Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-12-2004, 09:48 AM   #16
KittenJay
The last Ninja Kitten
 
KittenJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatfood
what do kind of crossplay costumes do girls like to see guys in the most?
I know for a fact that there are a few of my fangirls who are anxiously awaiting my Rikku costume...
KittenJay is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-12-2004, 11:57 AM   #17
Protodoll
rocketpunched!
 
Protodoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 217
Um... I think your problem here is generalisation. "Girls" can't really like anything, y'know? Some girls do, some don't. What matters is who you're trying to impress. Personally, I admire guys with the guts to crossplay. However, a friend of mine was slightly repulsed when her boyfriend donned a skirt, so there you have it.
Protodoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 01:37 PM   #18
wulfmune
hyper repair!
 
wulfmune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 397
i have alot of respect for a guy who will crossplay. with that said, honestly whether or not i will find it attractive depends on the guy and the costume ^^;;. and i also find men's dressy clothes sharp looking and attractive on men and women.
wulfmune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 02:51 PM   #19
Protodoll
rocketpunched!
 
Protodoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfmune
honestly whether or not i will find it attractive depends on the guy and the costume ^^;;
So true. ManFaye will NEVER be attractive, even though he's crossplaying. XDD;; In fact, any guy in a Faye costume would be unattractive. However, a hot guy in a really elegant gown would be very attractive.
Protodoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 05:55 PM   #20
KittenJay
The last Ninja Kitten
 
KittenJay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protodoll
So true. ManFaye will NEVER be attractive, even though he's crossplaying. XDD;; In fact, any guy in a Faye costume would be unattractive.
Somehow... I am taking this as a personal challenge upon myself to prove that a guy can crossplay as Faye...

My over-enthusiasm is screaming, "DO IT!!! C'MON!! WUSS!!"
My mind is saying, "Do that, and I will make you arrest yourself..."
My friends are just looking the other way...
KittenJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 06:19 PM   #21
dead pixle
insert quirky title here
 
dead pixle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 331
Cossplay guys are awsome!
(Bowie = win)
...besides who wouldn't want a guy sporting some shaved legs a mini skirt and stockings?

((although it does depend on who is crossplaying >.>;)
__________________
www.simod.com
dead pixle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 06:22 PM   #22
Protodoll
rocketpunched!
 
Protodoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenJay
Somehow... I am taking this as a personal challenge upon myself to prove that a guy can crossplay as Faye...

My over-enthusiasm is screaming, "DO IT!!! C'MON!! WUSS!!"
My mind is saying, "Do that, and I will make you arrest yourself..."
My friends are just looking the other way...
Ahahaha.. no. Don't even try. I can give you a 95% guarantee that you will NOT be hot.
Funny, yes. Hot, no. XD

Unless you're really SUPER hot already, in which case maybe you can pull it off.
Protodoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 11:01 PM   #23
Marona
Ichiban Chroma
 
Marona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protodoll
Ahahaha.. no. Don't even try. I can give you a 95% guarantee that you will NOT be hot.
Funny, yes. Hot, no. XD

Unless you're really SUPER hot already, in which case maybe you can pull it off.
That's not true! There -can- be hot crossplayers, even hot Faye crossplayers ^^

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...ostumeid=19086

Take this person I found for example.. *hot*
Marona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 11:20 PM   #24
dani
Boots were made 4 walking
 
dani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,326
Everything is possible, if done tastefully.
__________________
Visit Dani's Cosplaysupplies.com From CANADA to the WORLD
dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 01:38 AM   #25
CardCaptor Will
Pink is my favorite color
 
CardCaptor Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 70
lemme tell you, no one has ever questioned ManFaye's cosplay spirit. We question the fact that his ass is hanging out his costume.
CardCaptor Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 08:20 AM   #26
wulfmune
hyper repair!
 
wulfmune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 397
on another note, do guys like it when girls crossplay? because someone i was talking to online said there is a fetish for it, and that was news to me >_>;; *partially crossplays to avoid attention*
wulfmune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 10:22 AM   #27
Kuri-chan
Caveat Emptor
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 128
Long and short? Your mileage may vary.

My wife thinks *I’m* hot when I crossplay, or so she says. But then, that’s her cup of tea; she’s always appreciated more effeminate men.

Another friend of mine, who’s taste and style I admire but admit differ wildly from my own, doesn’t find it the least bit interesting. She is far more interested in the archetypical “hunk” or football jock. She has no issues with crossplay, just doesn’t happen to find it terribly attractive. That’s not her cup of tea.

Protodoll said it best: Some girls do, some don't.

Simple as that.

Wulfmune – Same thing applies to any human being; some do, some don’t. There is an astounding number of various aspects of people that the human mind can find fascinating. That cosplay tends to cater to the most common denominators is no surprise, but you’ll find someone who likes something, common or otherwise, in any group of people; anime fans are no exception.

I don’t really thing biology is a great criteria to judge anything about anyone; least of all taste. ^_-

-Kuri
Kuri-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 04:04 PM   #28
Ravistell
twisty
 
Ravistell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 20
CardCaptor Will, you're hot
-squeee!-
Ravistell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 04:11 PM   #29
Senko-chan
...
 
Senko-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,225
Crossplayer guys= good ~_^
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 05:00 PM   #30
Kairi G
*shiny*
 
Kairi G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,365
hehe i <3 you Cardcaptor Will! I totally loved what you said in the Otakon Masq. You Rock!
Personally im totally impressed when guys do a good crossplay... anyone seen Kabuki's work... i mean damn... hes prettier than a lot of girls even! I have a lot of respect for crossplayers because it is pushing the limit... I dont think its as big a deal when girls do it... simply cuz more girls do like to cosplay male characters, and generally a girl dressed as Shuichii is gonna be more accepted than a guy dressed as a Sailor Scout, girls are just culturally more able to get away with wearing guys clothes. Totally unfair... but true...

my friend matt is a Zelda cosplayer, and my friend beth does Link. They are totally adorable together and beth made such awesome costumes for them both that everyone just thinks its cool that they are crossplaying... especially that Matt is willing to wear the Zelda dress.

I <3 awesome crossplayers!
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.