Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 08-31-2004, 10:39 PM   #1
Nancyboynoire
Glomp.

Un-naturally natural look?

I was curious... does anyone know how to achieve that really soft unaturally natural look?

I've tried it out a few times but I often end up looking a little on the pasty side... my skin doesn't really have that glow I was looking for.

Here's what my attempt looked like ( merr.. no laughing. >_O ) can anyone give me some pointers? I'm sorry the lighting isn't the best.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=190788
Nancyboynoire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2004, 11:39 PM   #2
Nina Star 9
Amano Tsukiko Addict

so, you are wishing for glowing skin, right? i can help a little with that. not much, mind you. try and exfoliate, and use a light moisturizer, preferably one with sunscreen. then, use a light foundation, nothing too heavy. add just a touch of peach colored blush on the apples of your cheeks. a light pink/peach gel might work. and.. well... can anyone help me out here?
Nina Star 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2004, 12:47 AM   #3
Czygany
It's still me...

you can also use a shimmer highlighter product across your browbone and cheeks...

...I have light skin with really rosey cheeks and my favorite highlighter I've found is by Bloom, Shimmer Stick in Glow...it's a soft beigey-pink...it tones down the red, adds a tiny bit of pink tint and plenty of shimmer without looking glittery...I love it!

...if you're looking for shimmer w/o any color, I like Prescriptives, Sheen Cream in Twinkle...I've used this for a very long time until I found my new fav (see above *wink*)...actually, I still use this quite a bit in winter (when all traces of sun have left my skin *pout*) or when trying to highlight strange make-up colors...
Czygany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2004, 08:36 AM   #4
Nina Star 9
Amano Tsukiko Addict

also, you try a very sheer berry pink on your lips, and a light brown eyeshadow. also try just a touch of brown mascara. but for more highlighty products, i am out.
Nina Star 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2004, 07:04 PM   #5
deschaos
Anime Dessinatrice

You mean in real life? or just in your photos?

Shimmer is wonderful. Make sure that you use on cheekbones, in a thin line under your eyes, and underneath the eyebrows, and on the nose.

if you're going for blush, make sure that it's light, and compliments your tone.

Photowise... overexposing the picture will make you "glow".
deschaos is offline   Reply With Quote