Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
Orangesoda

Official Naruto Headbands

Hi >> I'm kinda new here, but thats not the point. I'm wondering if any of you cosplay guru's knew where I could find official naruto headbands? I'm talking about either 100% official headbands or ones that look real enough. Maybe if you could link me to a site or something that sells them? That would be great.

Thank you. ^^
Orangesoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
Digital Blush
Nextcon: Dallas Comic-con

did you try looking on ebay. plus i dont like the official headbands everyone says they break, too itchy, or just no good. why not try making your own, thats what i did. saving cash too. :/

Digital Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

You have to watch out for the flood of bootleg ones. The Hong Kong ones are really small, the ones from China have sharp edges and the ones from Vietnam have stickers on them. On top of that, the official ones(Movic and Bandai each made their own) aren't that flexible. This is why I make my own. Try giving it a shot or ask people around for advice if you don't care for how your first one turns out. Best of luck.
Unread 11-11-2004, 02:02 AM   #4
Orangesoda

Thanks for the info.

Thing is, i'll be wearing mine around my neck, so as long as it looks real thats all that matters. Any other suggestions or help would be appriciated. Thanks.
Unread 11-11-2004, 07:32 PM   #5
Leaf-nin
pokémon mastah

sasuga books sells official headbands - the kind that have the long bandana fabric attached (that really does cover my entire head, massive bun of hair and all). they're really good quality, so good that i had to get pliers, a counter, and a few strong friends to curve the metal. (playing kakashi, i had to get the headband to sit on top of my glasses and not move. the headband sat very nicely.) and it's not that expensive. i got mine at nekocon for $24.
Unread 11-12-2004, 02:39 PM   #6
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

I'm looking for a better metal to use with my metal ones. The first ones were too tough(bullet-proof, I kid you not). But yeah, the official ones don't bend so great from what I remember. Also, with the ones that have the whole bandana attached, have fun trying to fold it. Man those can be a pain.
Unread 11-12-2004, 02:40 PM   #7
ZakuKitty
Don't die, Lloyd.

Make them yourself. You can use tin for the metal or any number of things. Trust me. They are easy to make and you save money doing them yourself. You can fit the metal to your head and it won't be uncomfortable.

ZakuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2004, 05:16 PM   #8
Markedman247
Cosplay conundrum

Ebisu Headband!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf-nin
sasuga books sells official headbands - the kind that have the long bandana fabric attached (that really does cover my entire head, massive bun of hair and all). they're really good quality, so good that i had to get pliers, a counter, and a few strong friends to curve the metal. (playing kakashi, i had to get the headband to sit on top of my glasses and not move. the headband sat very nicely.) and it's not that expensive. i got mine at nekocon for $24.
See, that's what I am attempting to go as for Animazement. Did that Headband cover your entire head like Ebisu? And were they in Navy Blue?

MM247
Markedman247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2004, 12:13 AM   #9
Orangesoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markedman247
See, that's what I am attempting to go as for Animazement. Did that Headband cover your entire head like Ebisu? And were they in Navy Blue?

MM247
I think the sash from that site is black, I could be wrong. toysnjoy.com has blue sash ones. I think.

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone. Think i'm going to go with the official one from that site, with the black sash.
Unread 11-13-2004, 08:08 AM   #10
Catboi Blues
Magical Liopleurodon

The black sash ones are also half the size of the other ones and those are the ones from Hong Kong. There weren't any official ones made with a black sash.
Unread 11-16-2004, 07:11 AM   #11
Kate-chan
red panda extraordinaire

Jan Kurotaki (spelled right?) who also does the cosplay cafe said something about them... Then again, most of these are sold in Japanese only sites or are bootlegs. Try making your own to prevent any mishappenings like bootlegs.
Unread 11-16-2004, 07:33 AM   #12
Anbu Neko

actually, i really like the official ones ^^; they're pretty difficult to fold, i'll agree, but i juse use a safety pin to keep the fabric from moving, since i usually only wear it around my neck.

they CAN be disgustingly expensive, however. i was lucky enough to get mine at animeUSA6 for $30 dollars, where some people have sold them for 45, even 70 dollars O_o;

but yes, be weary of the bootlegs; my friend bought one for the hidden-mist village, and it looks pretty crappy :l
Anbu Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2005, 10:00 PM   #13
Dark_Anime_San

uhhh try ebay or if you live around one try kinokuniya bookstores...they have it....usually
Dark_Anime_San is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #14
TigerofThewind
you can im me anytime

um are the ones you can get at a-kon the official ones i bought one last year i couldnt find the blue one so i had to settle for black oh well lol
Unread 05-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #15
youjik33

I bought an official one at Toys 'R' Us in Hikone for 1200 yen and it bends okay. Though I don't know why the metal is so wide when the thing is supposed to be for kids ^_^*
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote