Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #1111
NarutoFanGurl
The Goddess of Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelKat View Post
I would try searching on eBay for "bamboo fans" or "rice paper fans" and see what you can find. You might come up with something pretty authentic.

If you want to buy a kimono (she wears hers layered so you'll need 3 different ones) instead of making one, again, search eBay for the words: "kimono" or "furisode". You'll come back with afew hundred results so you may want to narrow your search by adding the color, exp: "pink kimono".

If you want to make a kimono instead of buy one, than I'd recommend you check out THIS SITE and THIS ONE for more info.

Good luck!

ok, thank you so much for the information. i'll try everything you gave me and give you a full report. : - )
NarutoFanGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #1112
sweetbliss80
sweetbliss80

Hi i was wondering if u found the links to make the sailor collar i would appreicate it thanks!
sweetbliss80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #1113
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja

Help with Costume

Hey everyone,

So I took the cheap and easy way out with my cosplay costume and bought a cheap Inuyasha outfit from a company in China. The con I went to was really hot and I wound up getting my cosplay really dirty. I took it to have it cleaned and despite the fact that they assured me that they would check it for color-fast, it was returned to me with pink shoulders (that had previously been white).

For anyone who has made this costume before:
Would it be possible to take out the part of the shoulders that is now pink and trace the pattern onto a white fabirc and then sew the new pieces back into the shoulders?

Any help would be greatly apprecitated!

Thanks,

-Shiroi Ookami
Shiroi Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #1114
Gasei
雅猩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Ookami View Post
Hey everyone,

So I took the cheap and easy way out with my cosplay costume and bought a cheap Inuyasha outfit from a company in China. The con I went to was really hot and I wound up getting my cosplay really dirty. I took it to have it cleaned and despite the fact that they assured me that they would check it for color-fast, it was returned to me with pink shoulders (that had previously been white).

For anyone who has made this costume before:
Would it be possible to take out the part of the shoulders that is now pink and trace the pattern onto a white fabirc and then sew the new pieces back into the shoulders?

Any help would be greatly apprecitated!

Thanks,

-Shiroi Ookami

It is one of the problems of buying costume. Since I do not know how it is attatched, I cannot give specific advice.

If you have a chance you should make it into slits and you should wear white shurt next time.
I have seen many people assume the white stuff is attatched to the robe, but it is the color of the cloth beneathe it.
If you like to see how it is like, you can see Kagome put her hands out from the slit in the episode of TougenKyou (Episode 57 and 58 in Anime version).
Gasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #1115
Gasei
雅猩

I forgot to say this in my last post.

Do any of you are interested in making a cosplay team for some contest?
I have attended a couple of contest before, but there is some limittation of doing by myself, and I come to look for some teammate who likes InuYasha too.

I have tried in InuYasha and Kouga two years ago and TougaOu (Inu no Taoshou) this summer. Since I have not gotten any prize in Iny costume, I can cosplay any charactor in any contest.
Gasei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM   #1116
NarutoFanGurl
The Goddess of Flash

EelKat>> i tried ebay, and i didn't find anything.

Convention List:
-MatsuriCon 2008 in Worthington, OH - COMPLETED
-MatsuriCon 2009 in Worthington, OH - COMPLETED
-Ohayocon 2010 in Columbus, OH - COMPLETED
-ColossalCon 2010 in Sandusky, OH - COMPLETED
-MatsuriCon 2010 in Worthington, OH - COMPLETED
-OhayoCon 2011 in Columbus, OH - COMPLETED
-MatsuriCon 2011 in Columbua, OH
NarutoFanGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #1117
Fong
Quarter-circle, punch!

Hi everyone!

My next cosplay endeavor is Inuyasha =) I was wondering what wig base (with bangs) everyone might suggest? I plan on getting one with bangs and adding wefts for thickness, but more importantly I need the density of the hair in the back to be pretty thick, as his hair is certainly not thin!

Any suggestions?

My Youtube Channel!

~*~ Katsucon 2013 Line-Up ~*~

~*~ Naoto Shirogane from Persona 4 ~*~
~*~Elizabeth from Persona 3 ~*~
~*~ Winter/Femme Fatale Cammy White from SF4 ~*~

~*~ Zenkaikon 2013 Line-Up ~*~

~*~ Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club ~*~
~*~ Shura Kirigakure from Ai No Exorcist ~*~
Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #1118
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fong View Post
Hi everyone!

My next cosplay endeavor is Inuyasha =) I was wondering what wig base (with bangs) everyone might suggest? I plan on getting one with bangs and adding wefts for thickness, but more importantly I need the density of the hair in the back to be pretty thick, as his hair is certainly not thin!

Any suggestions?
To be honest, there's not a whole lot of wigs with bangs that come in the length you need to begin with, let alone thick ones. Most of the one's I've found are layered, which you wouldn't want.

The best Inuyasha wigs I've seen all started with bangless long wigs like New Look's Godiva 951 XL, then cut bangs into it. I've seen a silver Godiva in person, a friend of mine used it for her Abel from Trinity Blood wig, and even after cutting thick bangs, it still had a lot of fiber in the back.

I wouldn't really recommend Cosworx' Amanda or Amphigory's Enchantment wigs, both are thin (the Amanda painfully so in white), and the silver Enchantment tangles pretty badly.

You really shouldn't need to add extensions for the bangs, in fact, with most wigs you really couldn't, because they have skin tops where the bangs are. With proper styling methods, a wig like the Godiva would be plenty thick enough for Inu's bangs.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #1119
Fong
Quarter-circle, punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post
To be honest, there's not a whole lot of wigs with bangs that come in the length you need to begin with, let alone thick ones. Most of the one's I've found are layered, which you wouldn't want.

The best Inuyasha wigs I've seen all started with bangless long wigs like New Look's Godiva 951 XL, then cut bangs into it. I've seen a silver Godiva in person, a friend of mine used it for her Abel from Trinity Blood wig, and even after cutting thick bangs, it still had a lot of fiber in the back.

I wouldn't really recommend Cosworx' Amanda or Amphigory's Enchantment wigs, both are thin (the Amanda painfully so in white), and the silver Enchantment tangles pretty badly.

You really shouldn't need to add extensions for the bangs, in fact, with most wigs you really couldn't, because they have skin tops where the bangs are. With proper styling methods, a wig like the Godiva would be plenty thick enough for Inu's bangs.
Thanks so much! I was looking into buying an enchanted OR amanda wig so I'm really glad you mentioned them specifically. I was going to put bangs into them anyway, I just thought adding wefts would increase the volume...as his bangs are pretty hefty.

Also -- does anyone have suggestions as far as yellow contacts are concerned? I tried looking on cosplaylab's theatrical contact lenses section and they only have, like, "Amber max" or the cat eyed ones...which aren't at all accurate.

My Youtube Channel!

Unread 08-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #1120
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Thanks so much! I was looking into buying an enchanted OR amanda wig so I'm really glad you mentioned them specifically. I was going to put bangs into them anyway, I just thought adding wefts would increase the volume...as his bangs are pretty hefty.

Also -- does anyone have suggestions as far as yellow contacts are concerned? I tried looking on cosplaylab's theatrical contact lenses section and they only have, like, "Amber max" or the cat eyed ones...which aren't at all accurate.
That's a tough one. There really aren't any stock lenses available that look like Inuyasha's eyes. Like you said, the cat ones available aren't accurate, they're neon and look greenish, and also, since they only come in one size, they spin on some people, and make them appear goat-eyed.

Actual golden/amber lenses are hard to find as well, I've never seen anything in the right color.

I had my Sesshoumaru lenses (in my avatar) custom painted by 9mmsfx, but they were very expensive. For a cheaper route, I always thought the gold and black 'wolf' lenses looked nice on Inuyasha cosplayers.
Unread 08-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #1121
Fong
Quarter-circle, punch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post
That's a tough one. There really aren't any stock lenses available that look like Inuyasha's eyes. Like you said, the cat ones available aren't accurate, they're neon and look greenish, and also, since they only come in one size, they spin on some people, and make them appear goat-eyed.

Actual golden/amber lenses are hard to find as well, I've never seen anything in the right color.

I had my Sesshoumaru lenses (in my avatar) custom painted by 9mmsfx, but they were very expensive. For a cheaper route, I always thought the gold and black 'wolf' lenses looked nice on Inuyasha cosplayers.
Are the wolf ones made by 9mmsfx, or somebody else?

(PS, thanks for the help =) )

My Youtube Channel!

Unread 08-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #1122
Shiroi Ookami
Professional Ninja

Thanks for the suggestion on the wig. The one that I bought with my costume has become a disgusting disaster and is in dire need of replacement.

Currnet Cosplays:

Pridelands Sora - Commissioned from Cosfurs

Upcoming Cosplays:
Anbu Black Ops - Naruto
Human Paladin - World of Warcraft
Snow Villiers - Final Fantasy XIII
Shiroi Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #1123
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Are the wolf ones made by 9mmsfx, or somebody else?

(PS, thanks for the help =) )
No problem! ^^

9mmsfx makes wolf lenses, and they're very nice, but there's some stock wolf lenses too.

http://www.cosplaylab.com/proshop/contactlens.asp?id=13

Lots of contact sites sell ones like that too, they're usually called 'black wolf' or something similar. ^^
Unread 08-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #1124
Fong
Quarter-circle, punch!

I'm trying to figure out what in the world to make the costume (Inuyasha) out of af far as fabric is concerned. I don't think muslin will cut it, I think it looks cheap and it attracts way too much cat hair X_X I can't wait to go see what Jo*Ann's has in stock.

What did you guys use?

My Youtube Channel!

Unread 08-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #1125
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what in the world to make the costume (Inuyasha) out of af far as fabric is concerned. I don't think muslin will cut it, I think it looks cheap and it attracts way too much cat hair X_X I can't wait to go see what Jo*Ann's has in stock.

What did you guys use?
You probably won't get much in the way of responses from other Inuyasha cosplayers here, this thread is pretty dead, I'm one of the last people who replies to questions here. ^^;

I think PZB used linen, and Miyabi used either thick broadcloth or quilters cotton, but personally, I'd look for a poly/cotton blend, to help with wrinkling, 100% is a pain for Inuyasha costumes, because the pants and sleeves are so big that they take forever to iron.

I know some people recommended twill, but unless it's a thin twill, I'd advise against that, it doesn't drape real well for poofy pants.

It's getting harder and harder to find a good poly/cotton blend, Joann's keeps phasing out staple fashion fabrics for special occasion fabics and fleece.