Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #1246
creativecrater
browncoat trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesexnpocky View Post
@creativecrater: Already done, sweetie~ <3 I made Sango for a friend of mine, (she's so cuuuute~ <3) and I'll just use that one. It's actually my second one, so it's new and improved! The only reason I don't wear her costume is because she is a good four inches taller than me, plus I want to re make the slayer suit. It came out nice, but I am convinced I can do ten times better. >.> That, and I don't have the daunting task of about 7-8 costumes to do in 3 months >.<
AWESOME! Haha, it is nice when you have an idea what you're doing, huh? Luckily, as I have no clue how I'd go about making Sango's slayer outfit, a friend of mine is doing all the costumes for our Inu group while I'm making all of the props. ;P Sounds like yours will be pretty amazing, and yay for having time to work on it!!!
Please PM if you have pics or vids of us!

"Get Ready. This is the I.C.U. The Intensive Cosplay Unit. Dirty bit."
creativecrater is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #1247
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecrater View Post
AWESOME! Haha, it is nice when you have an idea what you're doing, huh? Luckily, as I have no clue how I'd go about making Sango's slayer outfit, a friend of mine is doing all the costumes for our Inu group while I'm making all of the props. ;P Sounds like yours will be pretty amazing, and yay for having time to work on it!!!
Ah, a tip, because it's proven, make it two pieces. *points to the episode "Enter Sango the Demon Slayer" As she changes, you can see it really is two pieces, so why kill yourself to make it one piece? :3

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
lovesexnpocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:06 AM   #1248
Brainshake
aka LazyJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesexnpocky View Post
Ah, a tip, because it's proven, make it two pieces. *points to the episode "Enter Sango the Demon Slayer" As she changes, you can see it really is two pieces, so why kill yourself to make it one piece? :3
I just had to watch that episode to see what you mean. And yeah, it almost appears that it's a two piece. Seeing as there's already a piece of black clothing on the ground when she drops whatever piece of clothing she's dropping. But on the other hand, you can't really see how it's split either. If it's at the waist or so. I have made mine into a one piece, since it really looks like it is a one piece, but it's really difficult to get out of it. I can put it on by myself, but I can't reach to pull down the zipper in the back, so I'll need help whenever I need to visit the ladies room. XD It's gonna be a fun convention.
MeuwCon 03: Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
UppCon 10: Kagome (Inuyasha)
Brainshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #1249
lovesexnpocky
Add that to the tally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainshake View Post
I just had to watch that episode to see what you mean. And yeah, it almost appears that it's a two piece. Seeing as there's already a piece of black clothing on the ground when she drops whatever piece of clothing she's dropping. But on the other hand, you can't really see how it's split either. If it's at the waist or so. I have made mine into a one piece, since it really looks like it is a one piece, but it's really difficult to get out of it. I can put it on by myself, but I can't reach to pull down the zipper in the back, so I'll need help whenever I need to visit the ladies room. XD It's gonna be a fun convention.
Ah, yeah, another reason to make it two pieces. If it's snug enough, and you put the waist sash right over the seams, you can pull it off. >.> My Sango didn't drink much, and it was a pain to get her in. XD I actually had to help our Inuyasha. At the time I originally made the costume for her, she wasn't five months pregnant! XD And the baby wanted to move. Lucky for us, she had a pair of thermal pants, red as her pants, to it was okay xD But when I go as Sango, none of my lady friends are with me, so I am on my own! xD

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood!
lovesexnpocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 02:59 AM   #1250
Brainshake
aka LazyJenny

I fortunately have plenty of lady friends with me that can help me. But it will still take quite a while to remove all armor and stuff. XD Every visit to the ladies room will probably take ten minutes. XD I will probably only use the costume one and a half day and wear something else the rest of the time.
Unread 12-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #1251
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

I'm looking at making a Miroku and Sango pair, so I went back and watched episode 24. It looks like the pants are already on the ground and she drops the shirt, because you can see the collar, so it must be a shirt, with high-waisted fitted pants. This is going to make my Sango's life much easier, lol.

A question I have is, Miroku seems to wear some sort of leggings under his robe, would wearing black leggings be enough, you think?

We were thinking that, for the armor plates on Sango's front and back, that we would just attach them with snaps to keep them in place, that tie the sash to keep them snug, then they would be easy to take on and off but still be secure.
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #1252
Brainshake
aka LazyJenny

They look like leggings, but I think they are some kind of protecting cloth that runs from his ankles to his knees. The term is Kyahan, try google it. Check this site where there are many theories on their clothes: http://hagakureproductions.tripod.com/clothes.htm Very useful when making Inuyasha cosplays.
Unread 12-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #1253
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

I think we're going to go with manga versions, so we can do the floral/coral pattern on Sango's armor, so in the end I suppose we won't have to worry about the kyahan anyway. He doesn't wear them in the manga, I don't know why the anime added them.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 12-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #1254
creativecrater
browncoat trekkie

Very interesting, all this talk of Sango's Slayer outfit being two pieces.... I'm gonna have to watch the episodes again and talk with the lady making my outfit to see what she thinks. It would a LOT more convienent! (Though I'm one of those weird people with an arm flexible enough that I can actually unzip myself out of an outfit. So not too big a deal if it's one piece with a back zipper...)

What about that yellow embroidered thing near her shoulder? My friend thinks they are like ties... most cosplayers I've seen just embroider it on though. What do you guys think?
Please PM if you have pics or vids of us!

"Get Ready. This is the I.C.U. The Intensive Cosplay Unit. Dirty bit."
creativecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #1255
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

It's gold vine embroidery, with some beads or more embroider as berries. The tie is the frog clasp looking thing on the other side, because her shirt parts there with the red trim like a Chinese shirt.

As for the two pieces, if you watch episode 24, after she kills the centipede at the beginning she changes clothes in a hut/shed. You can see the black fabric and armor on the ground, and then she drops the shirt, because you can clearly see the collar and long sleeves fall to the ground. You can also see the bottom of the shirt as it flutters. I never even noticed until now.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 12-31-2010, 01:41 AM   #1256
Devil-Ducky-93

@creativecrater: ya i cant wait to make the prop and have mmy bf shoow it off. I juust hope i can make my own bow (ya i know i can buy one but it'll be coool to make my own)

@lovesexnpocky: you go to AZ?? epic so do i, iv gone two yearss going on three.... one my friends are going as koga (:
Devil-Ducky-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #1257
Brainshake
aka LazyJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecrater View Post
What about that yellow embroidered thing near her shoulder? My friend thinks they are like ties... most cosplayers I've seen just embroider it on though. What do you guys think?
I have been a bit puzzled about that. My suit is in a very stretchy spandex, so I can't embroider on it because of the stretch. So I think I will make the yellow embroidery separately by cutting out some yellow fabric and have them attach to the costume by the red beads/berries.

Actually. Since Sango's slayer outfit is not something that existed in feudal Japan for real, it's hard to make it truly accurate. We can only take guesses. I never thought of it as a two piece until I rewatched episode 24, as it doesn't look like a two piece in the rest of the anime/manga. If it truly was a two piece, then it should have slipped up and showed some belly when she stretches upwards, if you know what I mean.
And since you never see her actually change outfit more than just that one time, it's really hard to tell what is accurate. Does the change scene exist in the manga? Because the manga is probably the truest source.
In the anime, Sango also has those kyahans when wearing her kimono. It fooled me to think she actually wore her slayer outfit under the kimono, as you can never see any bag or so that could contain her slayer suit in her normal clothes.

I think I'm thinking too much about this. XD I wanted my costume to be as accurate as possible, but that in itself is pretty impossible. Same thing with the Miroku outfit I'm making. His Kesa is impossible to wrap like it is wrapped in the anime, so I'll just have to improvise...
Unread 12-31-2010, 06:25 AM   #1258
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
I think I'm thinking too much about this. XD I wanted my costume to be as accurate as possible, but that in itself is pretty impossible. Same thing with the Miroku outfit I'm making. His Kesa is impossible to wrap like it is wrapped in the anime, so I'll just have to improvise...
Oooh, now that you mention it I've always wondered how the h*ll it's wrapped. xD

But yeah, cool to hear that your Sango cosplay is coming along Brainshake, can't wait to see it at Uppcon:10!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 07:36 AM   #1259
Brainshake
aka LazyJenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Oooh, now that you mention it I've always wondered how the h*ll it's wrapped. xD

But yeah, cool to hear that your Sango cosplay is coming along Brainshake, can't wait to see it at Uppcon:10!
I worked some on it the other day. I had to remake the zipper like three times. XD But it's slowly progressing and will look amazing when it's done. I will probably start looking for materials for the boomerang some time next week.
Unread 12-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #1260
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
I worked some on it the other day. I had to remake the zipper like three times. XD But it's slowly progressing and will look amazing when it's done. I will probably start looking for materials for the boomerang some time next week.
Ouch, evil zipper! D:
But it's fine now?

Hahah, I bet it'll turn out awesome! :'D
Yay Hiraikotsu~

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote