Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Unread 09-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #421
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

welcome!
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Deuce_VII is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #422
SpectreNPI
NPiMi.com

Hi!

I've read the forums here for a while now, but just created an account yesterday.

About me...i'm 24. I live in S/E MI. Specifically Madison Heights.

I just noticed this Michigan section so I thought I'd say 'hi!".
Has anyone here gone to RenFest?

_mike
SpectreNPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #423
Tifakiki7
Tifakiki7

Yep! I've been three times this year. I was thinking about going for the last weekend (since they extended it) but I am not sure if I can make it again!
Tifakiki7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #424
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I have gone to Ren fest! And welcome! I see you have cosplayed Ash. He is my hero! You have seen Evil Dead: The Musical? I am so jealous. I have the soundtrack and I know it by heart. I have some videos from it on my myspace too.

Tifakiki7: Were you Rinoa at Youmacon last year? I think I have a pic of us in my Youmacon 2007 gallery.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)

Last edited by Melima331 : 09-26-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #425
Tifakiki7
Tifakiki7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melima331 View Post
Tifakiki7: Were you Rinoa at Youmacon last year? I think I have a pic of us in my Youmacon 2007 gallery.
Yep, I was! Post it! Maybe I have a pic of you, too.
Unread 09-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #426
Tifakiki7
Tifakiki7

Wow, I have a lot of pictures of you!

Well here are some good ones:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ff8 and x.JPG (146.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ff shoot girls.JPG (197.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ff shoot girls 2.JPG (169.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ff shoot girls butt.JPG (176.3 KB, 0 views)
Unread 09-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #427
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Thoses are cute! I liked your Rinoa. My pic is posted in my gallery. I think I may have more on a cd somewhere too.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Unread 09-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #428
SpectreNPI
NPiMi.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifakiki7 View Post
Yep! I've been three times this year. I was thinking about going for the last weekend (since they extended it) but I am not sure if I can make it again!
Quote:
I have gone to Ren fest! And welcome! I see you have cosplayed Ash. He is my hero! You have seen Evil Dead: The Musical? I am so jealous. I have the soundtrack and I know it by heart. I have some videos from it on my myspace too.

I was hoping to get to RenFest a few more times as well.
Yesterday was a blast though. I actually went as Ash! Technically, it could fit in with the theme It was great. I"ll have some pics up soon. Some people absolutely loved it...while others were actually angry at me because they didn't understand what I was wearing

It was great.

Yes, I was lucky enough to see Evil Dead : The Musical It was the LAST day of the show when we went! The show was better than I could have expected! It's forever ruined musicals for me...because nothing will ever be able to top it. I've actually got the soundtrack playing in my car right now. It's pure hilarious greatness.

Those pics from Youmacon are pretty awesome! What's the over all turnout like there?
_mike
Unread 09-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #429
Tifakiki7
Tifakiki7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreNPI View Post
Those pics from Youmacon are pretty awesome! What's the over all turnout like there?
_mike
I am not sure on numbers but there were a lot of people there and every single one of them were awesome. -that's all that really matters

And you know, it has to be the first con I've been to where I felt entirely comfortable. ACen is okay but it is too impersonal; I think that is what I love about Youmacon.
Unread 09-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #430
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Youmacon is the best one I've been to. Everyone is so friendly and the turnout is great. I'm excited that it will be in a bigger place this year. I felt the same about Acen-too big and I couldn't find anything/anyone.
I have Evil Dead playing in my car too! I am a singer, and I was hoping to sing "All the men in my life keep getting killed by candarian demons" at Youmacon karaoke. If I see you as Ash there, I might just have to run up to you and sing "Join us".

Unread 09-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #431
Asmoday

hey everyone, im very new to the world of cosplay. any general tips for a newbie would be appreciated. it sounds/looks like a lot of fun so im excited to get to work on my first costume asap.
Asmoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #432
Tifakiki7
Tifakiki7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmoday View Post
hey everyone, im very new to the world of cosplay. any general tips for a newbie would be appreciated. it sounds/looks like a lot of fun so im excited to get to work on my first costume asap.
My advice: start with something simple and over done. Like a FF costume of some sort. Since just about everyone has made one, they can offer a lot of help. Oh, and make armor out of craft foam. It sounds weird but produces some amazing results. And if you ever dye a wig, don't waste money on wig dye or Sharpies... I've dyed all of mine with a mix of acrylic paint and water. It works just as well and is much less expensive.

Other than that, just try to have fun with it. Don't let yourself get too stressed. Cosplay is fun! Everyone will love your costume when you are finished so don't beat yourself up!

Let me know what costume you pick and I would be more than willing to help, if I can!
Unread 10-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #433
SpectreNPI
NPiMi.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifakiki7 View Post
I am not sure on numbers but there were a lot of people there and every single one of them were awesome. -that's all that really matters

And you know, it has to be the first con I've been to where I felt entirely comfortable. ACen is okay but it is too impersonal; I think that is what I love about Youmacon.
Quote:
Youmacon is the best one I've been to. Everyone is so friendly and the turnout is great. I'm excited that it will be in a bigger place this year. I felt the same about Acen-too big and I couldn't find anything/anyone.
I have Evil Dead playing in my car too! I am a singer, and I was hoping to sing "All the men in my life keep getting killed by candarian demons" at Youmacon karaoke. If I see you as Ash there, I might just have to run up to you and sing "Join us".
Thanks for the info! This sounds like some fun!

Would I get shunned for dressing as Ash to an anime convention?
If not, that'd be awesome! In which case I'll totally bust out some Evil Dead karaoke!
Unread 10-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #434
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

No of course you won't be shunned! I saw one at Acen! Usually at karaoke they only do anime stuff, but I think we can convince them to do some evil dead (we may have to avoid songs that use inappropriate words, unfortunatly). They usually have karaoke both Friday and sat. Let me know when you are going! We should learn the necronomicon dance! lol

Unread 10-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #435
SpectreNPI
NPiMi.com

Quote:
No of course you won't be shunned! I saw one at Acen! Usually at karaoke they only do anime stuff, but I think we can convince them to do some evil dead (we may have to avoid songs that use inappropriate words, unfortunatly). They usually have karaoke both Friday and sat. Let me know when you are going! We should learn the necronomicon dance! lol
Awesome! I'm gonna have to plan on going to this then!
Hecks yeah! Who's gonna say "NO!" to some Evil Dead karaoke? So we wouldn't be able to bust out 'What the F%ck was That?'. It'd be funny to sing it censored
'It's Time' is actually my fav song. It's much better live too because it's when the big battle occurs between Ash and the Deadites.

I've got a feeling this was a fun forum to join I didn't even know there were so many other cosplay folks in Michigan!