Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 09-05-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
foxhound
Lions Share.
 
foxhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 129
what kind of jacket does solid snake wear

I was wonder if anyone know's.what kind od jacket does solid snake wear's,and if anyone know's where can i buy it or get it made for me.Because i tried to do it myself and ended up sewing right threw my hand.so if any one has any info PLEASE TELL ME. And by the way im refering to the jacket he wears in mgs1/ twin snakes. sincerly,foxhound
__________________
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHAT THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HIRAKIRI ROCK,I NEED SCISSORS,61!!!-colonel
foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #2
hadokn
Registered User
 
hadokn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 28
The one I'm using at JTAF looks like this:

Snake Vest

It's not perfect, but I think it can be with a few alterations.
hadokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 02:36 PM   #3
thebebop
confused fanatic
 
thebebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 131
I think if you made some basic alterations to that jacket it would look kick ass
thebebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #4
foxhound
Lions Share.
 
foxhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 129
wait ive seen that somewhere what site is that i remember looking at this before and saying that would be good for solid snake
__________________
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHAT THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HIRAKIRI ROCK,I NEED SCISSORS,61!!!-colonel
foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #5
foxhound
Lions Share.
 
foxhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 129
why does it have so many buttons on the front and the back well im going to buy it so thats cool they also have pads that look like snakes knee pads anyways ill have to modify the jacket but it will look really kick ass once im finished
__________________
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHAT THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HIRAKIRI ROCK,I NEED SCISSORS,61!!!-colonel
foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 04:11 PM   #6
kabuki_ikenie
Super Collider
 
kabuki_ikenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,923
snake's jacket its a sleeveless bulletproof vest... it doesn't have all those straps... i guess you should look at some images of the game and the artbook... my mom (thanks so much!) made mine after a pattern i modified: it's a stuffed jacket and all the lines were made with the sewing machine...
it has 6 straps: 4 for the legs and 2 for the shoulders... its not straight, with this i mean it has some "cuts" at the waist area, for the leg straps...
__________________
"I put the shadows back into the boxes"

SOS-project coming soon! no, it's not about haruhiism XD

cosplay.com chilean edition: "we're many and we're manly!" :cobracool:
kabuki_ikenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 07:46 PM   #7
foxhound
Lions Share.
 
foxhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki_ikenie
snake's jacket its a sleeveless bulletproof vest... it doesn't have all those straps... i guess you should look at some images of the game and the artbook... my mom (thanks so much!) made mine after a pattern i modified: it's a stuffed jacket and all the lines were made with the sewing machine...
it has 6 straps: 4 for the legs and 2 for the shoulders... its not straight, with this i mean it has some "cuts" at the waist area, for the leg straps...
well i wish i could do that but i need my right hand to sew and since i just got back from the emergency room for sewing straight threw my hand (which still hurts like fuck) i cant do that even with a sewing machine im not a big sewing person i like to modify bought equipment till i get it exactly how i like it most of the time when i make such charecters like raiden form mgs2 i have to use a lot of rubber and spandex and so on....AND WHERE DID YOU GET THE USP GUN PROP
__________________
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHAT THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HIRAKIRI ROCK,I NEED SCISSORS,61!!!-colonel
foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 08:45 PM   #8
kabuki_ikenie
Super Collider
 
kabuki_ikenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound
well i wish i could do that but i need my right hand to sew and since i just got back from the emergency room for sewing straight threw my hand (which still hurts like fuck) i cant do that even with a sewing machine im not a big sewing person i like to modify bought equipment till i get it exactly how i like it most of the time when i make such charecters like raiden form mgs2 i have to use a lot of rubber and spandex and so on....AND WHERE DID YOU GET THE USP GUN PROP
i transformed a toy gun that looked like a semi-automatic, then used foamies (eva rubber), some sponge and a bottle cap (for the "nozzle")... then painted with black spray paint... it looks cheap, but it was very easy to make (so you can rest your hand!)...
__________________
"I put the shadows back into the boxes"

SOS-project coming soon! no, it's not about haruhiism XD

cosplay.com chilean edition: "we're many and we're manly!" :cobracool:
kabuki_ikenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #9
thebebop
confused fanatic
 
thebebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 131
Meh I like having a jacket with lots of pockets and what not on it, as long as it resembles snakes itll work, plus it usually has a nice feel/fit to it
thebebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2004, 09:45 PM   #10
foxhound
Lions Share.
 
foxhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 129
that sounds grrrrrrrrrrrrreat
__________________
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHAT THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HIRAKIRI ROCK,I NEED SCISSORS,61!!!-colonel
foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2004, 09:24 PM   #11
hadokn
Registered User
 
hadokn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 28
All the pouches are removable, and the front and back is covered with velcro. I'm going to make the shoulder straps and stuff, but I probably won't have money to do it before jtaf. I just fell in love with the collar when I first saw it. and my socom just left Hong Kong!! Booya!!
hadokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2004, 04:37 PM   #12
foxhound
Lions Share.
 
foxhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadokn
All the pouches are removable, and the front and back is covered with velcro. I'm going to make the shoulder straps and stuff, but I probably won't have money to do it before jtaf. I just fell in love with the collar when I first saw it. and my socom just left Hong Kong!! Booya!!
ill tell you what send me some tips and photos of your costume and ill do the same im doing raiden ill put up some blueprints soon i still need a wig so that it sticks out of my mask
__________________
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHAT THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HIRAKIRI ROCK,I NEED SCISSORS,61!!!-colonel
foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2004, 09:30 PM   #13
hadokn
Registered User
 
hadokn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhound
ill tell you what send me some tips and photos of your costume and ill do the same im doing raiden ill put up some blueprints soon i still need a wig so that it sticks out of my mask
Yeah, sure. I'll send pics from the con this weekend. and uh, why are you banned?!
hadokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2004, 05:59 PM   #14
foxhound
Lions Share.
 
foxhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 129
IM FINALLY BACK...and im not positive why iwas banned oh well...who cares im back YAY!!!!!!
__________________
I HEAR IT'S AMAZING WHAT THE FAMOUS PURPLE STUFFED WORM IN FLAP JAW SPACE WITH THE TUNING FORK DOES A RAW BLINK ON HIRAKIRI ROCK,I NEED SCISSORS,61!!!-colonel
foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.