Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nekocon

Unread 10-05-2004, 12:04 AM   #1
Tohma
~Seguchi Tohma

Thursday of Nekocon..anyone going to be there?

A group of friends and I will be going down Thursday afternoon in case they have pre-registration like they did last year. We're already registered, but picking up badges a day earlier is always easier then standing in line the first day of a con.

Anyone else going to be heading to Nekocon on Thursday? I'm not sure what hotel we are in yet, but it is one relatively close to the convention center. I think it might be the Holiday Inn, but I'm not positive. We always try to stay in Holidays Inns and that is why I'm guessing that is it. What hotels are everyone else in?

I'm the anime writer for the Charlotte Examimer. Check out my articles!
http://www.examiner.com/x-15939-Char...Anime-Examiner
Tohma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2004, 03:11 AM   #2
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

I'll be arriving on Thursday, around 5:30pm, so after I check into my room at the RedRoofInn across the street, I'll be heading over to the Holiday Inn (around 7pm)to see who's there, get my pre-reg. sometime that afternoon/evening, and I will have my camera with me, so I'll be taking photos of anyone who plans to cosplay that afternoon/evening. So that leaves a few hours to do photoshoots before the con kicks off Friday morning..
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 07:31 AM   #3
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

Me and my friend Deimos will be there on thursday, and we'll most likely be cosplaying as well, lol. I just have to hurry up and pre-reg still, but i will most likely be doing that with my next pay check and finishing up all my costume stuff.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 10:49 AM   #4
Bethii-chan
Ninja-ness.

My boyfriend and I will be there Thursday, probably around 5-ish. We're probably gonna pick up our badges then prolly eat dinner or something.
Bethii-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 11:01 AM   #5
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

My friends and I are going to get there on Thursday too. I don't know what time though. We have to drive down from NY, so I guess it depends on how early we leave. >_<;;
Etsy Shop
shiroi_yukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 11:04 AM   #6
AlphaNinn
I am me?

Unfortunatly, nope, I won't be able to. I have classes until almost 8pm thursday night that I simply can not miss. Heck, I shouldn't even be skipping the one I have on friday, but leaving after a 2pm class for a 7 hour drive just wouldn't work. So I'm leaving at around 5am friday morning to meet up with my friend who lives 2 hours from me, then he's going to drive the other 5 hours.
I'd like to be able to go on thursday, though.
AlphaNinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 11:55 AM   #7
bigwil
Photo Pirate Yarr!

Will probably be there on thrus .early mornin to evenin then.maybe...late nite because of work...nekocon here we come!
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 01:39 PM   #8
zekitty
Come along to rainbowland

My boyfriend and my karaoke group'll be picking up out badges on Thursday... Psst! I'm new to Nekocon... We pick up our badges at Holiday Inn? O.o?
zekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 02:31 PM   #9
Ruu-chan nyu
Resistance is futile.

Me and my friends are going to be there that Thursday as well but I not shure when.
Ruu-chan nyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2004, 08:22 PM   #10
Reiko
Agent S

I'll be there thursday along with the other Agents. ^_^ as always!
Unread 10-06-2004, 08:09 AM   #11
GreatSG
Riding the Storm Out

I'm hoping to arrive mid-afternoon Thursday and be waiting at the pre-reg line to hand out custom badges i've been making for CCR and Gaia members (See Link in My Sig)
Only problem I have is that I have a class on thursday at 1:30 in the afternoon and i've already missed about three days in class...
So i'm hoping I can skip that day and make up my time, because i'd rather leave after my early morning classes and head up there, it's about 6 hours to Nekocon for me.
GreatSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 12:27 PM   #12
Reiko
Agent S

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekitty
My boyfriend and my karaoke group'll be picking up out badges on Thursday... Psst! I'm new to Nekocon... We pick up our badges at Holiday Inn? O.o?

O_O I think they might have it at the con center.. I think.. Im not to sure this is the first year that they are having it a a con center... I believe.. well if you see a line at the con center then thats pre reg lol
Unread 10-06-2004, 03:05 PM   #13
Stueypark
You can't see me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiko
I'll be there thursday along with the other Agents. ^_^ as always!

pffft, not if I'm diving, someone dosen't realize I've ended up in the wrong state with nearly half the conventions I've gone to!
Stueypark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 10:38 PM   #14
Wakusei
Kaizoku no Oujisama

I'll be there. It sure beats getting up in the morning on friday and driving. I hate morning driving.
Wakusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 09:20 AM   #15
TornTsukasa

^_^

I live 5-10 mins from the con(based largely on traffic) so if I'm not working I may come up and see whats going on up there. The strange thing is, the Conference Center is where my prom was, Prom and Anime, a wonderfully articulated combination.

For anyone coming from out of area and needs food recommendations/shopping areas let me know my AIM is Vivi1886(I have a sidekick so I'm always on so if I don't respond right off I may be at work and forgot my away message)
TornTsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote