Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #1291
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunesonatuesday View Post
Aren't they!?
My friend and I were ruffling through the rack, looking for things that might work for Miroku and Kenshin, and at first I was going to go with these Pac-man ones that said Eat Me, or ones with Brian on them saying Don't make me beg, but then she found these and I died.

They're ACDC boxers, so at first we dismissed them because they had lame ACDC stuff on the front, then she noticed this on the butt and I was no good.
XD

Have you found any epic boxers for Kenshin yet?

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #1292
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Yeah I did, they have these cute little fish all over them.

boxers2.jpg
Hirasawa Yui [Uniform] (K-On!) - 60%
Hirasawa Yui [Don't Say Lazy] (K-On!) - Planning
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%
Imp Midna (Twilight Princess) - 40%

Cons: Animaritime 2012 and Hal-con 2012
tunesonatuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #1293
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Yeah I did, they have these cute little fish all over them.

Attachment 35066
Hahah, aaawh, so adorable! >w<
Sushi. <3 xD

*~In progress~*

Unread 02-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #1294
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

So I just ordered fangs for my Sesshomaru costume and I'll probably order a pair of ears next week. I also need face paint for his markings. So my question is, what brand should I use? I need something that will be easy to apply and last all day. I want use magenta for the markings on his cheeks, but I have no idea what color too use for the crescent moon, since I've seen different colors on artwork and other cosplayers.
Palutena - Kid Iicarus

Last edited by Radiant Nightmare : 02-07-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Radiant Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #1295
Narnian
Secret Ninja Princess

@Yoko - The most common color for Sesshomaru's crescent moon is blue.

I'm making a Sango cosplay this year. I'm hoping to make both her traveling and demon slayer outfits, but I'm making her demon slayer one first. I'm going to make her black leotard myself, but I'm wondering what type of spandex to use. I've two so far that I really like: 1 & 2.

Which one do you think fits her leotard better? I'm trying to get the sheen for her cosplay perfect. There are a couple reference image below to help.
Attached Images
File Type: png Sango ref2.png (188.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Sango ref3.png (147.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Sango ref4.png (151.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Sango ref6.png (172.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Sango ref7.png (178.4 KB, 0 views)
Natsu (SCV)/Christa (AoT)/Tsubaki (SE)

~Con Plans~
Sakura-con 2014/Fanime 2014

Cosplay reference photos. Please do not hotlink.

Last edited by Narnian : 02-07-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Narnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #1296
Radiant Nightmare
Deus Ex Machina

Thanks and I like the second one.
Palutena - Kid Iicarus
Radiant Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #1297
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Narnian: I like the first one. The second seems to shiny, and you don't want to look like a beacon of shinyness in pictures.

I've finally found the perfect beads for Miroku's string of prayer beads (known as a mala in most Buddhist cultures in case anyone was curious) and at only $0.20 a bead, which is pretty good. A mala has 108 beads, and they came in strings of 20 so I had to buy 120. I don't know what I'm going to do with 12 beads.

I wanted something that looked very natural and not like a plastic blue bead. I think these are just gorgeous and they're all varying shades of blue. Some are even almost white. I've finished stringing them, though I don't have a home bead yet (a bead with three holes that connects both ends of the string) so they're just chilling right now. I'll take pictures tomorrow when the lighting is better.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 02-08-2011, 02:41 AM   #1298
Brainshake
aka LazyJenny

Quote:
Narnian: I like the first one. The second seems to shiny, and you don't want to look like a beacon of shinyness in pictures.

I've finally found the perfect beads for Miroku's string of prayer beads (known as a mala in most Buddhist cultures in case anyone was curious) and at only $0.20 a bead, which is pretty good. A mala has 108 beads, and they came in strings of 20 so I had to buy 120. I don't know what I'm going to do with 12 beads.

I wanted something that looked very natural and not like a plastic blue bead. I think these are just gorgeous and they're all varying shades of blue. Some are even almost white. I've finished stringing them, though I don't have a home bead yet (a bead with three holes that connects both ends of the string) so they're just chilling right now. I'll take pictures tomorrow when the lighting is better.
Ah, lucky you. I couldn't find any good beads so I bought white ones in wood that I'll have to paint myself. And I only bought 100 of them. Gosh, it's gonna take time...
MeuwCon 03: Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
UppCon 10: Kagome (Inuyasha)
Brainshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #1299
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:

Those beads seems to be wonderful. I'd like to see them!

*~In progress~*

Unread 02-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #1300
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainshake View Post
Ah, lucky you. I couldn't find any good beads so I bought white ones in wood that I'll have to paint myself. And I only bought 100 of them. Gosh, it's gonna take time...
I was very picky about my beads, and in the end it worked out because I got awesome ones for cheap. They were $0.20 to begin with, then when we got to the counter we found out they were super on sale and just hadn't been marked yet, so we got the lot for about $20. A mala typically has 108 beads, with sets of 27 separated by spacer or "counting" beads. You can use anything as a spacer, as long as it clearly contrasts with the other beads. I usually recommend a flat disk-shaped one. I stole four off a necklace.

