Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 10-26-2004, 04:22 AM   #1
Tia

The Metrocon III Thread

Hey, I know it's really, really early, but anybody thinking about Metrocon III yet? I know the old thread got killed because of random pointless comments, so please, please don't do that here again. I don't want this thread getting killed, too.

Anyways, does anybody have any big plans already in the works for it? I have a couple things I am thinking about, but one is a little bit of a surprise. Is anybody performing for Anime Idol? Or is it too soon to know that? I think people usually know whether or not they are pretty early, but it's what song you're doing that's the question. I'm pretty set on that this time (lol, I didn't have my last one until january last year 0.o), which is good cause it's gonna be a ton of work on the costumes (but the fun kind).

Anybody got costume plans? I guess that'll probably depend on who they want to use for chess match this year, though. I'm definitely going to do Forte Stollen, though, no matter what. She's my big summer project. Anybody else thinking of doing GA cosplay for Metrocon? I know a Vanilla and a Mifeulle, but I can't find a Ranpha to save my life. Plus I would have to make the Vanilla's costume because she doesn't own a machine. So that'd be more work and I don't think I could do it at this point with all the things I've got on my plate. Also, does anybody know that incredible Mint cosplayer that was at JACON and won the Attention to Detail award? I'd like to cosplay with her if possible. If not, I'd need a Mint too. So if anybody wants to cosplay Vanilla, Ranpha, or Mint let me know, k? Just reply here or drop me a PM.

On the other side of things, what do you guys want to see with panels? I think I'm gonna be scheduled to run like ten this year. My boyfriend's gonna pick up the volunteer hours, though, since I plan on working registration rush again this year. I'm doing my standard three hours of cosplay panels that I did last year, plus a new one "knowing your fabric" and perhaps a panel on commissioners. I'm not sure about that yet, though.

And then there are at least four or five late night panels. Just random insanity we pulled out of our heads. Just wondering, anybody have ideas about a game show? I think it's kinda weird how most cons have an "official" game show, or at least one that counts as a main event, but not Metrocon. I thought up maybe "The Weakest Harms", but I don't think it'd work out so well.... although it would be funny to see Amy run it. Oh yeah. I almost forgot, I guess there's going to be a Shoujo High panel this year? I'm not really certain though. If so, I'll have to be on that I guess. I do the Jrock articles for 'em. It's weird though, because I only know three other people on it, the yaoi/yuuri correspondent and the people in charge.

Wow, this turned out to be longer than I expected. Gomen nasai for the long post, guys.

Unread 10-26-2004, 04:29 AM   #2
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

This is just a reminder. Keep things on topic to the con. Any chit chat, and I mean *any* random chit chat and the thread will be closed by me or another mod.

Thank you.
ZiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 04:32 AM   #3
Tia

Yes, thank you for the reminder, Ziggy. I will try to keep people on topic as much as possible. It's gonna be hard, though, because I know the same people who got the old thread closed are gonna be drawn to this one, but I'll just have to keep reminding I guess.
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #4
Minion

heres what i might do:
sasuke
pimp sasuke
guts
hayate (the stoner anbu)
sephiroth (i know, i'd get mauled)
green mooninite, with the F belt
oashi
shishio
can't make up my mind :/
the only 2 on the list i actually have done on the list is the sasuke, and pimp sasuke.
Unread 10-26-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
Tia

Oooh! I like Shishio cosplay. It's really cool to see it done well. I don't know if you'd necessarily get mauled for being Sephiroth. Just glomped a *lot*. Although it depends which version you're doing. If you did the Advent Children version, you might just be creepy enough to scare people (if you did it right).
Unread 10-26-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
scandia
Overachiever

OK, any news about the dates or location?

More likely than not, I will be working full-time, searching for full-time work, and working on Saturdays. I love my job and won't be asking for a Saturday off for Metrocon. So I'll just attend on the Friday, Sunday, and perhaps Saturday night. I'll just rewear my Presea and Eternal Emeraude costumes.
Unread 10-26-2004, 08:05 PM   #7
Lucifer

This year I might be passing over Metro, since AX usually is right by it. Rather attend AX then Metro anyday.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:19 PM   #8
Tia

I have heard some news, but I am not sure if I'm allowed to say anything yet or not. They still aren't sure anyways, so it might not be the place they were talking about. They kinda uh own my soul under NDA. But I do know for certain that wherever it is they are saying it is looking good for 24 hour panels.

But Amy's car kind of exploded. 0.o; So that's why work seems to keep piling up for them. *sits in front of Shoujo High looking sad*
Unread 10-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #9
Lucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia
I have heard some news, but I am not sure if I'm allowed to say anything yet or not. They still aren't sure anyways, so it might not be the place they were talking about. They kinda uh own my soul under NDA. But I do know for certain that wherever it is they are saying it is looking good for 24 hour panels.

But Amy's car kind of exploded. 0.o; So that's why work seems to keep piling up for them. *sits in front of Shoujo High looking sad*

I heard, Roy mentioned something about it at Necro. Namely my only issue would be monitary if it is near the time of AX like it has the last two years. But since the hotel is different, who knows.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2004, 08:37 PM   #10
Tia

Yeah. I felt kinda bad for bugging her so much. 0.o I'm pretty sure the con is going to be around the same time this year again. I think it's actually the best place that they could've picked in the season to have it. Because it's right in the middle. Not too early, not too late. For a lot of people who are local, it makes a nice peak in the con season.

If you're having trouble with money, you could always find a cheaper hotel nearby (probably even for half price) and then just drive over to where the con is. I know a few people who do that.
Unread 10-28-2004, 03:58 PM   #11
Happy Mushroom
Rawr

I talked to him at Necronomicon about Metrocon III's new location and he was somewhat vague since we will need a larger hotel and I can't remember the rest.

- The Mushroom
Happy Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2004, 01:36 AM   #12
xXMandaXx
Laureate

A bunch of the Mods over at Animemetro are all excited for MCIII, we do love our VIP status ^_^. My best friend and I are going to be cosplaying Sho Sho Un from Khan the Absolute. Also, a bunch of the Mods and some other AM members are going to be doing an original cosplay that based off the RPG that originally got us into the the site about 5 years ago. So I'm busy making all these Napoleonic uniforms for that. I also plan on doing Saint Une from Gundam Wing since I did Preventer Lady Une last year. She's my favorite to do.

See you all there ^_^
xXMandaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2004, 01:30 PM   #13
Tia

I'm sure we'd all like to be less vague, Mushroom, but we don't want Amy to harm us.
(yes, I'm sorry for the bad pun)

Ah, you are Lady Une on those forums, I guess? I'm Tia (duh). But that's always my screenname. I'll be looking forward to seeing that cosplay. I love original costumes. I'm afraid I haven't heard of Khan the Absolute, though. Is it about what I think it's about? Genghis Khan?
Unread 11-28-2004, 05:31 PM   #14
xXMandaXx
Laureate

Hi Tia, yes I'm Une on AM. I've seen you on AM and I just knew you were the same Tia -=waves=- ^_^
Khan the Absolute is actually a Korean MMORPG, but my friend loved the Assassin costume so much that she determined that must be our design. We both enjoy taking costumes and putting our own spin on it, so we are doing one purple and one green variation on this design http://khan.mirinae.com/khan_us/imag...g/assa06-1.jpg

Only half done so far, but Roy and Derrick are helping with the armor, such sweeties.
xXMandaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2004, 05:46 PM   #15
Tia

cool ^_^ Whoa. That design is insane. I can't wait to see it. Is this more of their adventures in vacuum table land? I saw it and it looks really cool. That is... a very elaborate costume to say the least. I can't believe Derrick practically moved in to Roy's place. The con must be more work than I thought. 0.o;

Is the red the only thing that's different? Or did you change other bits of it too? Does this mean there are now female ninjas on the security squad, too?