Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 09-21-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
Kishuu
Kishuu

My Shinji Plugsuit.

For this I used a heavy blue and black spandex to make the bodysuit, along with the gloves and feet. For the armor I used a foam and wrapped the blue, and white spandex around it to give the 3d armor look. It took help getting into it seeing as the zipper is located behind the backpack wich is attacthed to my back. Anyways, Please give your full honest oppinion.

-Shinji
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pilots.jpg (61.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg pilots2.jpg (18.6 KB, 0 views)
Kishuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #2
ShinjiIkari
Prefessional Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishuu
For this I used a heavy blue and black spandex to make the bodysuit, along with the gloves and feet. For the armor I used a foam and wrapped the blue, and white spandex around it to give the 3d armor look. It took help getting into it seeing as the zipper is located behind the backpack wich is attacthed to my back. Anyways, Please give your full honest oppinion.

-Shinji

This is actually my plugsuit, but I accidentally posted it under my friends name, please give your full oppinion ^-^ Thanks
ShinjiIkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #3
Niku-Sama
Robot Lady

I must say, very nicely done. Some of the armor seems a little over padded though. Perhaps you could use temporary dye or spray to make your hair black.
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:44 PM   #4
niphrodel

Black hair would really perfect this, I think.
Unread 09-21-2004, 03:45 PM   #5
Darkshine
<3 angsty anime

I think it looks pretty nice, including the armor. I can't really see that it'd look over-padded. Maybe in comparison to the anime but there's only so much people in the real world can do.
Darkshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 07:29 PM   #6
Senko-chan

It looks great, good job, I agree about the armor being alittle over-padded, but it's not bad or anything. It's awesome! ^_^
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2004, 08:31 PM   #7
Ren-Ren
Resident Pocky Pirate

If there was an easy way to take out a BIT of the padding, I'd say do that. But I doubt it would be easy..by the looks of it I'm sure nothing was easy. XD I say go for the black hair as well, I'm sorry I don't have a good temporary dye to recommend, maybe someone out there does? : )

You make an AWESOME Shinji, wonderful job. (And thats one of the best Asuka's I've ever seen too, great work with everything.)
Ren-Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2004, 02:05 AM   #8
ShinjiIkari
Prefessional Fanboy

LOL funny thing is Both of the other pilots I dated, both cheated on me ;_; but The padding sadly I cant lessen, and I will take all of the advice about the black hair, Thanks for the good comments ^-^.
Unread 09-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #9
Shaman Soul
GOOAAL !!!

this costume is already very good, you have great talent, but black hair would top it off, now that haloweens coming up, you can fing black hairspray at any party store ! if you do spray your here, repost some new pics, great job !!!
Shaman Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 10:59 AM   #10
Scoti
Lv. 99

I'm pleased to see someone put so much effort into a plugsuit ^_^
I don't think the padding is a big deal and it can't be helped anyway without taking the whole thing apart.However, I think that the side pieces need to be shifted upwards a bit because in the first picture it looks uneven.

even though you already have short enough hair I would invest in a black wig unless you don't mind dying it with a decent product. I really wouldn't use the temp. dye you see at Holloween because it's cheap, rubs off on everything, and 9 times of of 10 leaves uneven spots.
Unread 09-23-2004, 01:04 PM   #11
Tentacle_Guy
The Guy With Tentacles

It's already been said, that is a great plug suit.
I'd like to see more detail on the backpack, but it looks like you have limited pictures.

What's with the see-thru suit on Rei?

Disclaimer: Management not responsible for any injuries, loss of life, fiduciary burden, loss of virginity, loss of sanity, lack of morals, or gross changes in appearance.
------------------------------------------
Tempted by thoughts of tickling tentacles ?
Visit the beautiful downtown Naughty Tentacle Cosplay Gallery

In progress: Ultros (0%)
Tentacle_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 05:59 PM   #12
ShinjiIkari
Prefessional Fanboy

Thanks again for all the good reviews. First of il probbaly dye my hair black for my robin costume so when that is done Ill wear my plugsuit for a day and take more pics. Ofcourse I'll wear it between then, its one of my pride and joys. As for the side things, proping them is hard seeing as they are buttond on holding the backpack, although I will look into it, Thank you. Ah, the see thru rei, she was my girlfriend at the time and she was just getting into cosplay and wanted a costume, so we made that out of some dance suits. About 2 months later I caught her cheating and yea. But thanks for all the advice, Ill post the updated version soon!
Unread 09-23-2004, 10:39 PM   #13
pyro maniac

hmm theres just something baout the chest area (in the first piture) that bugs me.....

but besides from taht . all good. oh yea. get black hair ^^
pyro maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2004, 02:17 PM   #14
nexgenjetta
Gold Member

i think just for men or one of those hair die companies just come out with a product to temporily die your hair and then wash it out later. look into it.
nexgenjetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2004, 04:42 PM   #15
+Gogo+
Calamity Jane~&amp;amp;lt;3

Shinji's hair is brown people, not Black. It is BROWN. But very dark brown...Oo; *has watched eva over and over and over and over ...and over XD*

I like your suit. It's very well done. I hope to do an Asuka suit for myself one day and have my Shin-chan have a plugsuit as well.

I think your hair is fine, like I said, shinji's hair is brown, so it works! I think the plugsuit hair clippy thingies (I assume they are made of foam also) are a little too big and they are missing the black lines.

I think the neck of the suit is a bit too padded, it needs to be like the rest of the suit, form-fitting. The front padding is right on, but the side padding looks a little much to me..then again, it could just be the picture.

Overall, very nice job. I like it! <3