Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #61
Kitylin
witch of time

I found my Jenna skirt, so I've decided to finally start working on my cosplay of her again.
Kitylin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #62
Enny
Cosplay N00b!

Obligatory bump because Golden Sun: Dark Dawn IS FINALLY OUT!

Has anyone fallen in love with the new characters/costumes? Or has it inspired you to start working on a costume from the GBA games, after all these years? And who, like myself, is too busy playing the game to work on a costume yet?

The Djinn all having individual appearances makes me want plushies of them even more.
Enny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #63
MythrilDragon
Psy...duck?

Yes!! I am thinking about doing a cosplay of a GS character at some point. I've considered Menardi as a possibility (despite the lack of art besides one or two pictures, plus game sprites), although now I'm wondering if one of the newer characters might be options as well. Karis, Sveta, and Himi are a few that would make for really cool cosplays!

And yes, although the game starts out somewhat slow and the battles are pretty easy a lot of the time, I'm still addicted to the game . It's about time after 7 years of waiting! I should probably start seriously considering a costume soon because there are one or two events happening early in the year that I might go to and winter break would be an ideal time to work on them.

I also love the new Djinn designs! I should try to make an amigurumi pattern for them (but I don't really know about my pattern-making skills just yet :P). Does anybody else think that GS just doesn't get as much love as it deserves?

Last edited by MythrilDragon : 12-04-2010 at 04:48 PM.
MythrilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #64
Kimmy
The Quiet One

I finally got around to cosplaying Ivan over the summer, and I'm throwing around the idea of doing either Amiti or Himi.

I love that all the Djinn have their own unique designs in Dark Dawn. It's also made me want to make plushies of them. XD

[ - - Future Cosplay - - ]
Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) || genderbent Tony Stark/Iron Man (The Avengers)
Taffyta Muttonfudge (Wreck-It Ralph) || Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening) || Luna (Virtue's Last Reward)

Icon photo credit: Jack Liu
Kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #65
MythrilDragon
Psy...duck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I finally got around to cosplaying Ivan over the summer, and I'm throwing around the idea of doing either Amiti or Himi.

I love that all the Djinn have their own unique designs in Dark Dawn. It's also made me want to make plushies of them. XD
Wow, awesome Ivan cosplay! It's so rare to see GS cosplayers, but that just makes it cooler when somebody does make one; at least its far from being over-cosplayed
And yeah, Amiti and Himi both have great costumes.
MythrilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2010, 12:36 AM   #66
Rose of Battle
lolwut

I thought it'd be funny if I ended up scrapping Ivan to cosplay his daughter, but nope--I love Ivan's design more and I've loved him for years and years. XD But I'm excited that I'll get to play the new game soon!

2014: Genericon, PAX East, Otakon

2015: Katsucon, Genericon, Anime Boston(?), Otakon
Rose of Battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #67
RaeSeddon
Chocolate and Sunshine

Wow, I am amazed this thread is still around, seeing as I started it under my older user name so long ago. Haha.

*Anyway* After being most of the way through Golden Sun 3, I'm reminded why this series is one of my favorites of all time, and am now struck with the idea to do a "Parents and Kids" type of group. I think it would be amazing having older Issac and Garet and Ivan running around after their kids.
RaeSeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 12:35 AM   #68
Rose of Battle
lolwut

That would be fantastic. I would love to run into a Karis as Ivan. XD

And I think I would definitely do Sveta if I wasn't so hounded down by my cosplay list already. But I just got her in my party and I adore her. (And Amiti, too!)

Unread 12-28-2010, 03:40 AM   #69
FragmentAngelus
...but a walking shadow

I love that this thread started coming back. lol
Anyway, I was thinking about an Isaac, Ivan, and/or Matthew cosplay (hasn't decided which to do first).

I'd really like to get a group together, but almost no one I know has any real interest in this game and it's characters. :c I can only cling to the hope that when I do this cosplay, I might run into other GS cosplayers. /singletearplz.

L i s t O f T h i n g s T h a t N e e d T o G e t D o n e ~
Isaac (& Felix)
Emil Castagnier
Adol Christin

L i s t O f T h i n g s T h a t G o t D o n e ~
France, Prince Soma, Ash Ketchum, Rhyme, Australia, Chrno, SS Link
FragmentAngelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #70
hypersoda

I've wanted to do a GS cosplay for a long time, but I don't think that I have the skills just yet to do one.
hypersoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #71
The_CFR
Cosplayer/Furry

I'm definitely doing Matthew starting next week. I'm excited.

Current cosplays!
Lucario (40% complete) - Otakon
Jubei (10% Complete) - Otakon
The_CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 12:06 AM   #72
Rose of Battle
lolwut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragmentAngelus View Post
I love that this thread started coming back. lol
Anyway, I was thinking about an Isaac, Ivan, and/or Matthew cosplay (hasn't decided which to do first).

I'd really like to get a group together, but almost no one I know has any real interest in this game and it's characters. :c I can only cling to the hope that when I do this cosplay, I might run into other GS cosplayers. /singletearplz.
Yeah, I'd kill for a GS group. Sadly, only a few of my friends play Golden Sun and they're the ones who don't cosplay. Dx

Unread 12-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #73
Avianna
Lights Out?

I've been playing Dark Dawn and I am kinda falling in love with Sveta! I'm thinking it may be a costume in the coming year! <3
Unread 12-29-2010, 01:35 AM   #74
FragmentAngelus
...but a walking shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose of Battle View Post
Yeah, I'd kill for a GS group. Sadly, only a few of my friends play Golden Sun and they're the ones who don't cosplay. Dx
It seems like that's the case. OTL Always the case...
I'm thinking about putting up a 'seeking cosplayers' thread sometime later and hoping that I get a few willing participants for some con in the future...^^;

L i s t O f T h i n g s T h a t N e e d T o G e t D o n e ~
Isaac (& Felix)
Emil Castagnier
Adol Christin

L i s t O f T h i n g s T h a t G o t D o n e ~
France, Prince Soma, Ash Ketchum, Rhyme, Australia, Chrno, SS Link
FragmentAngelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 01:48 AM   #75
Rose of Battle
lolwut

I know I'm planning on doing some GS here on the east coast. Most likely for Anime Boston and Otakon.