Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.93 average.
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #286
AlmostHolly

I am obsessed with this movie! I'm dying to make Sophie before I feel the need to chop off my hair again. I'd love to use my real hair for a cosplay. I want to make her pretty teal dress. *O*
AlmostHolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #287
Emmala

I know this has been discussed before, but it was back in like, 2007 >.> So I thought I'd bring it up again if anybody is here, still. I need a pattern to use for my Sophie cosplay. Specifically, for her yellow dress at the end of the movie. I was at Joanne's the other day, and we looked through all of the pattern books like three times and found nothing at all D: So, halp please?

Archangel Michael (Supernatural)
Jim Kirk (Star Trek)
Emmala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #288
myiuu
LadyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmala View Post
I know this has been discussed before, but it was back in like, 2007 >.> So I thought I'd bring it up again if anybody is here, still. I need a pattern to use for my Sophie cosplay. Specifically, for her yellow dress at the end of the movie. I was at Joanne's the other day, and we looked through all of the pattern books like three times and found nothing at all D: So, halp please?
McCall's 8178 pattern is the closets I could find the the dresses design

http://dellajane.com/images/SewingPa...ume/mc8178.jpg

if this doesn't work for you look up 'prairie' or Victorian' dress patterns on google a lot of interest patterns come up

COSPLAY 2012
Sakura Kinomoto - CardCaptor Sakura Movie
Hiccup - How To Train Your Dragon
Princess Merida - Brave
myiuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #289
ycysusan2001

^^ just finish my Howl's cosplay for a shoot last weekend~~ pretty easy costume... but its super time consuming ^^;;; took me awhile to sew those diamond together...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2905330/
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:21 PM   #290
Pudding-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycysusan2001 View Post
^^ just finish my Howl's cosplay for a shoot last weekend~~ pretty easy costume... but its super time consuming ^^;;; took me awhile to sew those diamond together...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2905330/
So pretty! Good job!!
Pudding-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #291
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Hello All...

My friend finally got me to watch the whole movie (I'd never seen it from beginning to end) and now I can see why she loves it so much. Then I realized I have I sunhat in my closet that I bought when I was ten. I thank my ten-year-old self for picking the hat with the pink ribbon because it's absolutely perfect for Sophie.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #292
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I love howl's moving castle and I'm thinking about having a group, of all the different Howls, then a Sophie and a Markl! :3 I have 2 questions to the Military Howl cosplayers,

What pattern did you use to make his jacket, I really love to be this Howl? I can't find him wearing it but here is someone wearing it http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...in-d4r1pf8.jpg

And 2nd question is his goggles, any idea where I can get them? Make them? Thanks a whole bunch!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 07-17-2012 at 07:42 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #293
WantAGuava
Derp of a Being

For Howls goggles I always say go to etsy or ebay and see if you can find a similar shaped one you can modify

And is it just me who wants to see badly a humanized Calcifer, I imagine it to be beautiful as butts
WantAGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 04:06 AM   #294
Gaara-Sephiroth
Riku's Girlfriend

I was worried about reviving this old thread cuz I always seem to get scolded when I do that, lol. But it seems that someone already has. Soooo, I was wondering if any of you knew of a good tutorial for her dress at the end? (here's the part I'm talking about http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...3e/Sophie1.jpg)

I can't for the life of me find a good one that has some in-progress pics instead of just descriptions of what to do. A pattern would work too, if anyone has one of those that they could share, cuz I'm pretty good with using patterns.
My friend wants to cosplay her with me, and I said I'd try to make it for her but I dunno how to make a dress to save my life....haha! Howl’s dang jacket is gonna be hard enough which I'm making for me, but I really want her to be able to cosplay with me! D-:

Thank you! :-)

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LinkTheHeroOfTime

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/RikusGirlfriend

Feel free to add/watch/follow me, especially if we met at a cosplay event. :-)
Gaara-Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #295
color
Phantom Detective

I am working on a Howl cosplay. I spent the day collecting crow's feathers in a nearby park. I'm going to be half Howl, half crow. With real feathers. Woot.
color is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #296
Ilafatyu
That guy

I know this is a thread meant for the movie, but would anyone have any suggestions for cosplaying Michael? My friends are doing a Howl group and I really don't want to cosplay Markl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
I am working on a Howl cosplay. I spent the day collecting crow's feathers in a nearby park. I'm going to be half Howl, half crow. With real feathers. Woot.
That sounds both badass and possibly dirty if any of them have mites or whatever. I'd wash them before using.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #297
color
Phantom Detective

It begins.

Last edited by color : 01-18-2014 at 11:55 PM.
color is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #298
color
Phantom Detective

Almost there....!