Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Closed Thread
Unread 10-25-2004, 03:12 PM   #1
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

The New Resident Evil/Biohazard Cosplay Thread

Since it finally happened, and I think we all knew it would eventually (though I must say I'm rather surprised it took this long), the previous RE/Biohazard cosplay thread has been close due to being too off-topic. I'm starting this new thread so that we can talk strictly about RE cosplay.

Unread 10-25-2004, 03:46 PM   #2
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

Well, I'm almost finished updating my RE4 Leon costume. I'm just waiting for the new ammo pouch to arrive in the mail. And btw, rpd_girl, in case you didn't see my post in the other thread, that new Capcom game you were talking about is called Demento.
Unread 10-25-2004, 04:15 PM   #3
trigunvash
Zombie eliminator

I went to EBgames today to reserve a copy of Resident Evil 4. They are giving out this making of RE4 dvd if you preorder, You can use the DVD to study exactly what type of items leon wears to perfect your costume.

Also I saw the grudge this past weekend it wasn't bad, I liked the makeup they used for the ghost, the white face make up will be great for someone who wants to make a scary zombie or monster costume.

I'll might be a zombie this weekend October 31, need a lot of fake blood for the costume, though it'll look a little wierd because i'll be wearing a Red Ribbon on my costume.

Last edited by trigunvash : 10-25-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Unread 10-25-2004, 05:11 PM   #4
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

This Friday is Halloween Costume Day at my college, so I'm most likely going to wear my Leon costume.
Unread 10-25-2004, 05:37 PM   #5
rpd_girl
"the Biohazard girl"

i won't be dressing up, since I'M GETTING MARRIED! but they do have a company costume costest. damn it.

who I met on 'THE ORIGINAL RESIDENT EVIL/BIOHAZARD COSPLAY THREAD"
Unread 10-25-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

You-know-who-you-are:

You like ramen soup and can't afford a chicken wrap. Whoopie.

You are going to some store after work and -oh! - you happen to like your costume (which does NOT make your post suddenly "on-topic"). Whoopie.

You really like posting off-topic and it looks like it's deliberately BECAUSE you've been asked not to by the Cosplay.com staff.

It sure looks like you would like a temporary ban from Cosplay.com, perhaps because you will need the time to concentrate on your alleged wedding. This way you can blame it on the mods instead of having the self-control not to post random spam.

......Well?
Unread 10-25-2004, 06:59 PM   #7
rpd_girl
"the Biohazard girl"

wow. really. I didn't mean to start any anger.. and I was posting mainly to the family of RE kids who feverishly posted every day. I was going to drop a friendly note to the admins, but I'll sum it u here for my friends to share as well.

I'm really surprised by our board monitor. I've had mini covos with her in the past, and I know she is forum freak as much as the rest of us, mainly why I am suprised.

I've already discussed this with others who post regularly, but when the old thread shut down, I glanced back a few pages, and we were extremly on topic. If i recall, the boys were discussing and identifying the correct fatigues, weapons, holsters, vests that are on the upcomming Resident Evil 4 game that Archelon has a jump start on cosplaying.

Perhaps whoever complained only read the most recent page (the RE thread seems to go through pages fast since it is so polular), or wasn't interested directly in the current convo or was confused by it. One topic that may seen "off topic" to casual RE cosplayers is the long debated "service vs squad" argument, one we have agreed to disagree on, but still extremely relevant to cosplayers... what do you print on your STARS vest? Squad or Service? I can see how someone jumping into the middle of the thread, or someone not familiar with the RE universe might not understand it.

As for true off topic convo... yes, here and there someone might post something mundane "I'm sooo tired from my finals this week, but I stayed up to post on here" or "man, I have the flu, so I am home bored... just checking in with you guys".... but that is what comes, and I hope is expected to evolve, when a real community is formed. But the real thread that ties the threads in this online community together is the interest and dedication to cosplaying, and in our little corner of the costuming world, Biohazard. And beleive me, after 2 or so years together, if a few posts or 2 strayed, we'd allways come back together, and this is seen especially when new posters joined in for our help and support in their projects.

