Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Unread 09-05-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
foxhound
Lions Share.

what kind of jacket does solid snake wear

I was wonder if anyone know's.what kind od jacket does solid snake wear's,and if anyone know's where can i buy it or get it made for me.Because i tried to do it myself and ended up sewing right threw my hand.so if any one has any info PLEASE TELL ME. And by the way im refering to the jacket he wears in mgs1/ twin snakes. sincerly,foxhound

Unread 09-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
hadokn

The one I'm using at JTAF looks like this:

Snake Vest

It's not perfect, but I think it can be with a few alterations.
hadokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 02:36 PM   #3
thebebop
confused fanatic

I think if you made some basic alterations to that jacket it would look kick ass
thebebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #4
foxhound
Lions Share.

wait ive seen that somewhere what site is that i remember looking at this before and saying that would be good for solid snake
Unread 09-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #5
foxhound
Lions Share.

why does it have so many buttons on the front and the back well im going to buy it so thats cool they also have pads that look like snakes knee pads anyways ill have to modify the jacket but it will look really kick ass once im finished
Unread 09-06-2004, 04:11 PM   #6
kabuki_ikenie
Super Collider

snake's jacket its a sleeveless bulletproof vest... it doesn't have all those straps... i guess you should look at some images of the game and the artbook... my mom (thanks so much!) made mine after a pattern i modified: it's a stuffed jacket and all the lines were made with the sewing machine...
it has 6 straps: 4 for the legs and 2 for the shoulders... its not straight, with this i mean it has some "cuts" at the waist area, for the leg straps...

SOS-project coming soon! no, it's not about haruhiism XD

cosplay.com chilean edition: "we're many and we're manly!" :cobracool:
kabuki_ikenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 07:46 PM   #7
foxhound
Lions Share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki_ikenie
snake's jacket its a sleeveless bulletproof vest... it doesn't have all those straps... i guess you should look at some images of the game and the artbook... my mom (thanks so much!) made mine after a pattern i modified: it's a stuffed jacket and all the lines were made with the sewing machine...
it has 6 straps: 4 for the legs and 2 for the shoulders... its not straight, with this i mean it has some "cuts" at the waist area, for the leg straps...
well i wish i could do that but i need my right hand to sew and since i just got back from the emergency room for sewing straight threw my hand (which still hurts like fuck) i cant do that even with a sewing machine im not a big sewing person i like to modify bought equipment till i get it exactly how i like it most of the time when i make such charecters like raiden form mgs2 i have to use a lot of rubber and spandex and so on....AND WHERE DID YOU GET THE USP GUN PROP
Unread 09-06-2004, 08:45 PM   #8
kabuki_ikenie
Super Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound
well i wish i could do that but i need my right hand to sew and since i just got back from the emergency room for sewing straight threw my hand (which still hurts like fuck) i cant do that even with a sewing machine im not a big sewing person i like to modify bought equipment till i get it exactly how i like it most of the time when i make such charecters like raiden form mgs2 i have to use a lot of rubber and spandex and so on....AND WHERE DID YOU GET THE USP GUN PROP
i transformed a toy gun that looked like a semi-automatic, then used foamies (eva rubber), some sponge and a bottle cap (for the "nozzle")... then painted with black spray paint... it looks cheap, but it was very easy to make (so you can rest your hand!)...

SOS-project coming soon! no, it's not about haruhiism XD

cosplay.com chilean edition: "we're many and we're manly!" :cobracool:
kabuki_ikenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #9
thebebop
confused fanatic

Meh I like having a jacket with lots of pockets and what not on it, as long as it resembles snakes itll work, plus it usually has a nice feel/fit to it
thebebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 09:45 PM   #10
foxhound
Lions Share.

that sounds grrrrrrrrrrrrreat
Unread 09-07-2004, 09:24 PM   #11
hadokn

All the pouches are removable, and the front and back is covered with velcro. I'm going to make the shoulder straps and stuff, but I probably won't have money to do it before jtaf. I just fell in love with the collar when I first saw it. and my socom just left Hong Kong!! Booya!!
Unread 09-08-2004, 04:37 PM   #12
foxhound
Lions Share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadokn
All the pouches are removable, and the front and back is covered with velcro. I'm going to make the shoulder straps and stuff, but I probably won't have money to do it before jtaf. I just fell in love with the collar when I first saw it. and my socom just left Hong Kong!! Booya!!
ill tell you what send me some tips and photos of your costume and ill do the same im doing raiden ill put up some blueprints soon i still need a wig so that it sticks out of my mask
Unread 09-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #13
hadokn

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound
ill tell you what send me some tips and photos of your costume and ill do the same im doing raiden ill put up some blueprints soon i still need a wig so that it sticks out of my mask
Yeah, sure. I'll send pics from the con this weekend. and uh, why are you banned?!
Unread 10-14-2004, 05:59 PM   #14
foxhound
Lions Share.

IM FINALLY BACK...and im not positive why iwas banned oh well...who cares im back YAY!!!!!!