Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #181
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.
 
Sayoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveNaruto View Post
yea...is it odd that I am trying my hardest to pull off a girl cosplay even though I am a guy? lol
Not at all. I am too. Hell, I just ordered some concealer and other makeup online, and am trying to go the whole mile seeing if I can get down the whole voice thing. If you aren't going to do the "Man-____" version of something, why not try to be the man-girl-whatever.
__________________
Animeboston Congoer.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #182
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave
 
toshirua3846384's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveNaruto View Post
yea...is it odd that I am trying my hardest to pull off a girl cosplay even though I am a guy? lol
Not really, i mean whats the problem with cosplaying a character that you like. I still do regardless of race, gender, and species thing<--i will cosplay as a alien i swear at that lol
__________________
Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me
Postman: All right Mr. Burns what's your first name
Homer: I don't know....

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #183
Enko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
Not at all. I am too. Hell, I just ordered some concealer and other makeup online, and am trying to go the whole mile seeing if I can get down the whole voice thing. If you aren't going to do the "Man-____" version of something, why not try to be the man-girl-whatever.
there's some guides on youtube you can try.

extending your vocal range by taking voice lessons would probably help too.
Enko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #184
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.
 
Sayoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enko View Post
there's some guides on youtube you can try.

extending your vocal range by taking voice lessons would probably help too.
Planned on it. Don't quite get how to raise one's Adam's apple.... or lower it.....but hey, I am going to try, haha.
__________________
Animeboston Congoer.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #185
DefectiveNaruto
defective ninja
 
DefectiveNaruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
Not really, i mean whats the problem with cosplaying a character that you like. I still do regardless of race, gender, and species thing<--i will cosplay as a alien i swear at that lol
Aliens *drools over asari from mass effect 2* huh what?
__________________
costumes done-
Naruto Uzumaki (Shippuden)
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Krad (DN Angel)
Ichigo Kurosaki soul reaper and bankai (bleach)
The Engineer from Team Fortress 2 (team red)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
costumes in progress
Lelouch's zero outfit (code geass)-95%
Bill (left 4 dead)-25%
check out our website and podcasts! http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/index.html
DefectiveNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 02:25 AM   #186
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave
 
toshirua3846384's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveNaruto View Post
Aliens *drools over asari from mass effect 2* huh what?
Uhhh i still haven't played that game yet ( O x O)/
__________________
Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me
Postman: All right Mr. Burns what's your first name
Homer: I don't know....

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #187
Archaic_Fear
Jsus in training
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 46
I have put my boyfriend in a dress more times than I have seen him in shorts. This January past I put him in a cheerleader outfit as the TRAP. He was successful and I was and still am amused.

I think it is pretty awesome to have the guts to do so.
Archaic_Fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #188
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.
 
Sayoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic_Fear View Post
I have put my boyfriend in a dress more times than I have seen him in shorts. This January past I put him in a cheerleader outfit as the TRAP. He was successful and I was and still am amused.

I think it is pretty awesome to have the guts to do so.
Lucky fella.
__________________
Animeboston Congoer.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 05:26 AM   #189
DefectiveNaruto
defective ninja
 
DefectiveNaruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 544
Well it finally happen this past fanime. I cross dressed as a girl...yea i fooled some guys in the process too lol. my friend did a photoshoot of me to take advantage of my girl state but it was interesting. I do have some new respect for you girls, Walking in high heals is not easy, sitting down and getting up with a skirt is a challenge all on its own, and my friends were making fun of me but in the silly matter lol. anyways here are the results of my crossplay, enjoy!

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...loss-212548525

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...g-at-212548749

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...lady-212549059

more pics soon to follow
__________________
costumes done-
Naruto Uzumaki (Shippuden)
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Krad (DN Angel)
Ichigo Kurosaki soul reaper and bankai (bleach)
The Engineer from Team Fortress 2 (team red)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
costumes in progress
Lelouch's zero outfit (code geass)-95%
Bill (left 4 dead)-25%
check out our website and podcasts! http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/index.html
DefectiveNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #190
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...
 
BisectedBrioche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveNaruto View Post
Well it finally happen this past fanime. I cross dressed as a girl...yea i fooled some guys in the process too lol. my friend did a photoshoot of me to take advantage of my girl state but it was interesting. I do have some new respect for you girls, Walking in high heals is not easy, sitting down and getting up with a skirt is a challenge all on its own, and my friends were making fun of me but in the silly matter lol. anyways here are the results of my crossplay, enjoy!

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...loss-212548525

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...g-at-212548749

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...lady-212549059

more pics soon to follow
You look pretty convincing.
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #191
PolyVinylAres
Friendship is Plastic
 
PolyVinylAres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveNaruto View Post
anyways here are the results of my crossplay, enjoy!
You look great! I hope you had a lot of fun with it!

Now, see, the next step is to crossplay completely of your own free will
__________________
Cosplay:
If it's no fun, you're doing it wrong.
If other folks are making it no fun, they're doing it wrong.

*-*-* Beards and skirts, we're making it work! *-*-*
PolyVinylAres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #192
~xXheartlessXx~
Dude, I'm a proud nerd.
 
~xXheartlessXx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakumo-kun View Post
I wish Man-faye would go away, though... that's a crossplay never meant to be viewed by human eyes. IT WILL BURN YOUR SOUL. O.O
AGREED.
__________________
Halloweentown Xion- 2012
Chocobo(?)- 2012
Yuffie(?) (KH)- 2012
Xion(?)- 2013
Viera Assassin or Sniper- 2013
Namine- 2013
Moomba(?)- 2013
~xXheartlessXx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #193
shonen_jidai
Ganbatte minasai!
 
shonen_jidai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 597
@DefectiveNaruto: Nice work! You sure you haven't done this before?! ^_^
__________________
Planned Cosplays: Misato Katsuragi, Kyoko Sakura, Nyota Uhura, Anarchy Panty
Upcoming Cons: UChicon, C2E2, Anime Central, Dragon*Con
Stuff: pics ~ blog ~ tumblr ~ twitter ~ youtube ~ crossplay guide ~
parent's guide
shonen_jidai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 02:23 AM   #194
DefectiveNaruto
defective ninja
 
DefectiveNaruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonen_jidai View Post
@DefectiveNaruto: Nice work! You sure you haven't done this before?! ^_^
lol nope. first time. I had my friends do the make up for me, they were hell bent on making me the most convincing trap they can do. After experiencing this I might do it again since now my cosplay options have widen up more now with this. who knows, though next year I will go all manly with two new cosplays i be working on.
__________________
costumes done-
Naruto Uzumaki (Shippuden)
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Krad (DN Angel)
Ichigo Kurosaki soul reaper and bankai (bleach)
The Engineer from Team Fortress 2 (team red)
Miroku (Inuyasha)
costumes in progress
Lelouch's zero outfit (code geass)-95%
Bill (left 4 dead)-25%
check out our website and podcasts! http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/index.html
DefectiveNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #195
SilverHelix
That one person
 
SilverHelix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefectiveNaruto View Post
Well it finally happen this past fanime. I cross dressed as a girl...yea i fooled some guys in the process too lol. my friend did a photoshoot of me to take advantage of my girl state but it was interesting. I do have some new respect for you girls, Walking in high heals is not easy, sitting down and getting up with a skirt is a challenge all on its own, and my friends were making fun of me but in the silly matter lol. anyways here are the results of my crossplay, enjoy!

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...loss-212548525

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...g-at-212548749

http://clawmaster.deviantart.com/art...lady-212549059

more pics soon to follow
Great work!
I think girls like it when your trying your best and vice versa. Its pretty acceptable from both sides from what I seen and experiences I had So imo, yup girls like it ^^
SilverHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.