Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-24-2005, 06:13 PM   #766
Mistress_Aine
|Invisble to the World|

Yeah that was what I had and for some odd reason it didnt want to show up. *shrugs* Am definitely considering the paint. I tested out some on a scrap of fabric and it showed up nicely. Its just having to paint that whole thing. Oh well. I can amke it fun.
Mistress_Aine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2005, 07:11 PM   #767
PZB
Silk Fiend

If you're using acrylic, it might be a little time consuming, but toothpicks give a nice fine line. And when you're done, heat set it with an iron and it won't wash off if you ever need to wash it too.
Unread 06-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #768
InuPhoenix

yea acrylics work wonders, thats what I used to make the design on my Sango pack ^^. also make sure you have a rag nearby just incase of an accident and you dont whant it to set, maybe even usind those 'tide-to-go' sticks?
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
InuPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2005, 10:28 PM   #769
Kagetsu-chan
rowwrrr~ ^_^

I've been working on my demon slayer Sango costume for a while, and I'm finally ready to paint my boomerang. I have everything that I need to paint, but I have a bit of a problem. The duct tape i used to cover the foam and give it some strength would leave lines when i paint it, still visible. Does anyone know what I could use to cover the tape? Someone suggested I use gesso, what do you guys think about that?

Also, I will be starting my sword next, what do you think I should use for the sword/sheath? I have a lot of foam left over from my boomerang, but the type that I bought isn't easy to cut at an angle without it flaking off.

One last thing, the mask. I figured i would use clay, since that would be the easiest method and it could shape to the form of my face. How should I do the little rises in it? I thought of using foam finish or something like that, but I'm not sure. Also, the little 'braid' that it uses to connect, I'm not sure whether I should take strips and braid them together or what. Thanks to anyone who helps me with this!
Kagetsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2005, 09:01 AM   #770
R1KKu

Ive heard gesso works great for that kinda stuff; Ive never used it myself though. A brush on polyurethane might work too. For the sword sheath, Ive seen people use thick vinyl sewn together in a tube-like shape, and also paper mache used for it. The rises could be accomplished with little pieces of foamies, or even better, hot glue or Gem-tac (thats what Amethyst Angel used on her's) The braid....hmmm, you might be able to find some already braided trim (or whatever they call it) at Wal-mart or a craft store, or you could braid your own. Hope that helps.
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2005, 10:59 AM   #771
Kagetsu-chan
rowwrrr~ ^_^

Oh wow, thanks so much for the help! Today I'll probably go get some gesso or the polyurethane like you said.
Kagetsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2005, 08:10 PM   #772
InuPhoenix

hey again kagetsu chan! also, what might wrok if you got one of those cheap plastic samurai sword from a costme store and cover that and then dres it up to look like the sword.
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 07-03-2005, 08:48 PM   #773
Mistress_Aine
|Invisble to the World|

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuPhoenix
yea acrylics work wonders, thats what I used to make the design on my Sango pack ^^. also make sure you have a rag nearby just incase of an accident and you dont whant it to set, maybe even usind those 'tide-to-go' sticks?
I used those things on my white one and they just smeared the color around. Ugh! Came out okay though.

My friend bought a practice katana off of ebay for her Sango which she wore to Otakon. During the day the sheath fell off somewhere between the Harbor Place and the BCC. It was nice though. She used some fabric and it worked nicely while she had it.
Mistress_Aine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2005, 02:41 AM   #774
R1KKu

Quote:
hey again kagetsu chan! also, what might wrok if you got one of those cheap plastic samurai sword from a costme store and cover that and then dres it up to look like the sword.

Unless there is a 365 days open costume store nearby (I love those ^.^), or those can be found online. Another thing to do, although it wont give you a sheath and seperate blade, is to buy a bokken (around $10-15 online usually) and paint it the color of the sheath. Or you can make your own with the proper tools.
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2005, 09:24 AM   #775
Lynx Dragunhart
Dragon Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1KKu
Unless there is a 365 days open costume store nearby (I love those ^.^), or those can be found online. Another thing to do, although it wont give you a sheath and seperate blade, is to buy a bokken (around $10-15 online usually) and paint it the color of the sheath. Or you can make your own with the proper tools.
I have a site where you could buy a wooden bokken for about 8 dollars+shipping.
Wooden Bokken

or, you could always go with the daito

Wooden Daito

Personally, ' going to buy one of the daito's and fix it up to look like Ryu's sword from BoF4 (since I'm doing a BoF costume^_^). Well, gotta get back to working on my Miroku costume. If anyone has some advice about that, then I have another thread in here. ^_^
Jeshua

Last edited by Lynx Dragunhart : 07-04-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Lynx Dragunhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #776
x_InuYasha_x
Professional Something

I haven't really thought it out completely, but me and my best friend are thinking about starting our own little business making anime weapons. We made three katanas , the Tetsusaiga, and Miroku's staff for A-kon 16 and i made an evil master sword for my new link costume, complete with evil shield for Animefest this year. We make them from pine and i think they look pretty good. if anyone is interested just sen dme a message.
x_InuYasha_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 06:08 PM   #777
InuPhoenix

wow! o0 where was I lol. ohh sorry about the mudging >_< maybe it was that brand I used, next time ill post it ^^.

why not post a pic x_InuYasha_x? I owuldnt mind seeing tetsusaiga and Miroku's staff ^^*
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 07-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #778
Lynx Dragunhart
Dragon Knight

Quote:
wow! o0 where was I lol. ohh sorry about the mudging >_< maybe it was that brand I used, next time ill post it ^^.

why not post a pic x_InuYasha_x? I owuldnt mind seeing tetsusaiga and Miroku's staff ^^*
Ditto on what InuPhoniex said ^_^! I'm going to need me a staff for my miroku costume, when I go to anime south in Nov. and if it's any good (not just the staff but the price too), then I could be possibly interested.
Jeshua
Unread 07-06-2005, 12:32 AM   #779
x_InuYasha_x
Professional Something

The "upload pic" page isn't working right now, lol
Unread 07-06-2005, 12:35 AM   #780
x_InuYasha_x
Professional Something

Well, I'll be online with AIM and yahoo tonight if anyone wants to talk in real time... but i still have to figure out total materials cost, shipping cost and labor fees, but as soon as i have a system made, i will start selling them. If you go to AnimeU.org and look and the akon16 galleries, i'm the 6' tall inuyasha with a sword the same size ( i'm re-cutting it cause is was a last-minute project)