Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 06-30-2002, 01:19 PM   #1
Celine
Remember me?

Time is ticking!

So, with only four days left (give or take one), is everyone still madly sewing or are people finished? I'm curious! Usually I'm flipping out about now, and don't sleep until the con, but I feel pretty confident that I will be well-rested for once. This will be an end to my 7-con streak of being up all night the day before! ^_^

Personally, 4 of my costumes are 100% complete, but two require minor repairs. Of my two new ones, one is 90% complete (just need to add those little details) and the other is about 80% done (boots are a bother to make -_-).
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-30-2002, 05:28 PM   #2
Kuja
Evil and Kawaii

I need to finish some of the stuff on my Doll costume. And repair some thing on my Kuja costume. *has been lazy*
http://thedesertpalace.tenkoku.com/DPCosplayBanner.JPG The Desert Palace "It's so rude for guest to come at this hour. However it's a good thing to want to feed but Katan don't you think it's a little messy to eat like that." Rosiel
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2002, 08:25 PM   #3
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

My new one is all complete. ^^

I still have to repair the other one! 0_0

Must get to work! ^^;
Unread 06-30-2002, 09:31 PM   #4
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I am DYING. As always.

>__<

Ramirez is done, he needed no repairs.
My two Rosiels are done, I only need to remember to re-stitch this one inch piece of trim that is seceeding from the coat.

The wings are a *&$*#@^ mess and desperately need to be repaired. This will probably happen AT AX, the way it's going.

Metatron is done, except for his hair color, which will probably happen at AX too. I delegated Sandalphon.

My worst problem is not sewing, it's transforming the pigstye into something that seems to house a human... since I have a family member feeding Katan-the-cat while I am away.

On to the dishes. *looks at the pile and weeps*

(With all that stress I am going to start breaking out for the con, I can feel it. Great, just great.)
Unread 06-30-2002, 09:43 PM   #5
khamryn
SE Addict

All my costumes are done except an itty bitty thing on Val's wig (attachment of horn, doing tomorrow)

And I need to pick up candy cigs o.O;; hehe
Unread 06-30-2002, 11:09 PM   #6
MyuMyu
mmm.....pants!

As usual, im in a mad mad rush. 1 droped, 5 100% done

Christie has been sacked. The costume is too much trouble for its own good ^^;;; Chachamaru is done, as is Masa, though i probably wont wear it. Anna's done, and Kirin is done. My school uniform is default, and ive got several, none of which need repairs (bringing the lighter uniform). May or may not bring kodachi..... its probably a no, becuase it sweats through like NOBODYS business, so unless anyone wants a kodachi, im not gonna bring it.

Noise..... has been started @.@ It WILL be done by Teusday. Or i'll shoot myself in the foot

My big problem is cleaning the house *laugh* oh, and money, but thats always an issue in ghettoland *laugh*
MyuMyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2002, 12:17 AM   #7
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

. . . *keels over* Cookies for all the people who are still sewing. ^^

I have a functioning (brand new) sewing machine now, though I spent more of today trying to figure out how to use it than actually sewing. I still have a lot of work to do, but my costumes are all at least 70% done I'd guess. Of course tomorrow I get to haul my butt into the city of Chicago to visit my last option if I want to transfer for next year (talk about last minute, I know). Terrible (TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!) timing for that but what can you do, it was their only opening . . .

Good luck everybody ^^
Unread 07-01-2002, 12:23 AM   #8
RealizeDOP
Lina <3 Eddeh

O.O I'm CHEERING for EVERYBODY that is Still sewing!!!! *.* Wow, i'm glad i didn't decide to make something last minute cause i'm sure i would have killed myself >< *.* Waiii....i can't wait to see everybody.... *.*
Unread 07-01-2002, 12:37 AM   #9
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

::eyes start crossing:: I'm almost done with all of my costumes. . .but that's five whole costumes. It's all little stuff I need to do. . .like attach this here. . .style this wig. . .hem this. . .but it seems like a lot to do when there are a million little things. At this point, anything that can be done at AX, like drawing the design on my tights for Terra, is being put on hold ^_^.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2002, 01:06 AM   #10
Yggdrasil Pie
WRYYYYYYY

Ah....My Umi costume is 100% done.... wai...done yesterday, finally... But one of my old Aeris costume which is still in repair is about 95% done... Ah...just need the bow..the bow!!!
Unread 07-01-2002, 03:25 AM   #11
Kenshin Ken
Ore wa, Pocky Ken desu!

Yaagh ^^:;; it's about 2 days before the con right now..@_@;;;
2 costumes...

Ranma *(simple..baisc...but missing the vital part of the cosplay... THE PIGTAIL!! I MUST REMAKE IT!! ^^:; )

Clive: Wig is messed up..gonna give it a rinse and re-gel layer it so it stays in place and outta my face. gotta re-sew in the metal bits for the cloak since I had togive it a nice washing. my boots wil lbe incomplete... but I'l ldo with what I can. right now they are only 28% done..O-o;;; must..hurry... oh yes...my clive costume would not be c0omplete without a rifle...but it looks like I'll have to o without it... *sighs*... my friend's house is a lback hole.... even after tidying up for a fewhours.. we still could not find what we did with the parts...@_@;;;;

GOtta pay off a few expenses... send money to friend in Japan... buy lotsa pocky....*think think think*
Unread 07-01-2002, 10:56 AM   #12
Third-child
Bunny Grapes

I think we finished last night! We had a bunch of little things left to do, but I think we got them all done.

I am in shock that my costumes are done! Whoo hoo!!!

Http://home.attbi.com/~duomaxwell/

Http://vsmode.com
Third-child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2002, 05:43 PM   #13
Yuffie002
Saint Lucifer

I finished Jowy's jacket yesterday! YAY! I was so afraid it wouldn't get done! Christine's sewing machine is a terror! The jacket has some nasty flaws that nobody's supposed to notice but it was my first time using a sewing machine so yeah. Too bad I don't get to wear it, it was for a friend, but I'm happy with my single costume! *sniffle* I want four.. ;_; Maybe next year. *needs to get a job*

I look forward to seeing everyone!!! Good luck!
Yuffie002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2002, 08:28 PM   #14
Kuja
Evil and Kawaii

Ack I just realiazed I really need to brush out my Kuja and Rosiel wig. NEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://thedesertpalace.tenkoku.com/DPCosplayBanner.JPG The Desert Palace "It's so rude for guest to come at this hour. However it's a good thing to want to feed but Katan don't you think it's a little messy to eat like that." Rosiel
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2002, 11:21 PM   #15
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

Everything is ready! *^^*

Though I have to replace my Sakura costume on Wednesday w/ my The Paper costume, but it's all good. ^.~