HPIM0544.JPG
HPIM0545.JPG
HPIM0546.JPG
HPIM0547.JPG

The beads are Deserres store brand beads. They're Natural Stone BSZYN07A. They came in strings of 20 for about $5 and I just strung them with red hemp chord, because a mala is traditionally made with red string. I don't have the home bead yet, because it's at my friend's house, but it's made of sandalwood.

I actually find the idea of the mala very interesting. For every bead they place on the string, they repeat a mantra, so it's a meditative process. They repeat the mantra 100 times, with 8 extra to compensate for any mispronunciation or mistakes. When they're done they carry it with them, and use it to count prayers.

Or in Miroku's case, use it to hold back demonic hell-holes.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 02-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #1301
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Oh wow, such lovely colored beads!
And mala sounds interesting actually.

*~In progress~*

Unread 02-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #1302
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Aren't they pretty? I really love how crackled they are. I wanted something that looked very natural and not like plastic. I like how they're kind of rough looking but still pretty, it seems like something a monk would have.

There are a lot of things about Buddhism I find interesting. Like the kesa. Miroku's kesa is actually for a novice monk and it's supposed to be temporary. He would have received it from Mushin was he was indoctrinated as a monk. The novice kesa is purple, and the master's is gold, which is what Mushin wears. During his travels he's actually supposed to collect scraps of fabric to make his own, and the more unfortunate the story behind the fabric the better. His kesa is supposed to be as humble as he can make it so he's supposed to take fabric that no one else could ever want, like the robes men have died in or even (get this) old discarded MENSTRUAL RAGS! The more unwanted the fabric is the better, and he's supposed to sew them together by hand to make the most humble clothing he can.

Doesn't seem like Miroku is making that a priority. Gee, I wonder why??
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Unread 02-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #1303
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Yeah, I've also read about that thing about making kesa. xD
And yes, I find Buddhism really fascinating too, much much cooler than Christianity... (no offence to anyone)

*~In progress~*

Unread 02-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #1304
creativecrater
browncoat trekkie

Quote:
I was very picky about my beads, and in the end it worked out because I got awesome ones for cheap. They were $0.20 to begin with, then when we got to the counter we found out they were super on sale and just hadn't been marked yet, so we got the lot for about $20. A mala typically has 108 beads, with sets of 27 separated by spacer or "counting" beads. You can use anything as a spacer, as long as it clearly contrasts with the other beads. I usually recommend a flat disk-shaped one. I stole four off a necklace.

Attachment 35301
Attachment 35302
Attachment 35303
Attachment 35304

The beads are Deserres store brand beads. They're Natural Stone BSZYN07A. They came in strings of 20 for about $5 and I just strung them with red hemp chord, because a mala is traditionally made with red string. I don't have the home bead yet, because it's at my friend's house, but it's made of sandalwood.

I actually find the idea of the mala very interesting. For every bead they place on the string, they repeat a mantra, so it's a meditative process. They repeat the mantra 100 times, with 8 extra to compensate for any mispronunciation or mistakes. When they're done they carry it with them, and use it to count prayers.

Or in Miroku's case, use it to hold back demonic hell-holes.
GORGEOUS! Seriously, they are amazing! Such a great find/choice in beads (and yay for the price)! It is really interesting too, to know the how and why behind the traditional use of the beads and clothing and whatnot... ^^ I didn't know any of this before....
Please PM if you have pics or vids of us!

"Get Ready. This is the I.C.U. The Intensive Cosplay Unit. Dirty bit."
creativecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #1305
tunesonatuesday
Wonder Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecrater View Post
It is really interesting too, to know the how and why behind the traditional use of the beads and clothing and whatnot... ^^ I didn't know any of this before....
Yeah, over the course of researching how to make a lot of this stuff I've learned a lot about it, which is always great. I feel like I can do the work and wear the costume better if I know about the history.

I re-styled the front of Miroku's wig. Originally it had straight bangs, but then I had to take the ponytail out to wash the wig anyway (I think something in the glue I was using was reacting with the wig to make it stinky) so I decided to make the front a bit more spikey and scruffy.

HPIM0550.JPG
HPIM0551.JPG
HPIM0552.JPG

I love this thread. It's great for posting things and getting feedback right away. I can never ask anyone I know how they think something looks because none of them know what it's supposed to look like, and the girl I cosplay with just loves everything.
Miroku (InuYasha) - 95%

Last edited by tunesonatuesday : 02-10-2011 at 07:57 PM.