After the defense of my comrades, I have to ay for myself, I've played nice for over 2 years on cosplay.com. I love it here, and I have made some amazing friends online, and in real life (including my soon to be husband after this saturday http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=31841 ). It's so awesome to be at a con, and have tons of other cosplay.com members come up to me and say "hey! are you rpd_girl? I like your stuff." Not to mention to other RE cosplayers who read the forum and AIM me for help and suggestions.

Basically... lets get back to normal, remeber why we are on here is to meet people, talk about RE stuff, and mainly build friendships. So if we were to ban someone for an understandable randomness, then it seems like a shame. It's a shame any of us should have to defend ourselves.

Archelon<<< , really, I won't be able to dress up, because I am getting married to "Amano Jyaku." (you knew that) And we are having a costume contest at work too that's I'll miss! *sigh of dissapointment* I'd beat out the whole company. But my GB costume, or Jill? I think I'm going to wear my RE3 Jill for my bachelor party out in the French Quarter, cause it's so close to Halloween, we are dressing up! Too bad my hair is long now, but I don't think I'll opt for a wig, even though Mako-san's look really good on her. *I'm not posting this just to be on topic, my old post mentioning the costume party and my wedding was deleted, and I am off work, so I'm being more detailed ^_~*
Unread 10-25-2004, 07:12 PM   #8
trigunvash
Zombie eliminator

I couldn't have said it better myself and I agree and like to add that Resident Evil (the tread) is the cosplay.com community but we to have a community within a community. Isn't the overall mission of cosplay.com to make new friends, or just STRICTLY to talk about what color the hat a character wore? If the latter was the point I doubt I would of bother to meet up with any of these folks in real life, or yet bother reading the site on a daily basis at all.
I too have never turned down someone asking for help, I've even provided graphics I made myself and diagrams to help with a costume design so has other members in the forum. I can only stress it is a community within a community, we like cosplay.com and if we didn't we wouldn't bother talking to each other.

Last edited by trigunvash : 10-25-2004 at 07:17 PM.
Unread 10-25-2004, 07:18 PM   #9
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Hey, I wasn't outing who you were. Didn't even mention any usernames.

When I get a number of complaints from other members on Cosplay.com about what is being posted in threads, what am I as a moderator to do? I did NOT handle the old RE/B thread, nor have I read it. This is a new thread which my attention was directed to today. As such, it can't really be seen as a seamless continuation of the old one, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who would not read the "old one" first, especially as it slides off the page.

I DID see an apparent bunch o' spam in THIS thread when it was pointed out to me that someone seemed to be really interested in posting off-topic in here:

Entirety of Deleted Post#1:
Quote:
I had ramen soup today. I really wanted a chicken wrap, but i couldn't afford it. I am going to cosplay as Jill valentine.
Says nothing about where or when or why this cosplay is, but the tacked-on end sentence sure appears to be a "justification" for actually spam-posting about ramen soup and chicken wraps, which is very off-topic. (It's one thing if "ramen soup" is mentioned in the context of a long on-topic post, it's another thing if it seems to BE the post.)

Entirety of Deleted Post #2:
Quote:
yes, i saw your post. I need to go to the dollar store after work today. I like my jill valentine costume.
OK, that one sounds really like it's pushing it with the justification. "I need to go to the dollar store" is cosplay-related? That's not clear from the post.

Entirety of Deleted Post #3:
Quote:
i won't be dressing up, since I'M GETTING MARRIED! but they do have a company costume costest. damn it.

who I met on 'THE ORIGINAL RESIDENT EVIL/BIOHAZARD COSPLAY THREAD"
First part of that post seems OK, but the end part seems like a continuation of the justification theme just to actually "bump" this thread or something.

If you like, I'll undelete that one (just did), though the party reference is really quite obscure. Reads like I'm listening in on a private convo, not a public one. This isn't a board for private convos. That's what PM's or chat boards are for.

How am I supposed to read all this? I just took it at face value. People on this site are typically warned about posting spam. I HAD heard that a previous thread on the subject was closed because of too much spam / too little on-topicness. When 3 out of 5 of the 1st posts in this new thread look like spam & bumping right off the bat...

Last edited by Karisu-sama : 10-25-2004 at 08:04 PM.
Unread 10-25-2004, 07:23 PM   #10
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigunvash
I couldn't have said it better myself and I agree and like to add that Resident Evil (the tread) is the cosplay.com community but we to have a community within a community. Isn't the overall mission of cosplay.com to make new friends, or just STRICTLY to talk about what color the hat a character wore? If the latter was the point I doubt I would of bother to meet up with any of these folks in real life, or yet bother reading the site on a daily basis at all.
I too have never turned down someone asking for help, I've even provided graphics I made myself and diagrams to help with a costume design so has other members in the forum. I can only stress it is a community within a community, we like cosplay.com and if we didn't we wouldn't bother talking to each other.
It's Admin's decision that random off-topic chitchat has no place on Cosplay.Com. Why don't you PM him with this question? Honestly, I'm just here to make sure the posting stays within the rules, and the current rules are that this board is for cosplay topics only.

I enjoyed posting in the "General Chat" board when it existed, but it was removed. That's the way Admin wants it, and it's his board.
Unread 10-25-2004, 07:37 PM   #11
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

BTW, I haven't "got it in" for any of you. I'm explaining my job. None of this is a personal vendetta, though I know people often seem to overreact that way online.
Unread 10-25-2004, 08:16 PM   #12
rpd_girl
&quot;the Biohazard girl&quot;

oh, of course I know u don't have it in for anyone, and it is definatly more undertsandable the way you had taken in this new thread. I was, of course, being sarcastic in my "dollar store" post. ^_~ it was a jab at our old thread, poking fun. I guess anyone who hadn't read the old one was prolly annoyed, but 2 posts of it seemed minimal. You just weren't being very nice, and I don't think I was being non-nice. *shrugs* I guess I was just astonished in the way it was communicated. If there was a serious problem with my post, I saw it was deleted, and would have seen someone had a problem, rather then the ban threats for 2 silly-type posts. But i can definatly see your position with a outside (and I don't mean that as in outsider, but as in "not in the other thread" perspective.

The all caps about my wedding was excitement (since I am days away), not anger, and was an explaination of why i won't be dressing as jill this year. Everyone in the Resident Evil forum is familiar with my wedding.

The rest of the post was more of a concern about why our old forum (which we were all very proud of, and really excited about it's momentum), was frozen. Not that it was frozen, but why it was. The whole point of it being "off topic" was silly, mainly because when it was locked, it was completely on topic for pages and pages.

Karisu-sama, thanks for you afterward explaination and understanding. I guess we take ownership of our thread, and the kids who will follow to this forum from the old would get my joke.

*my party refernce was in response to Archelon's "Costume Day" post

Last edited by rpd_girl : 10-25-2004 at 08:24 PM.
Unread 10-26-2004, 12:31 AM   #13
loner

well anyways mmmmmoving along....

hey rpd girl whered you get your patches? and how much.......?

nice resident evil 1 jill by the way.
i plan on making a nemesis (complete with rocket launcher), and carlos (maybe). maybe for fanime 06 or something.
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:12 AM   #14
rpd_girl
&quot;the Biohazard girl&quot;

I made them with iron on patches, I illustrated them in Adobe Illustrator to make a clean vector file. I posted them on the old forum for everyone, when I have time later I'll sift through it. I don't know if it's still on the cosply.com server. I'm at work, so I don't have the file, but I'll try and find it later.
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:21 AM   #15
Trooper Cooper
Panel ID: Trooper.

Yo, Nirv...

http://www.odedfehr.de/rea/082.jpg

To continue our debate on the G-36 bullpups... note the one being toted by Nicholai at the back. It doesn't have a Tavor front, the front is the normal piece of a G36C...

Methinks the armourers did a good kitbash attempt for this production rather than sourcing out the real weapons, although it does look as though Carlos' weapon *is* a Tavor TAR. After all, it would be easier and faster for a pro armourer to kitbash one than to go to the great lengths of ordering one from Israel.

Just some food for thought.
Closed Thread