Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 07-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #31
MissAwesome
Zetta Slow Sewer

Definitely wishful thinking. Although maybe if we wish hard enough, it'll become a reality, and there'll be a golden sun III.

I have no idea when/if I'm going to fit Ivan in (especially since I only have one con at the moment), but now I wish I had gone to Anime Expo. I would have taken so many pictures of your Isaac Cosplay, Crisryan.

There are so many characters in Golden Sun that would be fun to cosplay, so I don't see why it's so underlooked, really.
Jonah Matsuka (Toward the Terra), Narancia Ghirga (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), Jun Kurosu (Persona 2: Innocent Sin), Daniel Hall/Dream (The Sandman), Lyude (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean), Kaworu Nagisa (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Ladekahn (Baten Kaitos Origins), Billy "Wiccan" Kaplan (Marvel: Young Avengers)
MissAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2008, 01:05 AM   #32
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

Wow it was revived again! Several times in fact! Yay!

I am currently working on an Isaac costume. I just spent all of today working on a Flint plushie. (Yes, I have decided it is Flint, because he is the "elder" Venus Djinni... and I have read far too many GS fanfics ^^;; ) Pattern drafting is harrrrd, luckily I had some old Pikachu and Riachu plushies lying around from like the 90s to base the pattern off of.

I still want to do Garet and/or Ivan in the future. But I don't have any fellow GS characters coming with me this Otakon, so I figured Isaac would be the most fun to cosplay by his lonesome. Plus his outfit looks easier than Garet's.

And my sister has expressed interest in cosplaying Felix next year! YAY!

Last edited by Luther : 07-31-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 01:32 AM   #33
AkechiTenrai
The Rascal K!ng

Had I had the thought for Golden Sun sooner I may have had one for Otakon but alas.

I will find you though!!! Picture will be mine!

We're at war. Nobody wants to admit it, but humanity is under attack.

Believe in yourself. Not you, who believes in me. Not me, who believes in you. Believe in you, who believes in yourself!

Cosplays
Ota '11: Natsu Dragoneel{Fairy Tail}, Yamamoto (Vongola Gear V. X) {K.H.R.}
Future: Garrus Vakarian {Mass Effect 2}
AkechiTenrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #34
Kimimi Mode
shrine maiden of paradise

jflkdjf Golden Sun was one of my fav. rpgs a few years back and just recently I played it again. *__*b I'd really like to cosplay as either Sheba or Jenna if I get the chance~ I'm not sure for what con, though-- it's way easier to get motivated if there are other people cosplaying with me.

Kimimi Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #35
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

Well, it was more wishful thinking than anything else, but I have started a "gathering" for GS at Otakon... It's not really a gathering though, seeing as I'm the only confirmed GS cosplayer attending. ^^; But even if you're not going to be in GS cosplay, if you're going to Otakon please stop by on Saturday at 2:30 PM at the fountains so I have at least some other GS fans to talk to and fangirl/boy with! :3

Last edited by Luther : 08-17-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #36
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to bump up this poor thread. My Isaac costume's nearly finished, I just need to hem the scarf and make boots. I debuted it this year at Otakon. I just wish I'd had some GS people to go with. (Nobody else came to the "group"... T_T) Anyone interested in putting together a group for next year's Otakon? I think I may make Ivan or Garet before then too.

Also, less on topic but I'm almost done with my first full replay of the first game (goodness knows how many times I've started it and put it down, lol). Believe it or not but I forgot just how good a game it is. <3
Unread 08-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #37
thezeronumber
A non-edited photo! Lol!

I simply love GS. Although, oddly, i never did complete number 2... And i cannot remember why! *Really confused and kinda shocked*

I was recently thinking about doing a GS Cosplay, i mean, after i make my current one (which natch, isn't physically started yet, but i'm in no extreme rush either) but i haven't (yet) been to a convention before, and i refuse to go alone! So, any costume made would just be for my own personal joy until i find someone who would go with me! X3

I like the idea of Alex... All that icy blue...

EDIT:

Oh, so YOU were the person who made the 1st ever Isaac! Another member mentioned this in a previous topic and it got me really interested in GS again. So, thankyou! <3

I will look at your pics (if you have any) when i have time, off to bed now as i've an early wake-up call; 5am, yay...? >_>

Last edited by thezeronumber : 08-17-2008 at 04:15 PM.
thezeronumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 02:53 AM   #38
crisryan

GOD I LOVE GS.
thank you everyone and if you want to plan a group cosplay count me in for isaac FOR SURE.
all you cali convention goers.ha
we can walk around together and itll be a blast

mm my next cosplay is rue from threads of fate im stoked ;D
crisryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #39
Luther
A wild LUTHER appeared!

*pokes thread*

So I just got my Garet wig today. It's in Fire Red which is like the perfect color for him, since in some pictures his hair is orange and in some a tannish orangish brown, and FR is somewhere in between. Now I just need to style it so it looks like... a volcano is erupting out of my head... =_=;

Anyway thezeronumber, crisryan right here is the one who made the first Isaac, at least the first one I know of! ^^ Her Isaac really puts mine to shame! I really need to remake some parts of my Isaac, like the epic fail breastplate made of fabric ehhh.

I think I want to make Garet for next Otakon instead of remaking Isaac though. Maybe, I don't know. I'll... I'll just make him anyway and decide later! 8D

Any GS cosplayers coming to this Otakon? I'm trying to put a real group together this year, come come come!
Unread 06-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #40
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

*bumps thread back to life for Luther*

SO. Anyone else INSANELY PUMPED about Golden Sun DS? 8D

I read somewhere that it will be connected to the other two games. I wonder if any of the old characters will get new costumes. Not that I'll be able to make a GS costume anytime soon, but that's beside the point.
Enny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #41
The_Ninja

HECK YEAH GOLDEN SUN 3!

So far what we know is that the main characters of GSDS are descendants of the original cast, but we don't know how far removed they are - if they're kids or like, great-great--great-times 10 grandkids or something.

XD What's funny is that a week before the official announcement I'd already begun planning a Felix costume, but now that they've announced the new game it's really pushing me to work on my costume.
Unread 06-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #42
Rose of Battle
lolwut

I'm so excited for the new Golden Sun game. I may bump up my Ivan cosplay to next year.

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

Tentative Otakon plans:
Friday: Hikaru ~3D land~ (Magic Knight Rayearth), Cheria (Tales of Graces) // Saturday: Leia (Tales of Xillia 2) // Sunday: Momo ~Hoodie~ (Kagerou Project/MekakuCity Actors)
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #43
Kitylin
witch of time

I screamed so loudly when I heard about GS 3. XD Eeek, it's so awesome. I want to start working on my Jenna cosplay RIGHTNAOPLZ.
Kitylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #44
Wild virus

How nice to find some people who hasnt forgotten the glorious Golden sun
Although I'm kind of new to cosplaying, I'm going to cosplay Saturos till the next convention I'm attending. Any tips will be much appreciated
Wild virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #45
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

You know what's weird is I busted out my GBA a few weeks ago and am FINALLY playing Golden Sun. That is really sad, because I made a Jenna costume 5 YEARS AGO. D: It was for a group, and I had seen the game but never played it. I am such a poser. But not anymore!

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/168178/