Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Street Fighter

Unread 10-13-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
Rekkanotara

Chun Li Costume

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums and have been a long time video gamer and anime fan. I've created several anime based costumes in the past and have gotten strange looks to boot (I need more animeish friends who like to go to conventions and dress up :/ As you can tell, I have none who are interested in anime...)

Currently, I am working on a realistic looking Chun Li costume. By realistic, I mean no fluffy wristbands (nice ones --like goth kinds) and absolutely no floofy light blue fabric and poofs (I'm toning it down a bit).

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some wonderfully done Chun Li costumes, but you can tell that they're 'costumes' (Sorry I know that sounds lame).

I'm having trouble finding white boots for the costume though. Can anyone help with this?? A friend of mine suggested spray painting, but I've never had luck painting shoes in the past--Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter and as much as I love Claire Redfield's character, I'd rather not go out as her again (I actually made her red vest with the back angel pic, etc... I've been her two years running---RE2 and REVeronica versions).
Rekkanotara is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-13-2004, 01:14 AM   #2
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Try Hot Topic, Torrid or order from any ahem..adult clothing website?
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 02:52 AM   #3
razor_01

I used to own a pair when I did demo and spar in kung fu (back then, white was the cheapest - eh I sound old... I'm only 21 though). Most kung fu or martial arts places will have those: http://www.alfajar-martialarts.com/w...ts%20shoes.htm.

If you cannot find white ones and need to spray paint, apply a primer first, let it completely dry, then paint. When spraying, hold the can 12''-18'' away from the surface. Don't try to get everything by the first layer of paint; just get a uniform mist then let dry, then paint a second layer.
razor_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
Rekkanotara

Yay! Thanks, I think I was just stupid before and didn't do much with primers in the past.
Rekkanotara is offline   Reply With Quote