Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-14-2004, 09:37 PM   #1
Saucy
WHEEE
 
Saucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 102
Gothic Cat boy

i wanted to cosplay as a gothic cat boy but i dont know what i want it to look like or if there is a specific anime character like that so if someone could help me or show me some pictures that i could work off of that would be great thank you
Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-15-2004, 12:31 AM   #2
Ganesh
Lord of Obstacles
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy
i wanted to cosplay as a gothic cat boy but i dont know what i want it to look like or if there is a specific anime character like that so if someone could help me or show me some pictures that i could work off of that would be great thank you

My friend did this once...and had a great time: There's two pictures of him in my photo gallery...and yes, he's quite drunk at the time...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=134362

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=134363
__________________
Director of Properties and Publications at Anime USA

Catwalk, Character, Culture, and Cosplay: Anime USA Explores Fashion October 3-5, 2014
Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 01:52 AM   #3
Saucy
WHEEE
 
Saucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh
My friend did this once...and had a great time: There's two pictures of him in my photo gallery...and yes, he's quite drunk at the time...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=134362

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=134363
thats good but i was thinking of something more like Gothic Catboy's.here is the picture http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=121591
Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 02:47 AM   #4
Paradise Kitten
Registered User
 
Paradise Kitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5
Ooooo gothic catboy cosplay.... yummm. I love gothic style costumes AND kitty boys! Whee! Sorry. I get exited. I once saw a guy who did a Kuroneko from trigun in that fashion. it was nifty ^^ I only wish I had pics of him ><;;;
__________________
Meow >^..^<
Paradise Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 02:48 AM   #5
x_KyouKyou_x
tear me |A|P|A|R|T|.
 
x_KyouKyou_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 301
Um... I don't really have any help to offer, other than... try sketching something out... or, if you can't sketch, lol, just write down what you think would look good... And if you see something gothy that you really think would work, then keep it in mind. If you throw a bunch of things together and work from there, you can come up with an awesome costume!! ^^~ Not to mention you get to say that you came up with the design yourself! Plus... catboys are HOT!!! XD You shall have many the fangirl either glomping, or jumping on top of you. As if it's not pretty much the same thing anyway... Lol. Good Luck!!! ^^v Peace out!!
__________________
AX '06
+Ai+Ayano+Kaya+Kyo+Reita+Toshiya+

You and I are the decadent ones.
x_KyouKyou_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 02:53 AM   #6
Paradise Kitten
Registered User
 
Paradise Kitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_KyouKyou_x
Um... I don't really have any help to offer, other than... try sketching something out... or, if you can't sketch, lol, just write down what you think would look good... And if you see something gothy that you really think would work, then keep it in mind. If you throw a bunch of things together and work from there, you can come up with an awesome costume!! ^^~ Not to mention you get to say that you came up with the design yourself! Plus... catboys are HOT!!! XD You shall have many the fangirl either glomping, or jumping on top of you. As if it's not pretty much the same thing anyway... Lol. Good Luck!!! ^^v Peace out!!

Ah! that is very true!! I threw together a gothic kitty outfit for halloween a few years ago, and it looked awesome, and only took a few hours to throw together : ) It was an origional design, and everbody liked it ^^ Throwing together stuff is the best. its fun AND it works!!
__________________
Meow >^..^<
Paradise Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 03:32 AM   #7
Saucy
WHEEE
 
Saucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 102
those are great ideas another thing i was wondering is my costume is going to be all black along with my wig but my eyebrows are blond is there anyway i can safely dye my eyebrows
Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 03:46 AM   #8
x_KyouKyou_x
tear me |A|P|A|R|T|.
 
x_KyouKyou_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 301
Mascara or eyebrow pencils... XD!!!!! Mascara's usually a little clumpy so you would have to water it down a liiittle... and eyebrow pencils would probably work a LOT better! Lol, you could just color them... ^^ And eyebrow pencils are made to stay on, cause it would really suck if you had an itch and then- Oh, CRAP!!!! My eyebrow's gone again!!!! XD
__________________
AX '06
+Ai+Ayano+Kaya+Kyo+Reita+Toshiya+

You and I are the decadent ones.
x_KyouKyou_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 04:23 AM   #9
Saucy
WHEEE
 
Saucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_KyouKyou_x
Mascara or eyebrow pencils... XD!!!!! Mascara's usually a little clumpy so you would have to water it down a liiittle... and eyebrow pencils would probably work a LOT better! Lol, you could just color them... ^^ And eyebrow pencils are made to stay on, cause it would really suck if you had an itch and then- Oh, CRAP!!!! My eyebrow's gone again!!!! XD
lol! haha yea true and so i can color my eyebrows black with a eyebrow pencil and it would look like my eyebrows are naturally black? or are you saying that if i use a eyebrow pencil i should shave my eyebrows and use it? thank you so much for the help btw how do i take the stuff off?

Last edited by Saucy : 09-15-2004 at 04:50 AM.
Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 09:45 AM   #10
Shaman Soul
GOOAAL !!!
 
Shaman Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 922
lol i would love to see a gothic cat ! yay !
Shaman Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #11
Saucy
WHEEE
 
Saucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman Soul
lol i would love to see a gothic cat ! yay !
you will once i get done so for the costume its got like shiny vineal or vinal(i think thats how you spell it) or shiny plether pants do you think i should get tight ones to go with the costume or somewhat baggy ones
Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 06:23 PM   #12
Saucy
WHEEE
 
Saucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 102
i just hope people dont stare at me like im some kinda weardo when i go to the con and not talk to me that would suck haha
Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #13
dark_feather
It's...... Gendo
 
dark_feather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 314
Lol. I think if you went as a Gothic Catboy it would be quite the opposite. Pull it off right and the fangirls will flock to you. XD

I can't read Japanese but I own a manga called Loveless in which the main character Ritsuka is a catboy. He wears normal clothing a lot though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s_Ritsuka1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...oveless3_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...oveless4_2.jpg

As for pants I say tight is good! Chains and jewelry are also a nice touch.
dark_feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 07:22 PM   #14
Saucy
WHEEE
 
Saucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_feather
Lol. I think if you went as a Gothic Catboy it would be quite the opposite. Pull it off right and the fangirls will flock to you. XD

I can't read Japanese but I own a manga called Loveless in which the main character Ritsuka is a catboy. He wears normal clothing a lot though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s_Ritsuka1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...oveless3_2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...oveless4_2.jpg

As for pants I say tight is good! Chains and jewelry are also a nice touch.
in the last picture is that a he(because you said catboy and posted pictures)and if it is is that red thing he is wearing a corset? also when i do my costume do you think i should have cat paws or jus the ears and stuff?

Last edited by Saucy : 09-15-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #15
dark_feather
It's...... Gendo
 
dark_feather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy
in the last picture is that a he(because you said catboy and posted pictures)and if it is is that red thing he is wearing a corset? also when i do my costume do you think i should have cat paws or jus the ears and stuff?
Yeah, it's a he. They're all of the same guy. I guess that could be considered a corset. Or just a shirt with a lot of laces on it.

Uh... I'd say ears and a tail but no paws. If you're going for a gothy catboy look the paws might make it seem a little too cute. Try fingerless gloves or something instead.
dark_feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.