Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Unread 05-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #406
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

ACEN was quite good, got a hug from Vic and Jeff and Quiton when I happened to see 'em wander by...Also managed to snag the VERY last copy of the "Dead Fantasy" (the disc he handed out has DF Ep. I and II + Haloid on it..amoung other things..XD) that Monty Oum was handng out at ACEN, so I'm quite happy. Finding him was like playing "Ninja Where's Waldo" and Waldo didn't have his famous red and white striped shirt on ...><...though speaking of Waldo, we did have someone wandering around at ACEN dressed as Waldo....and Ronald McDonald...Oo....

Though trying to find Monty was fun, even though by the end of ACEN, the 'Monty brigade' could have probabaly told you everywhere he went all weekend nad even what the guy ate, if he happened to stop in at one of theconcession stands or something...That guy was followed like the secret service follows the president by the end of the con...><...half where folks seeking him, the other half where 'spotters' to relay back his location to the Epic Studios table in AA, where one of the artist there managed to snag him on Friday and was playing his DVD all weekend on his laptop at the end of the table. The Epic Studios guy was kinda like the unoffiical Monty Oum/Dead Fantasy sighting station...Every person looking ofr him went to that table to catch up on latest in movement, what he was wearing and so on...was crazy...XD

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-04-2008, 02:28 AM   #407
Mahuloq

Newb here, I live near Big Rapids, Michigan, so ya. I need hookups =D. Wheres the stuff going down!
Mahuloq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #408
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Welcome to the group there Mahulog....

As to answer you r main question, usually keep you eyes on the Main Event thread in here (the 2008 one) since that's where most of the stuff as to things the group is doign take place.

Also fell free to wander around the board and the site as a whole and have fun...

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #409
Mahuloq

What does MCS stand for in the Main Event thread?
Mahuloq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #410
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

MCS stands for Michigan Cosplayer Society
Welcome!

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 01:50 AM   #411
VSP
Lurker

Dear Cosplay.com (MCS specifically),

Long time lurker, first time poster...
The idea struck me this morning to search the forums for "Michigan". Lo and behold, look what I found. Currently living near Mackinaw, move up to the Keewanaw during the university months. It's interesting to see that there are actually a couple others in the U.P. Though, none quite as far as I am (which would be inconceivable).
VSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #412
Kira--Mio
Kira desu

I may be moving to Michigan next year to a boarding school in the northern state area called INTERLOCHEN...you may have heard of it you may have not...so yeah...I guess that may count me as a Michigan area person xPP
lenalee lee, Agito/Akito, Ritsuka, Mion, Haruhi Suzumiya, Syaoran(Tsubasa), Shia, Tael (LoZ--maybe), Alan Walker, Ashley Grahm, Shuichi, Malin, Kagamine Rin, Toph (Fire Nation) and still thinking of a really epic one...if you have suggestions please share with me!!! ^^
Kira--Mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #413
xClaire

Hello there. I'm pretty new to cosplay. I've only done one costume but plan on doing A LOT more in the future.
xClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #414
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Welcome new people!
kira--mio: I've heard of Interlochen (my grandma lives in Traverse City and is a singer/radio host).
xClaire: Hey you're doing Saya? Which outfit?

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #415
Yumei

Hello I'm new!
I live in Bay City, Michigan......and I have yet to meet any cosplayers around here or anyone into anime outside family members.

Last edited by Yumei : 06-26-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Yumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #416
Jana
Coloratura

Hey all, newbie here. I'm hoping to attend my first real convention in August. That's about it.
Unread 07-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #417
Kira--Mio
Kira desu

@melima--I found out today I got in...so I am going I guess xPP So yeah, I AM OFFICIALLY A MICHIGAN PERSON!
lenalee lee, Agito/Akito, Ritsuka, Mion, Haruhi Suzumiya, Syaoran(Tsubasa), Shia, Tael (LoZ--maybe), Alan Walker, Ashley Grahm, Shuichi, Malin, Kagamine Rin, Toph (Fire Nation) and still thinking of a really epic one...if you have suggestions please share with me!!! ^^
Kira--Mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #418
elven8604
Playing Dress up Everyday

Hey everyone. Extremely long time lurker, just joined up. Thought I'd say hi. :-) From the middle of Michigan (Mt. P to be exact).
elven8604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #419
limey
Trouble Maker

Welcome to the flock. We are rather scattered, hopefully we'll see you around.
Unread 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #420
Tifakiki7
Tifakiki7

Unhappy ...way to make a good impression...

So like a true nube, I posted in the wrong thread... haha...

Here we go again!

Hi everyone,
My name is Rachel and I've been talking to the_real_Link and asked him about MCS. He told me to just post! So, here I am! I am 22 years old and I live in Davison (by Flint). My friends and I already have a cosplay group but there are only 3 of us who are really serious about it and we've always wanted a bigger group to get more tips from! And, of course, we all are video game dorks who love anime. ^__^

I don't really know what else to say so... lol...
Tifakiki7 is offline   Reply With Quote