Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nekocon

Unread 11-07-2004, 06:49 PM   #1
Fory-san
**Worship the plushie!**

Back from NekoCon! ^.^

Hey all! Despite the long lines, some of the snooty con staff, no con suite, and walking back n' forth between the Conference Center and the Holiday Inn with high heeled boots on, me and Ultry-chan had a great time at this year's convention. I took almost 50 pictures throughout Friday and Saturday until my batteries in my camera died which was a shame because there were so many other impressive costumes I wanted snap shots of. All of them will be up on my PhotoBucket by tomorrow. ^.^v

All the slots for the masquerade were full but I did get to participate in the hall costume contest for the first time as Captain Harlock. I decided to leave my Arislan costume at home until Katsucon next year. I also hope to dress up as Devilman for that one. Even though I didn't win anything, I still saw some really impressive work and the folks that did win had amazing array of costumes! Nobody came to my Leiji Matsumoto photoshoot yesterday, mainly due to the fact I was the only one dressed as one. The masquerade, despite some technical difficulties, was great. Most of the skits were very well done. They seem to get better every Nekocon. I blew all my money on the Laputa soundtrack, the second volume of the Nausicaa manga, two boxes of regular chocolate Pocky, and a bottle of peach flavored Ramune soda. ^.^v

I ran into several friends of mine except for Kara-chan who I heard was sick. I hope you get better girl! I missed ya'! :::snugs da' Kara-chan::: I also made a ton of new friends and even was a con gopher for a few hours on Friday night. I was totally beat today, so I slept in until 2PM. I heard that next year, NekoCon will be held at the almost-complete Hampton Roads Convention Center. I'll most certainly be attending. ^^

My shoutouts go out to Danny T., EuroBeat King, G-chan, Lander-san, Derek, Rob Lantz, Tikki, that pink haired girl with the huge fluffy feet and paws I talked to after the cosplay photoshoot (I'm terrible with names! :::bows::: ^^, Cristi-chan and Serge, the gopher crew, the staff, and everyone that made this weekend a kick butt time for me and Ultry-chan! I forgot anyone, please bash me in the head with a giant silver spoon. lol Take care all! ^.^

Support the industry...Buy Anime!

Little children, you belong to God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.-1 John 4:4

Last edited by Fory-san : 11-07-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Fory-san is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-07-2004, 07:10 PM   #2
zekitty
Come along to rainbowland

Yeah! Mad propz to the girl who was wearing big kitty paws and feet! That was so kawaii!!
zekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #3
Tora
Agent IY

After a long drive, we made it back to MD. Nekocon was a lot of fun this year! I'm glad I had a chance to "chill out" at a con for once ^_^

Pics will be uploaded ASAP.

I'd write a list of the people I wanna say hey and thanks to, but I think my mind would explode. SO : Agents! (you know who you are!) Here's to another kickass convention! And everyone else I hung with/met, thanks for making this con so much fun. I especially wanna thank Lizakitty, Reiko, and Stuuuuu. You guys made this vacation possible for me, and I REALLY needed it. Thank you!

AoC.com

M*Y*V
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 10:07 PM   #4
ainslye
Did I do that?

Mmmm.... nekocon=good.
ainslye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 11:13 PM   #5
HealerKou
A Leaf on the Wind

Yeah, I'm back. The drive was heinous. It took 5 hours for us to drive what should have taken 3 hours, at the most. And now I have a headache. But Nekocon was good this year, though still a little boring at times. I think our panel went off well, and I got to hang out with good friends and eat at Sonic!! Mmmmm...Sonic. We have commercials for them here, but no restaurants anywhere in the area. That's what you call a cock-tease.
HealerKou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 12:06 AM   #6
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

I had a lot of fun! Of course... 8 hours in the car, not so fun, but the rest was good! ^^
Etsy Shop
shiroi_yukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 12:22 AM   #7
CosplayNeko

I had a good time- By the way- you may have seen me- I was Misha in her school uniform...I wanted to have more than just that one costume- But I got rushed! U_U* Oh well- lots of funny con. pics. and a report should be up on my website really soon. I didn't attend many panels- what was some of the good stuff I missed? I want to say hello to my buddy Giant Alucard, Eurobeat King, and all of my friends that I went with- Steph, "TESTUO", Beth, and the Ultra-cool people I met while standing in line for two hours in the FREEZING cold next to-
Gosh I don't want to attempt to remember their names- but they know remember me and I remember them- burps and group hugs for all! Isn't it funny how cold weather brings cool folk together? Yay for my first Neko Con
CosplayNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 01:17 AM   #8
Reiko
Agent S

back from neko... and tired....

it was nice too see all the people I saw... lol and tora.. you know I wouldnt leave you ^_^ XD
Unread 11-08-2004, 01:21 AM   #9
Saffi
Neko cosplayer

Well.. my arrival home was lengthy and high up... but I got here safe..

for my first American con it was amazing! Thanks everyone for making me one happy canadian cosplayer..

definitely looking forward to next year, and possibly some other american cons..

we'll see..

-saff
Unread 11-08-2004, 07:33 AM   #10
raiga
zim rocks!

That was a great first Neko-con for me, I'll be back next year!
You know it's a good con when you leave with no money x_x
- Mad props to the Tails cosplayer
Unread 11-08-2004, 09:47 AM   #11
GreatSG
Riding the Storm Out

Nekocon was a fun experience for me overall. Dispite the fact I had to stay in my friend Shea's (the tall Mr. Kimura walking around fri and sat) very small room at his apartment for the whole con and driving 20 minutes there everyday while getting lost finding are way back almost every night (we suck at directions!)

I met some cool people, like Fory-san and many others who all came to talk to the illustrious Dr. Hentai, or just to give comments about how cool my Tom Servo was.

The costumes were really good I must say, I took a lot of great pictures, but I wish I had taken more. Oh well, it's hard getting out a camera when you've got a robot in one arm and a bag full of stuff in the other.

The panels I went to were a lot of fun, Char Hakkai's J-rock panel was great and i'm glad I finally attended. The cosplay contest was a little disapointing to me, a lot of the skits were good, but a few left much to be desired in my oppinion, but I was amazed at just how short the competition was. Then again, I waited nearly two hours in line for something that only last about an hour it seemed.

And now for a little bit of critical ranting:
How many people saw my friend Rob as Pockyman this year? Wasn't he cool? Wasn't it nice of him to throw out full boxes of Pocky to people for nothing except out of his own genorocity? Well... don't expect to see it again.
Sadly, because some idiots have to ruin the fun for everyone by not controlling themselves over 50 cent boxes of cheap bland tasting chocolate. Pockyman is RETIRED and he's not happy about just how stupid people get over the stuff. Seriously, when someone dives over a bush head first into concrete for a box of crappy chocolate sticks and knocks someone else down and my friend gets yelled at by the con staff, it's just not worth it anymore.
He had similiar acts of idiocy happen at Otakon, and the above incident was the last straw... Sorry for those of you who can controll yourself for a box of Pocky, but for the few who can't ruin it for the rest of us...
[END RANT]

Well, aside from the above there, my experience at Nekocon was great, I got a lot of great stuff at the con and even though I drove over 5 hours both ways to get to the con from my home; I hope to see a lot of you at my next con I go to (probably Katsucon or Animazement) and remember, Tom Servo Rules!
GreatSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 09:57 AM   #12
Shadablade
Kamikazi StickShifter

Heyas all! Anderson and Alucard finally got home sunday evening after taking a wrong road split that lead us in a circle adding a good hour and half to drive time (last time that vampire will navigate :P)

Want to say hi and thanks to everyone who stopped us for pics or complimented us on our costumes(made me happy lol) .

Shouts out to Fory-san and GreatSG: Finally got to meet both of yas (tho briefly)!
Fory, keep up the faith in the "old school" anime style, history does come full circle
SG, Gret to meet you and servo (great job too btw) and get crackin on that crow! LoL.

EurobeatKing, Nice to hav met ya ut never did find your night time table Cant wait to see your pics, i know they'll be great

Too all the canceled panels and shows (MST3K?) and those few volunteers that went waaaaay overboard on thinking they had to yell at everyone in reguards to rules and policy (including threats) heres a big middle finger for yas! **!** (my biggest complaint of the con)

Props to the Initial D guy (you know who you are, and who we are lol) and anyone else i might have missed. Thanks for all the glomps, tackles, hugs, comments, jokes, and insanity that helped make this fun ^_^

Sidenote: I have 3 cameras of pics that i cant get developed til later in the week (ok i blew $500 at neko so now i need real world money lol) but ill be posting them as soon as i get them done.
Shadablade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 10:08 AM   #13
Initial Diesal
Mugen

This con was very wonderful and I attended a lot of events. For the curious ones I was the man with the boombox on his back as well as cosplaying Kira, Vash, Robo Ky, Iori and a Persocom.

Hey That Guy gave me props up there. Thanks! (lol I have 3 bucks to my name)

Hope everyone had a good time, I miss you all!
Initial Diesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 12:51 PM   #14
scourageriot
Chris Omega

w000000t! Neko was fun but as for the red roof inn. not staying there again gave us a cracked toilet and a smoker room! btw i was the naruto with the hair! there was a lot more naruto cosplayers than i thought. (not just naruto but everyone from the series) I hope alot of you come to katsucon also!!
scourageriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2004, 12:57 PM   #15
Stueypark
You can't see me!

I would like to give a shout out to Amp the Energy Drink for making that 1,000 miles of driving possible!
Stueypark is offline   Reply With Quote