Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Unread 11-29-2004, 10:50 PM   #1
.yooko.

yugioh millenium items (mil. rod ;P)

Hmmm... Does anyone know of a place I can buy a Millenium Rod (okay okay...this is killing me...i'm gonna call it the "millenium stick" ;-; inside joke gone bad.)..I ckecked on Ebay but they only has one mil. stick...and it isn't exactly.......great. I know i'm supposed to make one -_- but I'm better with a sewing machine then making props...it'll turn out all lumpy..and...yeah I won't even start xD well....thanks for any help :P
.yooko. is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2004, 11:31 AM   #2
Moonlit Child
popcorn pumpkin puff

You could try commisioning something, but I did a Yugi cosplay last year and got away with foamboard, premanent marker, and gold spray paint for the Millenuim Puzzle.
For the Millenuim "Stick" as you say, I'd try getting a length of PVC piping, or a thick wooden dowel, you can pick up a large wooden orb at most craft stores. For any of the decorations, foamboard works really well. To cut the foamboard use an X-acto Knife or something similiar...a little gold spray paint and super glue and you should be set. I'll see if I can dig up pics of the millenuim puzzle I made...
Moonlit Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2004, 01:44 PM   #3
Lily-chan
Also known as Velocity

Oh! There's a fanfic where Malik himself describes a way to make a homemade Millenium Rod, if I remember correctly it consists of a paper towel tube (PVC pipe could work) a baseball, some gold paint, a sharpie, and two potatoe chips. You get the idea. I'll post the bit when I get home.
BLU Scout's Mom and BLU Engineer: 100% and 35%
Arcee (Transformers: Animated) #2: 100% YAY!
Knockout (Transformers: Prime): 90%
Finished Costumes
Riddler Henchgirl Quidne: 100%
Alabasta Vivi Rinrei Madame du Pompadour Space Paranoids Sora Shinigami L Cait Sith
Plant Pretear Sexy no Jutsu Jiraiya
Retired
Gracia Hughes Yachiru
Lily-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
Nyoko
...Does not exsist...

I made mine the just about the same way that Moonlit said, I used a dowel rod, and a wooden ball, clay to make the eye thingy as well as the "rings" that go up the langth of the rod. as forthe "wings" on the side, Im still trying to figure out a god way to make them, on my first rod I used balsa wood (is easy to carve) but it didn't look to great...

You could ask Waynekaa about his, he made a really nice one.
Unread 11-30-2004, 03:37 PM   #5
Moonlit Child
popcorn pumpkin puff

Nyoko---If you're looking for something slightly easier to work with than balsa wood, try foamboard, you can paint it, sand it down, pretty much do whatever and it'll hold. I used it for the Ancient's Staff when I did my Ronin warriors cosplay for the wing thingies on the ball of the staff. I hope this helps you a little.
Moonlit Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2004, 08:07 PM   #6
Lily-chan
Also known as Velocity

Malik: Right, we have the cloak and the blondish wig, now you just need a sennen rod.

Odion: But where are we going to find another one of those?

Malik: We'll just have to improvise.

So Malik pulled a paper towel roll, a baseball, some tape, a can of spray paint, a magic marker, and a bag of corn chips out of nowhere. That's right, Malik can reach into nowhere and magically pull out anything he needs. Don't you wish you had powers like him?

Odion: What are you going to do with those master?

Malik: Why, this of course.

Malik took the roll of paper towels and unrolled it so he was holding just the cardboard tube. He took the cardboard and taped the baseball to the top of it, and then taped two corn chips to the sides of the ball. He then spray painted the entire thing gold and drew an eye on the front of the ball.

Malik: Tada!

Odion: Wow, I wish that I had that kind of talent.

Malik: There you go Odion, now you have a sennen rod too. Maybe next time I'll teach you how to use it.

Odion: I thank you master Malik.

With that Malik disappeared into the shadows, while Odion continued to force the Rare Hunter ants to go do his bidding.

If you wanna read the story:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1505373/1/
BLU Scout's Mom and BLU Engineer: 100% and 35%
Arcee (Transformers: Animated) #2: 100% YAY!
Knockout (Transformers: Prime): 90%
Finished Costumes
Riddler Henchgirl Quidne: 100%
Alabasta Vivi Rinrei Madame du Pompadour Space Paranoids Sora Shinigami L Cait Sith
Plant Pretear Sexy no Jutsu Jiraiya
Retired
Gracia Hughes Yachiru
Lily-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #7
.yooko.

sorry, Lost contact with my internet for a while haha.

Thanks for all the ideas

((btw Lily-chan: xD thats so adorable! makes me want to glomp lil malik and squee ;-; ...next on my to-make list: Glompable Malik plushie xD))

I think i'll go down to the craft store this weekend... But I think i'll look for some kind of material that will be strong and last long because after I cosplay it, i'll wanna whack my friends and make them obey my every command *cue the thunder and lightning* >=D I'v seen one where it was made out of some kinda...clay...err....>_>;; *tries hard to remember* some kinda...plaster...something...>_> for the head and "wings" and the handel was wood...and it was all spraypainted gold =/ I think i'll do that because it sounds pretty reliable...unless I drop it and hours of molding plaster or clay ends up smashed on the floor............guess theres no way around that. o_o;;
Unread 12-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #8
.yooko.

okay, heres an example of the one I was looking at on ebay...(well...not so much anymore as to it's now pricing about 90$...)