Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Yaoi-Con

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 10-05-2004, 09:05 PM   #1
HowiePoof
Gender Confusion = Fun!
 
HowiePoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 49
Sports Manga/Anime Cosplayers

Prince of Tennis cosplayers are a given at Y-Con, but I want to know if anybody is going to be cosplaying characters from any other sports manga/anime? Me and my friend are going to be cosplaying Mr. Fullswing and possibly Eyeshield 21.
HowiePoof is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-06-2004, 02:42 PM   #2
jetspectacular
Barrel Roll to Evade
 
jetspectacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 745
OMFG, I NEED TO COSPLAY MR. FULLSWING!!!
DIBS ON TOMARU!!! (have a wig, and gameboy ready, ehehehe...)

and *someone* has to cosplay Inukai... i will provide wig/uniform, seriously...! Howiepoof, who were you thinking of Cos'ing for Mr.Fullswing?

and along the lines of Shounen manga that *needs* to be rep'ped at ycon, AirGear would be cool.. Tomaru is already pretty close to Agito/Akito, i may throw that on my list because itss just too incredibly easy...
__________________
Cosplay: Full Listing @ACP
CosPhotos: @ACS || @Flikr || @DA
jetspectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 04:31 PM   #3
Sixshot
Registered User
 
Sixshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 110
On a rare occassion there is Hikaru no Go but that's not really a sport. Other than that I've never seen any outside of POT.
Sixshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
HowiePoof
Gender Confusion = Fun!
 
HowiePoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspectacular
OMFG, I NEED TO COSPLAY MR. FULLSWING!!!
DIBS ON TOMARU!!! (have a wig, and gameboy ready, ehehehe...)

and *someone* has to cosplay Inukai... i will provide wig/uniform, seriously...! Howiepoof, who were you thinking of Cos'ing for Mr.Fullswing?
I'm going to cosplay Saruno. I'm going to have two bats like he does on the cover of volume 2. I can't remember who my friend was going to cosplay, but I don't think it was Inukai. I need an Inukai to bully around and call a ganguro ^_^
HowiePoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 08:46 PM   #5
jetspectacular
Barrel Roll to Evade
 
jetspectacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 745
hey yah XD ok then if there's 2 other people, i'm definately in on this one. i suppose of you and your bud are going to do the Juunishi uniforms I should also :3 wootwoot, It's Tomaru time XD

..i'mma going to have to use Tshirt cotton though...

do you have any reference pics to share? all I have of MrFs is what Ignition One has up...

oh, and the offer still stands on the Inukai thing, not too many of my guy friends are keen about coming to Ycon with me, let alone letting me dress them up >__> you have any friends who may fit?

Quote:
On a rare occassion there is Hikaru no Go but that's not really a sport.
awww Hikago cosplay at Ycon is rare?? well now.. tha'ts kinda sad, given how much doujin there is out there..even still being produced... I have a HnG outfit but i'm kinda past that phase too. it took a lot out of me x.x
__________________
Cosplay: Full Listing @ACP
CosPhotos: @ACS || @Flikr || @DA

Last edited by jetspectacular : 10-06-2004 at 08:50 PM.
jetspectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 12:43 AM   #6
Chas
It's Not Anime
 
Chas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 437
I was actually planning on trying a casual Sakuraba-kun for Yaoi-con. I think I'd definitely feel more compelled to if I knew there would be more ES21 cosplayers besides just myself there. ^_^;;
__________________
ALA. AOD. CBF. SakuraCon. Fanime. AX. SDCC. Yaoi Con.


TeniMyUSA! The Prince of Tennis Musical Cosplay Group
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 01:38 AM   #7
HowiePoof
Gender Confusion = Fun!
 
HowiePoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas.Tsukishiro
I was actually planning on trying a casual Sakuraba-kun for Yaoi-con. I think I'd definitely feel more compelled to if I knew there would be more ES21 cosplayers besides just myself there. ^_^;;
If me and my friend cosplay Sena and Hiruma we'll be doing school uniform versions. I'll be wearing Sena's ghetto manager shirt though. If you do Sakuraba you NEED the burger hat! Burger hat is love!
HowiePoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 01:57 AM   #8
Chas
It's Not Anime
 
Chas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 437
Ohh, man. BURGER HAT YES. I'll DEFINITELY see what I can do. XD (It'd be so cool to see Sena and Hiruma cosplayers...! They're my favorites!)
__________________
ALA. AOD. CBF. SakuraCon. Fanime. AX. SDCC. Yaoi Con.


