Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Unread 06-25-2002, 11:07 AM   #1
astronema

Red face shows

I think that if a new anime comes out in japan they should try to brodcast it over here too. I think they already do that with samarai jack, I'm not absolutely sure, but some dude over there says it is. He could be lying, I dunno just a thought.
astronema is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2002, 12:05 PM   #2
rayechu

i thought saumri jack was made by the same guy who did the powerpuff girls???? it's ok cause I don't liek samuri jack anyways. The intro movie was boooooooooooooring
Unread 06-25-2002, 01:31 PM   #3
Kaitou
Looking for my DZ0

Samurai Jack was created by Genndy Tartovsky, of powerpuff girls and Dexter's Laboratory fame. It is in no way Japanese beyond its title.
Kaitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 02:11 PM   #4
astronema

arhgg, no everyone, I know it was made by him, I'm saying it's over in japan right now. Just like digimon's over here!
Unread 06-25-2002, 02:50 PM   #5
Scoti
Lv. 99

astronema I'm alittle confused..are you saying that shows should be broadcasted in both countries at the same time or there should always be a trade (we give them Samurai Jack while they give us digimon)...
Unread 06-25-2002, 02:50 PM   #6
forte-mari
normal and boring

So you think if it works that way then it should work in the reverse. I think that too, but unfortunately that's probably not going to happen.

~Richard Feynman
forte-mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2002, 07:08 PM   #7
astronema

Ok, now I feel like I shouldn't have said anything. It's like if something comes out, we get those episodes much later. If we come out with something, they get the episodes faster so it's as if our shows over here run in the same time period as thiers. Like we run our's july 3, they get it aug. 4 and keep going with it till we end it. If they come out with it july3m we get it 1 or more years later. get me now?
Unread 06-25-2002, 07:45 PM   #8
Quies
Insanity's Realm

thats because they have to "americanlize" everything over here so people won't be ofended. *snort*
the olny ones that aren't torn to shreads and are still released on tv are the ones shown at night with the nice big warnings about how it's inaproriate.
...sorry, this tends to get me in a sour mood so i better stop before i get cynical. but that's the reason, that and most people don't like subtitles over here.
Unread 06-25-2002, 09:31 PM   #9
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Quies sounds right on the dot - anime goes through a lot of editting before it hits the t.v. - even before it hits Adult Swim. A lot of Americans aren't ready or are to lazy to adapt to a new kind of show (which is why MTV sells..........). It'd take time for them to grasp it - might as well get cozy wit your DVDs and fansubs for the time being or be satisfied with what the U.S. *does* air =/
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2002, 12:25 AM   #10
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

*tries REALLY hard not go to into the American attitudes about animation rant* You guys should appreciate that I'm not gonna do the rant, it's a long rant and an issue I'm real sensitive about, not just because it has a huge impact on my career choices.

Sorry man, it's a nice idea, but it ain't gonna happen. Not for a long long while, anyway. For all the reasons that have been mentioned so far, and a long list of others.

Meanwhile we're stuck with the stuff that does come out fairly soon after the Japanese version, but we'd rather didn't. Zoids was much more entertaining raw, when I couldn't understand the majority of the plot . . . and Masked Rider was downright cool . . .
Unread 06-26-2002, 03:38 PM   #11
astronema

Why is evryone getting upset over this? It's not that serious.
Unread 06-26-2002, 04:33 PM   #12
Ringo
紙の翼

Um to get back to the original topic. Power Puff Girls Dexter's Lab and South Park are in Japan. ^_^
As far as other counries South Park and Simpsons are very popular in England. ^_^
Then I wonder what thier impressions of America is?
Unread 06-26-2002, 04:36 PM   #13
astronema

ringo, THANK YOU!!! you understand!!!!!!!