Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Unread 10-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #76
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Hello once again to all of our new members. It's always good to see new faces around and hopefully we'll be able to meet you at one of our gatherings. Be it a convention or a cosplay gathering or meeting us at Buffalo Wild Wings(check the Wings thread, we meet up once a week). Give us a shout, we always welcome our newcomers. Welcome to the community.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-13-2005, 02:30 PM   #77
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

Konnichiwa

watashi wa diarrhea dan
AZNPRDE420666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 08:39 PM   #78
kira_elric
Enforcing Satisfaction

well I haven't posted here yet, despite the fact I should have a while ago. Guess I'm a bad kid. Oh well. I went to Jafax over the summer, Comic Con last weekend, and YoumaCon is next on my list. So yeah here I am. Hiya everyone!
kira_elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2005, 09:47 PM   #79
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Talking

Hi, I'm new. Long time watcher first time poster and really pretty much new to the cosplay scene.... kinda

I am the seamstress for my cosplay group called Oubliette. I just posted my first costume in my gallery and that is the start of our groups costumes, so lets hope I can get the rest done in time for Ohayocon.

Alright I am going to shut up now so that you aren't watching my babble on and on about random things. I shall sit back now and wait to see if anybody posts back and then immediately latch onto them like a leech for dear life.
Mimette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2005, 05:27 AM   #80
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

You're part of a cosplay group? That is like the coolest thing i've ever heard! I've always wanted to join one but i'm pretty much a loner when it comes to making costumes and i'm always afraid that other people in the group are gonna harshly critique the way I make my costumes.

I hope you continue making costumes because what you have so far looks beautiful!
Unread 11-14-2005, 08:59 AM   #81
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Well if you are nervous about joining we are willing to welcome you with open arms. And it is because of that critique that in my group I make all the costumes that way if somebody doesn't like it they aren't look down on the group as a whole but JUST on my work. After Youmacon though I am feeling rather confident about my skill. If you change your mind about a group, we have spaces ^_^
Unread 11-14-2005, 04:01 PM   #82
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

ahhh! I'd love to join but I don't know... what area does everyone in the club live in?
Unread 11-14-2005, 04:49 PM   #83
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Well there are only four of us right now. Two of us are in Taylor, one is in Novi, and one is in Flint. I am one of the Taylor ones, but we just really want to try to get members that are able to cosplay are willing to compete in masq and are enthusiastic.

You don't have to be an expert at sewing as I make all the costumes (we each provide the materials that I specify as I want them to look great), but if you are scared about it, I completely understand. We are all a bunch of goofballs anyway so we aren't exactly threatening ^^;
Unread 11-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #84
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

ahh i couldn't let you make my costume. Half the fun is in making it. If I joined I could probably take some of the weight off your shoulders. Does your club have any cosplay ideas so far?
Unread 11-14-2005, 05:29 PM   #85
Mimette
Mistress Citrus

Right now we are trying to find two more people to fill our Disgaea mage cast. We have four of us so far as I said and Green, Blue, Star (myself), and Prism mages are all covered but we are trying to get a Red and Galaxy mage for our group for our Ohayocon trip in January.

Trust me, if you join our group and are willing to help with sewing I am more than willing to take you up on the offer. As much as these dresses look simple, the way I am making them, they are time consuming. Even just fabric cutting would be a help right now as one of our other members (I love her to death but...) is TRYING to help me but I sometimes wonder what she did to make such mistakes.... I mean she just had to pin the pattern down and cut but she screws that up....

If you are interested, lemme know via PM or something or hit me on aim and we can talk about it so that we don't clutter up this forum too much.
Unread 11-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #86
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

It sounds good and i'd love to be the red mage but i'd have to find out more aboot ohayocon. i'll pm you.
Unread 11-15-2005, 11:52 AM   #87
Medieval
WTF smiley guy

Hello, new to the board here.
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #88
Ruu-chan nyu
Resistance is futile.

Welcome to the boards

#7 in rave in a can.
Ruu-chan nyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 11:45 PM   #89
tohru_tohru
Information Miner

Talking

Not exactly new, but it's been a while since I last posted ^^; I see we've had some new board people come along since then (woo!). Welcome all to the Michigan Corner! I'll keep checking back more often
tohru_tohru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #90
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

Welcome to all of our new members. It's been an interesting long last several months but now we should be able to get back into the groove of things. We hope that we'll be able to meet some of you at our weekly gatherings in Sterling Heights at Buffalo Wild Wings/Strohs/Denny's. Or hopefully we'll be able to have some of you over at a cosplay gathering or the holiday gathering. We can always make arrangements.
Catboi Blues is offline   Reply With Quote