Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nekocon

Unread 10-21-2004, 03:32 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Cool Cosplay.com & EBK's Table-Gatherings

Hey everyone,

With about 2 weeks to go until Nekocon, I thought I might post this as a notice that I'll be hosting the traditional c.com table-gathering sometime on Friday and/or Saturday night during Nekocon. Last year I tried to do it and it worked for a little bit, but I had to shut it down because a line for some late-night panel formed, so the line blocked the people who wanted to hang out there. So this year I'm going to find a nice spot that won't be in the way of any lines, and that more people will be able to stop by and take a look. (For those of you who went to Otakon this year, originally I was going to have it by the dance but Admin wanted to have it by the info-desk at the Baltimore Convention Center, so we had it there for a couple of hours.) Admin won't be attending this year, so I'll be hosting the table-gathering myself..

For those of you new to cosplay.com and unsure what this is, here's the usual information I give about the table-gathering: After a loooong and tiring day of taking cosplay photographs, while others go out to eat dinner, or stay up late for anime screenings, room parties, karaoke, or just hanging out with friends, I like to do the latter but add a little something to it. I like to find an empty table or 2 with chairs, and set-up a little area to let people stop by and check out what I'm advertising. As you know, the pictures I take go up on my gallery here on cosplay.com, so when I joined up with Admin back in 2002, I promised him that I'd promote the site and so at these table-gatherings I tell people where to find the pictures I take, and also show them some examples of what I've taken during the day. How do I do that? I have my portable-printer that I use to print out pics that I've taken during the daytime on Friday/Saturday, so that people can see what costumes I saw and took pics of earlier that day. (I also will have example pictures from other cons, so let's see if you can spot a picture of a cosplayer that's WAS NOT taken at Nekocon 2004.) The pictures I print from that day will NOT be for sale, but if I print out a picture of you and you stop by and see it, I can donate it to you as a "thank you" for posing! Here's a couple of examples of the c.com table-gathering:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=114410 (Thanks to Reiko and Tora for keeping me company at Katsucon 2004)
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=138643 (Thanks to RikkuX & Nicole for their support at Anime Central 2004)

I still take pictures tho DURING the table-gatherings, so if you plan to wear a costume during the evening, stop by the table, and I'll be happy to take pictures of your costume(s) if I didn't take them before earlier in the day. I usually keep an eye out for cosplayers I missed taking pictures of, but it's always appreciated when cosplayers come up to me and ask me to take their picture.

And.. one of the highlights of the c.com table-gathering is the music I play. I'll have my subwoofer & speaker-system with me, so I'll be blasting out some music while taking pics, printing pics, and chatting with people. What kind of music? hehe What else? I'll have lots of Super Eurobeat music, which includes (but not limited to) Initial D, ParaPara, Ayumi Hamazaki, EveryLittleThing, and AnimeParaPara. I'll also include some other music like freestyle, dancetechno (including Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts remixes), Eurobeat-InuYasha, and... since Christmas is around the corner, I'll be playing the infamous EUROBEAT CHRISTMAS music for you all to hear! ho-ho-ho.. So just listen for the music and you'll know where to find the table-gathering.

OK, now for the info about where/when/time: Since I've yet to set foot into the Chesapeake Holiday Inn & Convention Center, I'm unsure yet as to WHERE it'll be held, but most likely inside the convention center or hotel, where there's people who still walk around at night, so it'll be in an area that there'll be con-attendees wandering about. As for time, I'll probably set-up the table-gathering in the EVENING, so keep an eye out for it after 9 or 10pm, and it'll go until they close down the convention center for the night or if I get tired. (I DO need some sleep so I can continue taking pictures the next day, don't i?? hehe) For sure Friday night I'll have one, and Saturday night it'll depend if there's still a lot of cosplayers after the masquerade, what time it gets out, and how hungry/tired I'll be after that. So we'll see, but definitely Friday night I'll have it.

So please stop by when you have the chance to say hello, introduce yourself if you're a member here on cosplay.com, check to see if I got your picture, or to hang out if you wish. I appreciate your support and thank you (ahead of time) for posing for pictures and I'll see you all in a couple of weeks! ciao~ -EBK
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
Tohma
~Seguchi Tohma

I looked for you and the table at Otakon but I missed it U_U I looked around the dance and now I see that it was moved. Ah well..I tried ^^;;

I'll definetly find you this time though cause I love looking at the pictures you take of cosplayers when you put them up here. So I'll come and hang out and listen to good music ^^

I'm the anime writer for the Charlotte Examimer. Check out my articles!
http://www.examiner.com/x-15939-Char...Anime-Examiner
Tohma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
dizzylizzy
I sew things

you know the agents and i will stop by and chill. who knows... maybe there will be another cheeseball fight. ::winks::

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #4
Reiko
Agent S

omg no more cheeseball fights I get hit in the eye too much...

but yeah We'll be there. if not then You'll see us laying around somewhere
Unread 10-21-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
Stueypark
You can't see me!

pffft, not by anyone else, I was the only one with any aim!
Stueypark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #6
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Reiko: Hehe hopefully you'll come and find ME. Once I set up the table, I can't really go too far from it, other than to take pics of cosplayers who stop by or are withing shouting-distance. So hopefully you can stop by and chill for a little bit.
Unread 10-22-2004, 01:04 AM   #7
GreatSG
Riding the Storm Out

Hmm, this table gives me ideas for creating some Tom Servo mischief. Of course it'll be funnier when Eurobeat kicks me out from under his table. :P
GreatSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2004, 03:06 AM   #8
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Dizzy: I guess I missed the cheezeball fight that is a tradition with you Agents, but please keep the flying cheeseballs or poofs to yourselves.. Last thing I need are orange crumbs getting all over the freshly-printed pictures..

GreatSG: You're welcome to show up, but please don't bring your TS puppet to the table-gathering. The bottom of the table will be where the subwoofer is, and the wiring can get rather messy down there. Plus also my Eurobeat music will be booming pretty loudly , so I don't think they'll be able to hear your MST3000 antics..
Unread 10-22-2004, 10:37 AM   #9
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
Dizzy: I guess I missed the cheezeball fight that is a tradition with you Agents, but please keep the flying cheeseballs or poofs to yourselves.. Last thing I need are orange crumbs getting all over the freshly-printed pictures..

GreatSG: You're welcome to show up, but please don't bring your TS puppet to the table-gathering. The bottom of the table will be where the subwoofer is, and the wiring can get rather messy down there. Plus also my Eurobeat music will be booming pretty loudly , so I don't think they'll be able to hear your MST3000 antics..

i could have sworn you were there. we were chilling out in the lobby. it was really late at night and a total lack of sleep for at least 5 of us so maybe not. lol besides, we're smart enough not to be tossing orange things near pics. you know you can trust us. ::blows kisses::

i still can't remember most of friday. O.o it's like that whole "we got drunk and don't rememebr a thing".... BUT WE DIDN'T DRINK. i know at one point i lost a sock. note to self: never stay up for more than 30 hours straight.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2004, 07:59 PM   #10
Midknight
Agent X

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzylizzy
i could have sworn you were there. we were chilling out in the lobby. it was really late at night and a total lack of sleep for at least 5 of us so maybe not. lol besides, we're smart enough not to be tossing orange things near pics. you know you can trust us. ::blows kisses::

i still can't remember most of friday. O.o it's like that whole "we got drunk and don't rememebr a thing".... BUT WE DIDN'T DRINK. i know at one point i lost a sock. note to self: never stay up for more than 30 hours straight.

OMG, I'm posting... *shock*

I thought you were there too Al... It was in the corner of the lobby over by the restaurant. Where you took the pictures of us with the mini flashlight things. I think I remember leaving in the middle of it though, maybe it was when we were headed out to get something for you to eat... dunno... foggy memory. lol

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone at the table this time! ^^
Midknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2004, 10:12 AM   #11
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

yeah i though you were there too, and I definitly remember Reiko or someone getting hit in the face , lol. But i will search out the table and chill for a while with everyone.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #12
GreatSG
Riding the Storm Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
ahh subwoofers, going all out party style. Oh well, I need to hurry up and build a Crow sometime, Just having Servo would be boring anyway. :P
GreatSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #13
chubbybunny
Bubble Punch coordinator

Mweet

I'll try to stop by and keep yuo company Friday! I should be coming in fairly late that evening but I know I can make it...!
chubbybunny is offline   Reply With Quote