TeniMyUSA! The Prince of Tennis Musical Cosplay Group
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2004, 07:33 PM   #9
HowiePoof
Gender Confusion = Fun!
 
HowiePoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspectacular
hey yah XD ok then if there's 2 other people, i'm definately in on this one. i suppose of you and your bud are going to do the Juunishi uniforms I should also :3 wootwoot, It's Tomaru time XD

..i'mma going to have to use Tshirt cotton though...

do you have any reference pics to share? all I have of MrFs is what Ignition One has up...

oh, and the offer still stands on the Inukai thing, not too many of my guy friends are keen about coming to Ycon with me, let alone letting me dress them up >__> you have any friends who may fit?
My friend is making us the jerseys. I believe she's going to buy plain white jerseys and add the trim and lettering herself. I'm sure I have some nice reference pics somewhere, I'll have to dig through a stack of Jumps and scan them but I'll be willing to share ^_^ And I don't know if I can find somebody to take you up on your Inukai offer but I'll keep an eye out ^_^
HowiePoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 12:28 AM   #10
jetspectacular
Barrel Roll to Evade
 
jetspectacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 745
I hate myself for taking it back, but I have no real time to make a Juunishi uniform... or even Tomaru's hat/wristbands, now that I think about it.. I'm going as Shiba, ala something like the pic attatched... Or I may be able to make a realyl fast uniform, but wear it with jeans..

and woah, zomg I wanna see eyeshield cosplay XD
__________________
Cosplay: Full Listing @ACP
CosPhotos: @ACS || @Flikr || @DA

Last edited by jetspectacular : 09-11-2006 at 04:29 PM.
jetspectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 05:26 PM   #11
HowiePoof
Gender Confusion = Fun!
 
HowiePoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspectacular
I hate myself for taking it back, but I have no real time to make a Juunishi uniform... or even Tomaru's hat/wristbands, now that I think about it.. I'm going as Shiba, ala something like the pic attatched... Or I may be able to make a realyl fast uniform, but wear it with jeans..

and woah, zomg I wanna see eyeshield cosplay XD
Awww! I think you'd make a good Tomaru though. Oh well, Shiba is a really cool character too ^_^ You should do Tomaru sometime in the future ^_^
HowiePoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 06:14 PM   #12
lemoned
Perveyor of Happy Jellies
 
lemoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 285
Let the pants wetting begin. >:D

For I... shall be Inukai. XD Hahaha This is really fun.. cause I just IMed Howie today spazzing about how I want to be Inukai. XDDD
__________________
lemoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 10:37 PM   #13
jetspectacular
Barrel Roll to Evade
 
jetspectacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 745
@#$%ing *AWESOME*
ah, you made me happy, after such a long day at work too :3
you've *so* got the attitude.
Are you doing the Juunishi uniform too??

<--has tshirt cotton bedsheet ready to be ripped up.. x.X
__________________
Cosplay: Full Listing @ACP
CosPhotos: @ACS || @Flikr || @DA
jetspectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 10:50 PM   #14
lemoned
Perveyor of Happy Jellies
 
lemoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 285
XD hahahaha Yeah, I'm doing the Juunishi uniform.. I bought my pants today >

But like... I'm getting my lip pierced (2 places) on friday.. so like.. he gets to be a little on the punk side. :X And I have to wear platforms too.. Cause Inukai = tall and I = not. :X

I hope no one minds ^^;;
__________________
lemoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 12:16 AM   #15
HowiePoof
Gender Confusion = Fun!
 
HowiePoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoned
XD hahahaha Yeah, I'm doing the Juunishi uniform.. I bought my pants today >

But like... I'm getting my lip pierced (2 places) on friday.. so like.. he gets to be a little on the punk side. :X And I have to wear platforms too.. Cause Inukai = tall and I = not. :X

I hope no one minds ^^;;
I know I don't mind. Tough punked out ganguro Inukai sounds like fun ^_^ Like I told you earlier today we need to take pictures of us playing baseball in the parking lot or something ^_^

I just realized. I'll be pierced too. Matching Junishi members ^_^
HowiePoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.