Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Unread 01-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #511
Ring Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by merokothebunny
Is anyone going to Shutocon? March 2011 :3
*looks up when and where Shuto Con will be* Lansing?! That is a hell of a lot closer than Detroit for me. If I have a costume ready by then, and someone to go with me perhaps, but I dunno if I'll be going or not since this is my first hearing of the time and dates for this.

Currently Working On
Rogue (X-Men): In Progress [5% Complete]

2011 Cons
JAFAX (Allendale, MI)
Youmacon (Detroit, MI)

Last edited by Ring Tail : 01-18-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Ring Tail is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #512
Aearon

Atm, I'm aware of the following 2011 cons in MI:

Shuto Con
March 25-26
Lansing

JAFAX
June 25-26
Allendale

Godaikocon
August 12-14
Troy

Northern Michigan Anime Convention
September 9-11
Traverse City

Youmacon
November 3-6
Detroit

I'll likely go to at least Shuto and JAFAX. I might go to Youmacon as well. Youma would depend on if I want to get a hotel for that long since I'm hours from Detroit and don't know anyone there to stay with.

If you end up going to Shuto and want someone to go with, I could accompany ya if you'd like. =)
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #513
Ring Tail

By the looks of it, with the shipping time for most of my materials and the time it'll take for me to do some of the pieces, I am unsure if I'll have it ready for Shuto Con, but it should be ready for JAFAX. I'll have to see how far Allendale is from where I live. I've heard of it, but never been there. Godaikocon is a couple days after my birthday, but Troy is a little far from me. Youmacon is a possibility because my friend goes there and I can always get a hotel room with her because of the distance. I won't set any of my plans in stone until my costume is completed or close to it, so it'll probably be a while before I decide. My sewing machine is evil and the bobbin loves to tangle istelf after a few seams or stitches, so I often lose patience with it and fight it the whole time. Lol! Time will tell. Thanks for the list of places and dates!

Currently Working On

2011 Cons
JAFAX (Allendale, MI)
Youmacon (Detroit, MI)
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #514
BlindOtakuChan
The Title Says It All

Hello everyone!
My name is Franandah. I'm 18 years old. I was born in Asunción, Paraguay, but now live in Gradville, Michigan. It's a suburb of Grand Rapids. Due to a rare condition called Septo-Optic-Nerve-Dysplasia, I am blind. (Hence my Screen Name.) Even though I am blind, I have found a love in anime, video games, and cosplaying. "How?" do you ask? I've "watched" anime ever since I was six. I didn't even know that it WAS anime until I was around ten. I also started Copslaying even before I knew what Cosplaying was. I simply did it because I loved a character or wanted to act and look like a character. Now, years later, I am a full fledged Otaku. I "watch" anime in English. However, I am learning Japanese and I can understand quite a bit so I can watch Japanese Dubbed anime and get the basic outline of an episode quite well now. ;-) I cosplay by asking people to help me sew my own or commission from good people. (If you think you can help me out in a cosplay, contact me! I pay well! :-)) I play video games with my sister and other sighted friends. If I do play alone I wonder around leveling up. Thus the reason why I am usually at crasy levels ahead of what I should be. :-D Sadly, I don't have many friends. I would LOVE to meet some people. I can't drive, but I try to do am such as I can. If anyone would want to be my friend...I would be MOST honoured. I would LOVE to get involed in a group or a Cosplay shoot. If anyone knows of anything going on, please message me!
BlindOtakuChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #515
Ring Tail

Hello Franandah! Good to meet you. I also am 18 and learning Japanese. I take college classes for it. I am currently working on my first cosplay and am planning to attend JAFAX this year with a few friends. We probably won't arrive until the last day or go on teh first day and leave because one friend's sister is getting married on the Saturday so I am unsure how that is gonna work out for us since we will have to attend that as well. I jokingly suggested we go in cosplay, but we all know her sister would hunt us down and kill us for it. lol!

Currently Working On

2011 Cons
JAFAX (Allendale, MI)
Youmacon (Detroit, MI)
Unread 01-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #516
Spunky_aly

I'm Arisa. I'm seventeen years old and have been a fan of Anime since the tender age of four and have been in love with manga since I was 12. I'm trying to learn japanese but the seeing as college I'm looking at offers classes for the language I might be able to learn more than the 34-word vocabulary I possess at the current moment. I've been sewing since the age of eight and I always used to 'alter' my clothes to the characters of pokemon and beyblade (back in the 4th and 5th grade). A few years ago I found out that this was an actual hobby and am currently making my first cosplay.
I'm kind of shy when I meet someone new but once they get to know me they find that my actual personality is the polar opposite of that when meeting for the first time. I am attending Mizuumi-con this year down in San-Antonio and am very excited about my first con.
Spunky_aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 06:00 PM   #517
Ring Tail

Spunky_aly, why would you go clear down to San Antonio for a con? Is there something particular going on that would make you wanna drive that far? There are a few going on in Michigan that must be closer to where you live? I live in a small town (I am sure there are a few of Michigan cosplayers that do) but I can find some that are somewhat decent in distance.

Currently Working On

2011 Cons
JAFAX (Allendale, MI)
Youmacon (Detroit, MI)
Unread 01-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #518
Aearon

Yeah, unless you're going down to Texas for something else.
I won't even go down to Ohio for the con they have at the end of January because it's 5 hours away and I didn't wanna get a hotel room for just me. >.>
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #519
Spunky_aly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Tail View Post
Spunky_aly, why would you go clear down to San Antonio for a con? Is there something particular going on that would make you wanna drive that far? There are a few going on in Michigan that must be closer to where you live? I live in a small town (I am sure there are a few of Michigan cosplayers that do) but I can find some that are somewhat decent in distance.
Quote:
Yeah, unless you're going down to Texas for something else.
I won't even go down to Ohio for the con they have at the end of January because it's 5 hours away and I didn't wanna get a hotel room for just me. >.>
I think you two have misunderstood. I live in central Texas, San Antonio is barely 4 hours away from me. A good friend of mine and I decided on that particular con because it's going to be our first one and it'll one be a day long. We figured that seeing as the con is only 11 hours long we can spend friday getting situated, go to the con on Saturday and then go back home at around noon on Sunday. Plus the passes for the con are only $12 a piece.

Besides, what made you think I was from Michigan, it's far too cold up there for me to live comfortably. If it gets below 50 degrees here in Texas where I live I wear 3 layers and put on my parka. Dallas is probably the farest north I'll ever get. I'm sorry for the confusion and I sincerely hope that this clears everything up.

Last edited by Spunky_aly : 01-20-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Spunky_aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #520
Aearon

*Points to the forum title.* You posted in the newbie thread of "Michigan Cosplayers Society". lol I had a feeling that you posted in the wrong area after I replied though. XD
Unread 02-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #521
quianaa2001

I'm new here!
Hi everyone! I'm Quiana and from Kalamazoo, one of the most boring towns ever lol, and I'm a student at Western Michigan. Always looking for more friends and people to hang out with, even cooler that they do Cosplay!
quianaa2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #522
Ostentatious93

Hello! I'm from Lainsburg! (about 20 min from Lansing) XD Would love to meet some people on here who love to cosplay too and hang out with! XD
Ostentatious93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #523
Aearon

Howdy and welcome. I'm about an hour or so North of you. =)
Shutocon is coming up at the end of March in Lansing. You should check it out. ^.^
Unread 03-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #524
Ostentatious93

My friend and I have already registered XD We're so excited XD
Ostentatious93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #525
Aearon

Aah, cool. =) I'll be there as well. ^.^