Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 11-01-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
Kamui32
Stop! Drop! Gimme Pocky!

Who met/saw camino???!!

I was wondering if anyone managed to see or meet camino at all during the con, outside of the concert i mean. The concert kicked major ass though ^_^, i would have bought their cd but the thought didnt occur to me until i was already home from the con. Ill try and get it at katsucon. I managed to meet 2 members of Camino outside of the hotel at like 2am. The guitarist and the bassist with blonde hair. They were really cool, at first i said hi and walked away since they looked like just normal con goers, then i was like....eh? dont they look familiar......OH CRAP! THATS CAMINO! They i walked back outside and sure enough they were talking japanese and stuff and i knew it was really them, they are really cool people, really down to earth and normal people. They speak english fairly well. They formed good sentences and could understand what i said mostly. They even knew that i was cosplaying as someone from prince of tennis! ^_^ I just found it kind of odd for 2 guys who were smoking outside at 2am to be famous musicians, but they really are nice guys and just normal folks when it comes down to it. All cheers for camino! Did anyone else have a camino encounter?

Unread 11-01-2004, 10:18 PM   #2
Usagi1818
Behold The Power Of Chiis

There's a saying in spanish, when you bump into someone all the time, "I see him/her even in my soup"

In that case, Camino was Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup to me. I bumped into them EVERYWHERE. However, I never really talked to them much. Just exchanged hello's and such mild "chitchat." I even bumped into them at the bar. There they were drinking beers and I had a sissy Strawberry Daquiri and Cosmopolitan ^_^

I also rode in the elevators with them pretty much every time I rode in an elevator! I had to hold the doors for them many a times, even sometimes when I was walking away from the elevators but was close enough to hold it for 'em. They got to see me in ALL my costumes, including my raver outfit.

Hehe...needless to say, they were probably sick of seeing me too. Hope they didnt' think I was stalking 'em ^_^
Unread 11-01-2004, 10:25 PM   #3
Akiko Ki
Ninja in the night

OMG haha I saw them like every where no like the hole group just soe of the band members like after the rave they where down stairs and stuff. ONe of them took my picture which made me happy lol WOOT. He liked thanked me and jap then bowed it was awsome lol thankful I at least know what he ment when he said that. but yes I meet like all the band members all weekend
Gray/ Fairy Tail

Facebook Page

Deviantart
Akiko Ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2004, 10:28 PM   #4
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

I saw them down in the hotel lobby during the dance two of them had locked themselves out of their room and they were trying to get keys to get back in! I felt so sorry for them!
Unread 11-01-2004, 10:37 PM   #5
SweetLilium
Banned

haha I kept seeing them around, i was even in the same elevator with like 3 of memebers sometime during the weekend, i did'nt say anything though >,> did'nt know what to say lol
SweetLilium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2004, 10:48 PM   #6
fushigi-chan

they walked by hotel room after the concert and Taka told me to take off my clothes as I was opening my door =b *swoon*
fushigi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2004, 11:39 PM   #7
321stars
Con Whore

the band thinks my friend mike is taka's long-lost younger brother. X3 and Kiku asked for a copy of the picture I drew to have them sign, which I gladly had made and gave to him at the Q&A.

Current Costumes: Leena (remake) (Chrono Cross), young!Nel (Bleach), mafia!Nel (Bleach), Slytherin student (Harry Potter), maid!Mia Fey (Ace Attorney), spellsword!Viera (FF:TA2).

Upcoming Conventions: Ohayocon, Acen?
Recent Conventions: Sugoicon, Ikasucon, Matsuricon.
321stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #8
nixxer
Chibi Lord

me and my friend were wandering around waiting for the yaoi panal when we ran into them in front of the elevators, we told them we loved their show and then we got to hug them they were so nice and friendly it was great
Unread 11-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #9
Mandyness
Meep! Yip! and Woof!

I DID I DID> *jumps up and down all happy* ^__^ Yay! saw them so much around the hotel and it was werid and then i saw them just before they went up to there room in the elevator. Also when i first got to the con. Oi! i saw a lot and i'm happy now i can tell my friend in cali i got to stalk them more then here. ^^ and that a joke but ya anyways. Lol
Unread 11-02-2004, 08:24 PM   #10
KoreanEyez

One time my friend decided to go to one of the vending machines on the hotel floors so we managed to choose the 6th floor since the 5th floor's vending machine was all sold out. After we got the drink, we were trying to go back down to the 1st floor, but then I heard some random Japanese people talking and I thought they were just normal Japanese people, but then when Taka walked by us, we were both going a bit crazy. It was three of the band members on the 6th floor(I think that's where they were staying) and we managed to say hi to them haha.
On Sunday, I was on the elevator with the guitarist somehow and he gave me a bracelet for a present ^_^
Then a friend of mine and I kind of sneaked into the autograph room after the session was over and kinda took Camino's left over drinks hahahaha
Unread 11-02-2004, 09:04 PM   #11
Mandyness
Meep! Yip! and Woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreanEyez
One time my friend decided to go to one of the vending machines on the hotel floors so we managed to choose the 6th floor since the 5th floor's vending machine was all sold out. After we got the drink, we were trying to go back down to the 1st floor, but then I heard some random Japanese people talking and I thought they were just normal Japanese people, but then when Taka walked by us, we were both going a bit crazy. It was three of the band members on the 6th floor(I think that's where they were staying) and we managed to say hi to them haha.
On Sunday, I was on the elevator with the guitarist somehow and he gave me a bracelet for a present ^_^
Then a friend of mine and I kind of sneaked into the autograph room after the session was over and kinda took Camino's left over drinks hahahaha
*points at you* NO fair well lucky *smiles happly* coolness
Unread 11-03-2004, 02:16 AM   #12
Fory-san
**Worship the plushie!**

Wow, those are some great stories! I unfortunately did not get the chance to meet them, but I seriously thought their concert totally rocked. They are all really talented and I hope they have a successful career here in the States. ^.^

Support the industry...Buy Anime!

Little children, you belong to God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.-1 John 4:4
Fory-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2004, 02:33 PM   #13
kerochan
Poot de bolume up!

OMG! Their concert rocked!!!!! I was so glad that I waited in the 3hr+ line to see them! I like most of you didn't think about getting the cd until after the convention ;_;. I saw them on friday as I was comming into the con and didn't realize they were the bad until after the concert...lol! I went to the video game room right after the concert and right as I was going to play cap vs snk 2 near the ddr machine the blonde bass player and the lead singer were right in front of me! The bass player lost and gave me the controller, smilled and was like:aahh neechan gambate! ^_^ My brother got pictures with them and stuff and they seemed like really cool guys! I can't wait to get the cd!
Unread 11-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #14
Mandyness
Meep! Yip! and Woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fory-san
Wow, those are some great stories! I unfortunately did not get the chance to meet them, but I seriously thought their concert totally rocked. They are all really talented and I hope they have a successful career here in the States. ^.^
Yes totally agree with you there but some of there music already playing in my local area i think and it awsome. ^_^
Unread 11-03-2004, 09:33 PM   #15
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

I totally agree the concert kick some major butt!! I just have one question who else caught the glow stick??? I got the second one they threw, just curious.