Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM   #151
ImNewHere
The new guy.

Heh, if only I could get a girl to approve of me doing it.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #152
Dragonsfire867
Avid Cheese Doodle Fan

I personally find it great that so many guys are starting to get into crossplaying- it really shows that they're comfortable enough with themselves and adventurous enough to do it. Sure, the guys who actually can be mistaken for girls in their crossplays I find the best, but overall it's pretty cool.
Unread 04-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #153
Lithium Flower
Handphones

It isn't a turn on for me, no.

Does it BOTHER me? Of course not.

But it certainly doesn't turn me on.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #154
origamikitsune
Beware the Paper Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspitfire View Post
i like people who are androgynous, so the guys who can pull it off really well are somewhat attractive to me... but guys who are obviously not women kind of creep me out. yes i know a lot can be done with makeup, but even then you still can tell
This~

I adore androgynous people, and I have absolutely no issue with crossplaying guys. Heck, I'm trying to get my brother to crossplay since he already swipes my dresses for random things.

The only thing I urge people to do is keep your body type in mind (this is for everyone really, not just crossplayers). Please don't wear really skimpy clothes if you're going to "fall out" everywhere (and this isn't just for the bigger members of the cosplaying community...I saw a costume malfunction for an average sized Tifa recently where her butt was completely hanging out and she KNEW).
origamikitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #155
KitKatCaughtcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
It isn't a turn on for me, no.

Does it BOTHER me? Of course not.

But it certainly doesn't turn me on.
^This exactly.

Otakon 2011
Olivia(Red Sky)
Chii (Tsubasa Chrinicals/Chobits)
Misa (Death Note)
KitKatCaughtcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #156
YukiIzumi

i do like it!! it's awesome to see a boy crossplaying~><
i know some guys who crossplay and they are even more pretty than the girls (OMG...)
YukiIzumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #157
DefectiveNaruto
defective ninja

I am thinking about it...still not sure

Alright after last night's dream and I my curiosity of it, I am thinking about crossplaying for fanime as Tenshi from angel beats. I am still unsure of doing it because I never done anything like this before and if my friends found out I was, they will never let it down. I been curious to see how it feels to wear a skirt, and be a girl. I am not gay at all, this is just out of curiosity. I am straight for women all the way! lol. but with that aside I am kinda wanting to and curious to try it out. My friend plans to help me out but I think the thing I want to ask here since I skimmed a bit in this thread about guys crossplaying is the body type. I am not the most fittest guy in the world nor am I the most fat. You can see from my cosplays in my profile what I generally look like.

What I am trying to say, even with make up and shave everywhere...you think I can pull off being a girl, or even Tenshi for that matter?
Krad (DN Angel)
Ichigo Kurosaki soul reaper and bankai (bleach)
The Engineer from Team Fortress 2 (team red)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
costumes in progress
Lelouch's zero outfit (code geass)-95%
Bill (left 4 dead)-25%
check out our website and podcasts! http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/index.html
DefectiveNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #158
Ragtime Mouth
Can + Bakery + ??= Profit

Doesn't matter to me. If it's done sloppy you can tell and it's not nice, just like any other cosplayer/crossplayer girl/boy.
Ragtime Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #159
sephygoth
Hater lover

I like how this thread was unearthed after like 7 yrs. But then again, I never replied to it...or at least the little icon doesn't say I did yet.

I've found more and more through this thread:if a guy was bad at it, it doesn't matter, if they're somewhat GOOD, it whips up all kinds of emotions. Its a world based of looks right? ^^

where's the thread about whether or not GUYS care about female crossplays, there's more and when internet serching is performed, it's by a lot of skummy dudes. Hell , most photogs in the biz are guys XD who's the ones LOOKIN?. I won't start the thread, but compare and contrast ideas...
sephygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #160
Usagi Of Zero

oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by Usagi Of Zero : 08-03-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Unread 04-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #161
tehkukikookie
Uses galaxies as shuriken

I feel the same way about either gender crossplaying. As long as there's effort somewhere in there and it looks like you at least tried to make it work, it's all good.

Otakon 2012
Red Dress/SMS Klang Klang, Kida, Micro Klan Klang, Aisha Clan Clan, Ms.Fortune

Toki Wartooth
tehkukikookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #162
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

I'm planning to cross-play for the first time this year at AX as two different versions of Yui from K-ON; I have a couple people I can turn to for makeup tips in order to at least hide some of the imperfections on my face (stubble and all that)...but I'm curious as to what tips anyone might have as far as shaving my arms and legs is concerned? Both costumes involve wearing black tights which might mostly cover up my hairy legs and both are also long sleeved, so my hairy arms are mostly covered up. But the more I thought about it, I realized if I'm going to go all the way and actually cross-play instead of talking about like I did the past two years (and I already have both costumes being made), I might as well do it right. So, I need tips...and perhaps suggestions on when to do it; don't want to do it to far out from con, but also don't want to wasted valuable con time in the bathroom shaving as well. Oh and most of my friends know and have encouraged me to cross-play; heck even a few of my co-workers know and they think it's cool (and want to see pics)
Sakura Con
Wonder Con
Anime Expo
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #163
PolyVinylAres
Friendship is Plastic

If you want good-looking legs, you will be spending that valuable con time. There's no substitute for shaving just before you plan to dress up. I use a beard trimmer to remove the hair fairly close to the skin, then a Gillette MACH3 Turbo for a nice close shave, and I have been getting great results. (I usually manage to nick myself at least once or twice, but that's the price of beauty.)

After the con, you'll want to wash your legs with an exfoliating soap for at least the next several days, to help the hair itch less as it grows back. It usually takes me 30-60 minutes to get a good shave on my legs.

Hope that helps!

*-*-* Beards and skirts, we're making it work! *-*-*
PolyVinylAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 03:13 AM   #164
DefectiveNaruto
defective ninja

Well here's an update to you guys. After much debating and carefully thinking about it I have decided to crossplay at fanime as a girl! Yes, so I be crossplaying for the first time as Tenshi from Angel Beats. My friend this past week tested what I look like with make up on during our anime club and after looking in the mirror and with a wig on, yea I can pass for a girl. Though not sure what that really says about me haha. But yea I am going forth with the crossplay plans and such. Though I probably going to learn how to act like a girl if I really want to pull it off. Anyways I keep you guys updated on my status and you might see me there at fanime if your going!
Krad (DN Angel)
Ichigo Kurosaki soul reaper and bankai (bleach)
The Engineer from Team Fortress 2 (team red)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
costumes in progress
Lelouch's zero outfit (code geass)-95%
Bill (left 4 dead)-25%
check out our website and podcasts! http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/index.html
DefectiveNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 12:47 AM   #165
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Well, I try to crossplay pretty much every year. I started off really bad, but I just got back from Anime Boston, and I can tell I am greatly improving. If I had a professional makeover or something, I am curious just how well I could look. I was wearing a mask for my lower part of my face on one of my outfits, and the friend I was with got interviewed. Upon the interviewer leaving, she said "Bye ladies" to us. Sort of made me giddy inside. Later on, we got a picture taken by someone.... and I really don't remember the details, but the guy sort of gave off a creeper tone. Started getting me to wonder what the hell. ._. ...

The next day, I crossplayed Cardcaptor Sakura. Again, if I had makeup done by a professional, it would be great, but I was asked if I was a guy a few times.... and my IRL friend... another one, I walked up to, he was like "I don't know how you can pull it off, but it amazes me".... kinda the opposite of what I expected, since he is a HUGE CCS fan, I thought he was going to deck me. :P...

I think at this point, I definitely want to learn how to do makeup. Reaaaaaaaaaally want to.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote