Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 12-20-2002, 03:52 AM   #1
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Just re-read the Katsu Weapons Policy...

It seems that wooden weapons MIGHT be allowed... it says SOME wooden weapons are not allowed, like bokkens...

What you have to do, is go to the security office for them to inspect your prop.
If it passes, they peacebond it, and you can carry it around. ^^

So don't hesitate to bring your wooden props. There's still a good chance you can carry them around. ^^
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-20-2002, 05:40 AM   #2
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

just think of it as the same policy as AX
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2002, 07:03 AM   #3
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Only with less sense involved.
Unread 12-20-2002, 01:14 PM   #4
Sami
» star*stealing girl

LOL!

Luckily I only have one wooden prop.. I guess my staff will have to have a big, unrealistic smack of neon pink on it or something. Because you know, a lot of staves can open to reveal automatic weaponry..

..... -_- *mrr*

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2002, 04:25 PM   #5
Lady_Sephiroth
Lady of Avalon

Last year I had a wooden sword and they had no problems with it, I got it peacebonded right away -- they had more porblwms with my really short skirt Of course the thing did not look at all realistic, so that may have been a factor. All you can do is take it to security and try. The guys at the security booth when I was there last year I don't think were anime fans, just volunteers .. they were pretty clueless ...
Lady_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2002, 10:22 PM   #6
Recca-kun

Maybe check security periodically and see if the on duty staff changes if you have problems getting a weapon ok'ed? I don't know if it would work but it's a thought if you do have trouble. ^_^;
Recca-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2002, 11:39 PM   #7
Sunde & Schuld
Schu-Chii

Quote:
Originally posted by Sami
LOL!

Luckily I only have one wooden prop.. I guess my staff will have to have a big, unrealistic smack of neon pink on it or something. Because you know, a lot of staves can open to reveal automatic weaponry..

..... -_- *mrr*

LOL.... Hmm.... My character carries around a cute yellow umbrella that has a knife that pops out of the tip. It kinda opens to reveal automatic weaponry ^__^ Gee... should I make sure to make the "knife" out of a plastic dart as opposed to a metal tip? heh.. j/k
Unread 01-01-2003, 09:11 PM   #8
SailorAndromeda
is eating your cake.

Well, I had emailed them about my husband's wooden sword, and by the way I described it, they had said no. So maybe we'll bring it anyway and check. They had said yes to his shield, which is more dangerous...go figure ^^
He'll just make other props to go with it, he's Link from Ocarina of Time.
Unread 01-01-2003, 09:34 PM   #9
John Booty
The Waffle Truth

Their policies are completely dumb. I don't understand why they're so strict. I mean, have their been problems with fake weapon-related injuries at other cons? I've been to probably 10 cons at this point, and I've never even heard of a single problem.

Then again, they did approve my wooden weapons last year, after they had to think about it for a while. It was two small wooden axes connected by a metal chain since I was Tetsugyu from Giant Robo.

I think maybe they only approved it since I was a bit older (25 at the time)... I guess maybe they felt I was less likely to go swinging it around than a 15 year-old or something? Not that I *agree* with that, that was just the feeling I got since a LOT of people told me they had less-dangerous weapons than mine that DIDN'T get approved...

><
John Booty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2003, 09:37 PM   #10
John Booty
The Waffle Truth

I also have a hunch they'll probably say "no" to everything if you email them about it, but may make exceptions based on judgement calls at the con.

If they said "yes" to something over email, and then didn't approve it at the con, the cosplayer would be able to say "WELL SO-AND-SO ALREADY SAID IT WAS OKAY". So I dunno, they'll probably play it ultra-conservative over email.

Just my hunch. Grrr, this is really ticking me off.
John Booty is offline   Reply With Quote