Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Unread 10-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #436
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I would sing "It's time" with you! I like that song too. I am going to try and take the vocals out of some of the songs. It didn't work for "All the men in my life..." :-( but maybe I can take vocals out on some of the other songs(it depends on how the song is layered).

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #437
LadyImbri

Hi! I joined this site a while back, but never posted and then recently refound it. :3

I'm from the West Michigan area (Ravenna, now in Allendale <3 )

I'm 24, going on 8, just graduated from CMU and work as a QA Lab Tech.

I love that there's a MI section, it's fun to meet new people in my area!

If any of you were there last year, I was running around at Youmacon as Toph (Avatar: The Last Airbender).
LadyImbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #438
Deleter

Hi!! I'm old but new!!

I totally forgot that I had an account here but I want to get serious about cosplaying!!

I just went to Youmacon and if anybody is in a cosplay group of some sort, I'd really like to join if I can!!

I live in Farmington Hills and I don't really think there are many cosplayers around here. At least that I know of. I was thinking of starting one of my own but 'tis pretty hard to find serious and, most importantly, experienced people. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

--RACHELLE!!!--
Deleter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #439
Solid_psyco

Deleter I sent you a p.m. =D
Unread 11-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #440
Tyblat
5iveYards

I....suppose i'm new? Joined the site a while ago, but haven't really done anything with it till recently.

I live over in Troy (old home of the youmacon!) Although while school's in session, i'm down in Florida for college.

Let's see....Last year I was the ichigo in the tokyo mew mew group at youmacon, and the chi in the chobits group at Jafax this year. Sadly, I didn't make it to youma last month due to the price of plane tickets, and my lack of cash due to school supplies.
Shutocon- Robin (One Piece)
Acen- Beatrix (FFIX), Zelda (Twilight princess)
ColossalCon- Lulu (FFX)
Otakon- Beatrix (FF IX)/???
Youmacon- ???
Tyblat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #441
CynicalSniper
Digivolve into Ultimate

Well I joined the site quite a while ago but I never introduced myself.

So hi! lol I've been cosplaying since 05'. I live in the metro Detroit area in macomb county. (Roseville) :3 I've been to youmacon 05,07, and 08. But next year I plan on going to Anime central, Kuzuri Con, and youma 09. My last two costumes were Freya From FFIX and Tonberry King. My next three are Lady Devimon from digimon, quitis trepe from FFVIII, and Serge from Chrono Cross.

I'm 18, and currently attending macomb community college.
Nice to meet you guys. ^_^

Oh and if anybody knows a place with a low price on vinyl, please let me know.
CynicalSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #442
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalCerberus View Post
Well I joined the site quite a while ago but I never introduced myself.

So hi! lol I've been cosplaying since 05'. I live in the metro Detroit area in macomb county. (Roseville) :3 I've been to youmacon 05,07, and 08. But next year I plan on going to Anime central, Kuzuri Con, and youma 09. My last two costumes were Freya From FFIX and Tonberry King. My next three are Lady Devimon from digimon, quitis trepe from FFVIII, and Serge from Chrono Cross.

I'm 18, and currently attending macomb community college.
Nice to meet you guys. ^_^

Oh and if anybody knows a place with a low price on vinyl, please let me know.
'ello there from a fellow Roseville area member.... hope you enjoy your stay. AS for the vinyl question...of hand possibly Fabric Warehouse on Hoover between 9 and 10 mile....tis only only open like a few days of the week though...but everything in the store is 2.99 a yard....of course I might have a crap load of vinyl left also, depends on what your looking for and color...cause what I have is black...

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #443
CynicalSniper
Digivolve into Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiji Magiwind View Post
'ello there from a fellow Roseville area member.... hope you enjoy your stay. AS for the vinyl question...of hand possibly Fabric Warehouse on Hoover between 9 and 10 mile....tis only only open like a few days of the week though...but everything in the store is 2.99 a yard....of course I might have a crap load of vinyl left also, depends on what your looking for and color...cause what I have is black...

hey ^_^
How much do you have of it, because thats the color I need. It's for my lady devimon cosplay. :3
Unread 12-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #444
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Um... probably a few yards... I have like a huge ass Jo-Ann's bag full of it....it's a thicker grade vinyl though...still good for a cosplay, though would defiantly line it with something, though of course you could also use what I have to upholster furniture with too if you wanted...><

Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Unread 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM   #445
CynicalSniper
Digivolve into Ultimate

How much are you willing to part with it for? Maybe we can meet up somewhere this week.
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #446
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

I don't know... I'm the type to negotiate....as for a time to meet up, my next day off is over the weekend. I'm likely gonna be busy Saturday, since I'm going to a party, but should be open on Sunday. As to otehr days, I'd have to look at my work schedule first....

Unread 12-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #447
CynicalSniper
Digivolve into Ultimate

I've got a christmas party to go to for my sister during the earlier parts of sunday so I'll see how that plays out.
Unread 01-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #448
xXGrimmXx

hey im new er kinda.

I started cosplaying last year i hail from Owosso basically where there are no other cosplayers, this year I'll actually be able to make some cosplays since my sewing room was piled high with junk last year, now that its clean im ready and cant wait to get making my cosplays ^_^
xXGrimmXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #449
shmac

Hay guys. So...I've been into cosplay for a little while, at least, but realized I hadn't posted in the Michigan forum. I'm on the Youmacon site as xshmacx [D: I never recieved the configuration email for "shmac" ].

I missed Youmacon last year because I couldn't get ahold of a friend to come with me, but I hope to go this year. =]

I'm planning a Fai Fluorite (Tsubasa Chronicle) cosplay, and I made an Akatsuki cloak for a Deidara cosplay. I hate that thing now. x_X First ever cosplay. I might update it or wear it...in a few years. xD
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #450
GentleFistNeji
Cosplay n00b

Hey! I'm kind of new here. Been here a month, but haven't done anything.

I'm really new to the whole cosplay thing, actually. I've always been a fan of anime, but it wasn't until I discovered the mini-fame of great groups like Koi Cosplay (if you don't know them, check youtube) that I began to actually think about cosplays. I just compiled my first costume a month ago (random, cheap crap I found at Goodwill, modified into a Neji [Naruto] outfit.)

What I'd really love to do is join a group, and hang out in cosplay sometime. I'm straight, but secure enough to provide those of you that enjoy yaoi with some fanservice ;D. So if you're anywhwere near Sturgis, drop me a line!
GentleFistNeji is offline   Reply With Quote