Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 11-07-2004, 02:56 AM   #1
madame morte
Has a user title

Nuriko costume

I decided to crossplay Nuriko for fanime con 05. I can't sew very well, but his outfit isn't too difficult.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../nuriko_eg.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...u/dd797b2e.bmp

So, I'm not sure what the thing Nuriko's wearing is called. First I thought it was a kimono, but I don't think it is...but maybe it is a kimono, I'm not sure ><

I need a long purple wig. The wigs on the cosplay.com wig shop seem pretty expensive, though.

Then I just need a yellow ribbon and pants...I don't know what kind of material his pants are, but they look almost like sweat pants.

I've seen him with more complex costumes, but I think I'll just stick to this. Also, doesn't he wear earrings? err, maybe not.
madame morte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-07-2004, 04:50 AM   #2
Yueyume
nemuri...

Haha, the "top" is typical Chinese Qing (Ching) dynasty men's wear. It's called a chang pao. Kimonos are Japanese ^^ [edit] wait, chang paos have sort of tapered sleeves...this doesn't...and also has a belt. That would be...much earlier than the Qing dynasty? Oh well whatever. XD

The pants are just...yeah, sweat pants-like, but I think the material is on the thinner side. The belt is just a strip of cloth, looks like, and the top...well, I'll draw you a picture. XD

here (you have to refresh the page XD)

Well now that I look at it more closely...Nuriko's flap thing is not completely on the side, and there's also a collar. But it's about the same, just make the flap overlap a little less. ^^;;

Eh. hope that helped at least a little teeny bit. XD I'm not a pattern person, so I have no idea if there are any out there that you can use if you want a pattern.

Last edited by Yueyume : 11-07-2004 at 05:36 AM.
Yueyume is offline   Reply With Quote