Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Unread 12-17-2007, 12:13 AM   #451
SlvrCrest
Plumber man

I want to go, but all my bills are due that week. and I do want to stay living in my house and driving my car.
Hercule/ Mr.Satan - 100%
Something from Hellsing - 00%
SlvrCrest is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-17-2007, 05:14 AM   #452
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melima331 View Post
I was wondering if any fellow MCS members will be attending Ohayocon. I am, but I am still pondering which hotel to book and how many nights to stay.
It's generally a popular con as far as MCS attendance goes, but a few here have sworn off going back various years for various reasons. I'll be attending still as always to the best of my knowledge. The Hyatt is ok but the Drury Inn & Suites is really where it's at. Free continental breakfast, popcorn and pop during the afternoon, from my understanding free drinks at the bar, and the rooms are spacious too! Tax is killer though. Not sure about the Hyatt though as I've never stayed there.
Hylian Lore
Arrows Projected: 2,360!
Current FFXIV Status: GLA13
The-Real-Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #453
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Link View Post
It's generally a popular con as far as MCS attendance goes, but a few here have sworn off going back various years for various reasons. I'll be attending still as always to the best of my knowledge. The Hyatt is ok but the Drury Inn & Suites is really where it's at. Free continental breakfast, popcorn and pop during the afternoon, from my understanding free drinks at the bar, and the rooms are spacious too! Tax is killer though. Not sure about the Hyatt though as I've never stayed there.
Yeah it was between the Crowne Plaza (108/night) or the Drury (140/night). Both have rooms available, and I am still deciding which one to choose, since both are connected to the con center in some way. It's only my boyfriend and I, so we have to decide how much we want to pay for a room for 2 nights.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha), Daenerys, Elsa (Frozen)

Possible planned cosplays:
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 03:21 AM   #454
sephirothlives
Asuma Sensei

Okay----I know this is in the future

But is there any chance that anyone would like to get an Acen group together? I already know some cool cosplayers from Michigan that I hung out with at Youmacon, and they are going to Acen...It is a cool convention to go to.
sephirothlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #455
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephirothlives View Post
But is there any chance that anyone would like to get an Acen group together? I already know some cool cosplayers from Michigan that I hung out with at Youmacon, and they are going to Acen...It is a cool convention to go to.
Hun, you must be new here!! We all go to ACen(heck, some of us are staff even!) There's a couple of threads about it on here...
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #456
sephirothlives
Asuma Sensei

New To Cosplay.com

Yeah, I have done about 7 conventions, but I am new to Cosplay.com I guess I just never got around to it.
Unread 03-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #457
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

If I recall, ain't you the Sephy who I snapped the pic of at Youmacon '07....XD. Our vodka chugging one...XD...

I'd swear that was the most famous picture of mine from my '07 Youmacon set...even the folks I hang with on AL got a huge kick out of it...tis like everyones favorite pic...XD

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #458
sephirothlives
Asuma Sensei

Ahhh Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiji Magiwind View Post
If I recall, ain't you the Sephy who I snapped the pic of at Youmacon '07....XD. Our vodka chugging one...XD...

I'd swear that was the most famous picture of mine from my '07 Youmacon set...even the folks I hang with on AL got a huge kick out of it...tis like everyones favorite pic...XD
That's me.... That was a memorable convention. I ended up with a girlfriend by the end. She recently dumped me, but still a memorable Youmacon
Unread 03-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #459
Sala
Cosplay Afficionado

Yeah, ACEN is the next con, correct? I can never remember who the Admin for this subforum is, but the title needs some fixin'...Otakon is long over!

CLICK HERE for Completed and/or Retired Costumes
Sala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #460
sephirothlives
Asuma Sensei

still tryin

I have 10 friends going already To acen, but I decided to go to late, so they don't have room in their rooms. So I am trying to find one at the con hotel I use very little floor space.
Unread 03-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #461
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeRei3 View Post
Yeah, ACEN is the next con, correct? I can never remember who the Admin for this subforum is, but the title needs some fixin'...Otakon is long over!

*points to edited threat header* done & done!
Unread 03-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #462
SlvrCrest
Plumber man

I'm looking for more people for my room, but I'm across the street in the overflow hotel.
Hercule/ Mr.Satan - 100%
Something from Hellsing - 00%
SlvrCrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #463
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephirothlives View Post
I have 10 friends going already To acen, but I decided to go to late, so they don't have room in their rooms. So I am trying to find one at the con hotel I use very little floor space.

Well I'd have to speak with my partner first, but we do have room in our room at the Embassy, so you could possibly join us, though you do have to be willing to share in on the room a little. Or if you wish, PM lauralyn and see what she has to say, since that's my room partner for the Embassy.

In fact if there are any fellow MCS'ers still looking for a spot to crash and don't mind the Embassy, then PM lauralyn and what not, and maybe we'll squeeze you into our room.

Quoting her from our conversations:
Quote:
So we have a suite at the embassy suites. I'm pretty sure I asked for a double bed room on the phone when I made the reservation, but it could also be a king bed with a pull out couch. All the rooms at the embassy are two-room suites. I believe there is microwave in the room and we get free breakfast.
Here are the approx. prices:
If we have 5 people it would be about $135
4 people - $169
That includes room tax.
She has plans to bring her laptop which could be used for DVD's if we want though I may plan to also bring my tiny little DVD player as well so we can just hook it to the tv as well.

Outside of that, not much else. At the moment I know there's me and her, so unless she has gotten a few hits, we should be able to take at least 2-3 more people at minimum...

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #464
sephirothlives
Asuma Sensei

Thanks I will keep this in mind, but if possible I want to be at the Hyatt
Unread 03-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #465
z0rd0n

Ok, I am going to try to go to ACEN, and 2 of my friends from florida might fly up... if that's the case though, then I just wanted to know if anyone had a strip of floor to spare for 1-3 people, and of course we'll gladly pay... but it's not a definate yet, just wanted to see if there was space, thanks.
z0rd0n is offline   Reply With Quote