Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Unread 12-18-2002, 05:08 PM   #1
LadyUranus
President of Team Awesome

Kohaku Cosplay (Wish by CLAMP)

I want to cosplay as Kohaku from Wish.
I searched tirelessly through the net and the 3 volumes I own, and decided this one was the outfit I liked most... though perhaps more difficult then I can do. My parental unit *^_^* can sew, and will help me, but I'd prefer to do most of it myself. My sewing skills are mediocre at best.
The three things I'm worried about:
1. The gold emboridery. Should I use paint? Can I get some lace for parts of it?
2. The wig. Urgh, strange hairdo girl. I guess I'll have to cut one 'til it looks good. any suggestions?
3. earrings.... my ears aren't pierced, and those would be hard to find anyway. should I just skip them?

Thank you for any and all suggestions!
LadyUranus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kohaku cosplaypic.jpg (60.7 KB, 35 views)
LadyUranus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2002, 06:43 PM   #2
KuroBara
dog of the military

Firstly, I'm going to glomp you for cosplaying Kohaku.

*glomp*

Secondly, I would use gold fabric paint. You can buy lace and paint it gold, then sew it on. That's probably the best way to get it. The wig, yeah, just cut one. Kohaku has an odd hairdo. As for the earrings, they look simple enough. You can probably at least find gold clip-on studs to complete the look.
Unread 12-24-2002, 01:07 PM   #3
LadyUranus
President of Team Awesome

One more question: What fabric should I use? If I want to paint on it... And the fabric shouldn't be too expensive.

Help?

LadyUranus
LadyUranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2002, 02:26 PM   #4
Schu
Noisy Alien

Hiya. ^___^ I'd love to cosplay Kohaku, but it's just not me... so...here's my ideas...

Unless you are very, very neat about it, painting on fabric tends to look crummy... But one thing to point out is that you probably don't need to follow the exact pattern of the designs, as long as it looks relativley similar and nicely done... I'd recommend finding a nice stencil at a craft or fabric store for the shoulder design.

You can find very nice lace if you look around (I noticed Hobby Lobby had very nice lace for very cheap while I was there yesterday). Make sure to look at bridal lace as well, as it tends to be similar to anime lace.

As for the fabric, I'm not too knowledgeable about that, as I tend to use some nice slightly shiny, very stretchy heavy cotton that my Hancock's stocks for just about everything I make. But that wouldn't do at all for Kohaku, so I'd recommend making it from either a very nice silky fabric or rayon?? as long as you sew it very neatly, as it is another fabric that doesn't tend to be very forgiving.

Thought on the wig... get a shoulder length wavy wig and style it into two ponytails on either side right above where your ear would be, then cut one off about two or three inches from your head to make the hairstyle... I can help if you don't understand that. ^__^
Unread 12-25-2002, 06:15 PM   #5
Himemiya
AAAHHH INTERFACING

Clip-on earrings kinda hurt after a while x.x I would skip them, or find a somehow comfy pair
Himemiya is offline   Reply With Quote