Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 12-01-2016, 06:55 AM   #1
dusklux
Prince of Lucis

Cosplay lineups for 2017?

Hey guys! What're your cosplay lineups for cons in 2017?

So far mine are Ryuko Matoi (KLK), Hinata Shouyo (Haikyuu!!), and Noctis Lucis Caelum (FFXV)
dusklux is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

My current lineup:

Nefertari(Fate/ Prototype:FBaS), Chise(Ancient Magus Bride), God Eater 2 Player Character and a secret cosplay.

Stuff I hope I can make:
Fem. Percy(Critical Role), Fem Kubo(Kubo and the Two Strings), Moana, Livie(GE2RB), Swimsuit Attlia(Fate/Extella)
Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Wukong Gudako(Fate/Grand Order)|Nefertari(Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Blue and Silver|Ibaraki(Fate/Grand Order)|Ruler Martha(Fate/Grand Order)|Attlia, Swimsuit DLC(Fate/Extella)|Raishan(Critical Role)|Player Character(Pokemon Sun/Moon)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Only ones I have attached to actual cons are Madoka and a human Decidueye.

Madoka Kaname (Magical Girl) - MCM Birmingham (March 18)

Decidueye Gijinka - MCM London (May)
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #4
Chaletica
[laughs]

Started working on and got most materials - plans:

- Aoba Suzukaze from New Game
- CATS from Zero Wing (yes, after all these years and dropping it years ago because lack of materials/skills the project is happening again. don't let your memes be dreams kids)

Want to do if I have time/money:
- Namco from Consolers (own webcomic)
- Chiaki Nanami from Dangan Ronpa
- Shinya Arino from Game Center CX

http://consolers.webcomic.ws My webcomic, Consolers. It's about game companies
Chaletica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
fabrickind
Aspiring Senpai

So far I only have two things planned. I don't usually set my schedule far in advance, and because of life reasons, anything later in the year is up in the air. I think this might be a year of fixing up and rewearing older things.

Playboy Jolteon (original gijinka design, Pokemon), Harle (Chrono Cross)

There's also a pulp novel-inspired Samus I'd love to do, among a few other things from my backlog, but we'll see. This also doesn't account for my 'I just got into this thing/this new outfit was released/I suddenly must cosplay this older thing' cosplays. A year ago, if you told me I'd be cosplaying from Dragon Half and going to Anime Expo, I wouldn't have believed you! So I never really know what fancy will strike me.
Unread 12-01-2016, 12:23 PM   #6
benignthespian

I'm doing Captain Amelia (Treasure Planet), Yashiro Isana (K) and possibly Sucy (Little Witch Academia).
That last one depends on what my friend ends up doing, though. If she isn't able to come to the con or decides not to do Akko, I might do something else, potentially Gala Dress Fluttershy or maybe a Vulpix Gijinka. I'm also working on fixing up my Jinx (League of Legends) cosplay.
Unread 12-01-2016, 12:45 PM   #7
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

Mine's gotten pretty big, so I don't know if I'll be able to afford to do them all this year, but here's what I ideally want to do:

-Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them), decided to do him just a couple weeks ago and am scrambling to make his coat and vest for Ohayocon in January

-Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood), will probably be the next cosplay project I start after Ohayocon since it'll involve making quite a bit

-Aldo Raine (Inglourious Basterds), he should be pretty easy since I'll only have to make his coat and buy a couple accessories. Got really lucky at a thrift store last week and found an exact match for his WWII-era US military sweater

-Han Solo (Star Wars Episode V), should also be fairly simple, although I am a bit worried about finding parts for and making his belt/holster

-Captain America (Captain America: The First Avenger), won't be very labor-intensive since I'll probably only have to make a couple accessories, but I'll have to buy a lot of parts, including the leather jacket, so I don't know if I'll be able to afford to do him or not

-Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater), shouldn't be too expensive or work-intensive to put together, only thing I'm worried about is finding the harness he wears or the parts to make it

In progress/planned: Roy Mustang (FMA: Brotherhood), Aldo Raine (Inglourious Basterds), Han Solo (Star Wars Ep V), Big Boss (MGS3), Steve Rogers (Captain America: TFA), Cassian Andor (Rogue One)

FacebookdeviantArtInstagram
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #8
Shienra

I hope to finish Merrill from Dragon age this spring, but I doubt I will be able to do that because of school :')
Otherwise I'll do Chloe Price from life is strange since I can buy those parts.

Chloe Price - Life is Strange
Ciri alternative outfit - The Witcher
Merrill - Dragon age 2 (2018)

//Instagram//Facebook(cosplay)//
Shienra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 01:59 PM   #9
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Anastasia's court gown (historically accurate, too!) for CostumeCon, Heather from Dragons: Race to the Edge, mayyyybe Leela from Futurama (depends if Atomic Lollipop is back this year or still on hiatus), and if I have time/a renfest to take it to, I was tossing around the idea of an aurora borealis dragon to use up the six yards of red-green organza I bought for a masquerade routine.
And that doesn't count things I'm re-wearing. And because I have a glut of stuff to make for the first half of the year but nothing after June/July, I might start on a new big build later in the year. I was thinking Karliah from Skyrim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #10
Scunosi

No definite plans yet, but I've been loosely planning on doing Mei from Overwatch and Wicke from Pokémon Sun and Moon. Both are popular new games I like so it'd be fun to be part of a big group. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do both though; Wicke would be less-involved but would necessitate more sewing skills, while Mei has a lot of extra details and materials I'd have to work with. I may do one for spring the other for fall.

Other than those two no definite plans, just occasional "oh that's a cool outfit" glimmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron1138 View Post
-Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater), shouldn't be too expensive or work-intensive to put together, only thing I'm worried about is finding the harness he wears or the parts to make it
My boyfriend has looked into doing a Big Boss before and that was his main hangup, the parachute gear he wears. According to him (as I remember at least, been a while) you can't really make the parachute straps, at least not and look accurate. So you're stuck buying something that I think was like half the whole budget of the costume which I believe was $100+.

Upcoming Conventions
Sakuracon 2017
Possibly: NewCon

Latest cosplay
Lunara (HotS)
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #11
belligerent
Viking Metal

uh mccree, nakago (fy), auron (ffx), more outfits for aragorn, wolverine, genjyo sanzo (saiyuki reload), an iron man suit (probably mark 46), krauser (detroit metal city), daniel plainview (there will be blood)

probably more outfits for blackwall

i doubt I'll get through all that but there you go
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, England, Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo, Prussia, Shintaro Midorima, Aragorn
Dudes I will be eventually: Guts, Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 04:18 PM   #12
Wobniar
Whooosh!!

For the beginning of 2017, I'm making Guzma from Pokemon Sun/Moon (I just want a comfortable cosplay to wear to cons for once in my life bwahah) and later on at the end of the year will be King Anduin Wrynn from WoW and maybe the Happy Mask Salesman from Zelda Majora's Mask

Upcoming cons:
Anime LA 2017
Future Cosplays:
Happy Mask Salesman (Zelda)
Guzma (Pokemon Sun/Moon)
Wobniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #13
nathancarter
Victor Voyeur Photography

Kanan Jarrus, in time for Star Wars Celebration.

Elrond, in time for Dragoncon. I haven't decided which version; he wears many different outfits throughout the movies. On one hand, my skills lend themselves more toward the armored versions than the elaborate fabric versions. On the other hand, fabric costumes take up much less room than armor, and I'm running out of storage space.

http://flickr.com/nathancarter
https://www.facebook.com/VictorVoyeur
MetroCon - CONjure - Dragon Con - MegaCon
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
My boyfriend has looked into doing a Big Boss before and that was his main hangup, the parachute gear he wears. According to him (as I remember at least, been a while) you can't really make the parachute straps, at least not and look accurate. So you're stuck buying something that I think was like half the whole budget of the costume which I believe was $100+.
I saw a tutorial where someone made a semi-accurate approximation of the harness using much cheaper surplus straps and clips, so I'm planning to settle for something less accurate like that, but even finding the right parts to follow that tutorial could be tricky.

In progress/planned: Roy Mustang (FMA: Brotherhood), Aldo Raine (Inglourious Basterds), Han Solo (Star Wars Ep V), Big Boss (MGS3), Steve Rogers (Captain America: TFA), Cassian Andor (Rogue One)

FacebookdeviantArtInstagram
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #15
Akahime
Red Princess

I'm totally not sure anymore of my list, but for sure Cai Wenji from Dynasty Warriors 8! I want to do Persona 5 and something from FFXIV but I also want to do the two characters in my signature too! (pretty sure I won't be able to get to one of them, if not, then both sadly!)

I tend to get my list done, but it's not always what I stick to.

Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote