Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 12-06-2004, 11:04 PM   #1
SwiperTheFox

How old is everyone here?

Im 25 and planning to go to the next Akon with my 4 year old son.
Am I the oldest in here?
SwiperTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2004, 06:30 AM   #2
Skyline Kyo
Elysiam.org

I'll be 23 by then XD

I've seen several cosplayers older then me and everyone has a blast at A-kon!
Regardless of age, A-kon is great! I've even seen little babies cosplaying~
Skyline Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2004, 07:10 AM   #3
skypirate
There are four lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiperTheFox
Im 25 and planning to go to the next Akon with my 4 year old son.
Am I the oldest in here?
Hardly. I'm not sure from your question whether you're concerned about fitting in or if think you won't enjoy it, and would encourage you to try it at least once on a Saturday. If you've never been to one, it can a bit of a sensory overload. It's an event filled with wonderful, creative and artistic people, who are a lot of fun. :Čj
Unread 12-07-2004, 08:06 AM   #4
SwiperTheFox

Im concerned that I will be too old and wont fit in, youre right. My kid LOVES dragonball so he will be going dressed up as Goku :-)
SwiperTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #5
ZakuKitty
Don't die, Lloyd.

I'm 20 but I'll be 21 in March. ^__^

ZakuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2004, 12:30 PM   #6
Anna
Still Alive

I'm 14. But everyone thinks I'm like 17.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2004, 12:37 PM   #7
skypirate
There are four lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiperTheFox
Im concerned that I will be too old and wont fit in, youre right. My kid LOVES dragonball so he will be going dressed up as Goku :-)
Twenty-five, no problem at all. I'm probably the poster child for the aging anime fan. These conventions are much more about enjoying what we have in common than isolating people because of differences. There are simply too many funs things to do and see to waste anytime ridiculing somebody else.

You'll probably get a lot of approval and encouragement for you to cosplay next time!

Just don't lose your badge!
Unread 12-07-2004, 11:14 PM   #8
ChibiKakashi

I'll be 22 by then =_= but I've been mistaken as 14, 16, and 18 (by people asking if I'm in college yet) not that anyones asked but I've also been mistaken as a guy (even when NOT cosplaying) heh... I don't think I'll EVER grow out of cosplay... I'm just too addicted now OO and I always think it's neat to see children cosplay because... I didn't even get into Anime until I was in high school and didn't cosplay until my first year of college... isn't that sad ^^; heh... so in a way I am SO INCREDIBLY jealous of young cosplayers but I'm happy there are some! They really make the experience even better and OO

Older cosplayers man they ROCK becuase it's hard for me to find ANYONE my age or older that I don't already know who even know what anime IS (live in Muskogee, OK and you'll see uu UGH) So yes! ROCK ON you older cosplayers!!! I'm gonna be like you in a few years hehehhehehehe and spook young children I hope! LOL

---chibikakashi
Unread 12-08-2004, 01:57 PM   #9
SIT BOY!
you can im me anytime

im 24 ill be turning 25 in may

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiKakashi
I'll be 22 by then =_= but I've been mistaken as 14, 16, and 18 (by people asking if I'm in college yet) not that anyones asked but I've also been mistaken as a guy (even when NOT cosplaying) heh... I don't think I'll EVER grow out of cosplay... I'm just too addicted now OO and I always think it's neat to see children cosplay because... I didn't even get into Anime until I was in high school and didn't cosplay until my first year of college... isn't that sad ^^; heh... so in a way I am SO INCREDIBLY jealous of young cosplayers but I'm happy there are some! They really make the experience even better and OO

Older cosplayers man they ROCK becuase it's hard for me to find ANYONE my age or older that I don't already know who even know what anime IS (live in Muskogee, OK and you'll see uu UGH) So yes! ROCK ON you older cosplayers!!! I'm gonna be like you in a few years hehehhehehehe and spook young children I hope! LOL

---chibikakashi
SIT BOY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #10
Yusuke Urameshi

17.....18 in Mar.
Yusuke Urameshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #11
Digital Blush
Nextcon: Dallas Comic-con

i'm 17 turning 18 in april btw i would like to take pictures of your son. little goku's aww. i hope to find many Conan Edougawa from Detective Conan. :squee:

Digital Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 11:35 PM   #12
Tenya Muyo
Mad as a Hatter XD

SwiperTheFox: Only 25??? Why that's not old at all!! You'll fit in perfectly with the rest of us crazies! I know there are plenty of people waaaaaaayyyyyy older than you or me that go to A-kon, so you'll be just fine. A chibi Goku?! Awwwwwwwww, kawaii~! I must get a pic of that! I'm sure you'll be thinking of cosplaying along with your son soon! Point is, have fun! You'll love it! And remember, you're only as old as you feel. By the way, I'm 22, but have been mistaken for a high schooler many a time because of........um.............well............let's not get into that!

As for you my dear Skypirate, when am i gonna see you in costume?? Ney ney! ^_^ *nudges Skypirate*

Wait..... why IS a raven like a writing desk....
Tenya Muyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2004, 01:24 AM   #13
skypirate
There are four lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenya Muyo
SwiperTheFox: Only 25??? Why that's not old at all!! You'll fit in perfectly with the rest of us crazies! I know there are plenty of people waaaaaaayyyyyy older than you or me that go to A-kon, so you'll be just fine. A chibi Goku?! Awwwwwwwww, kawaii~! I must get a pic of that! I'm sure you'll be thinking of cosplaying along with your son soon! Point is, have fun! You'll love it! And remember, you're only as old as you feel. By the way, I'm 22, but have been mistaken for a high schooler many a time because of........um.............well............let's not get into that!

As for you my dear Skypirate, when am i gonna see you in costume?? Ney ney! ^_^ *nudges Skypirate*
(With a Riccardo Montalban/Armando Gutierrez accent) Oh, but you have under estimated me, my dear Tenya Muyo.
(Don't forget the accent) Perhaps you've missed me as El Santo, Mexico's most famous masked wrestler? And, I am no slouch. I can even strike dramatic poses for those fine photographers at ushagican and fansview.

http://www.skypirate.net/cosplay/ima...o/el_santo.jpg

(accent) Laugh with Tenya Muyo, laugh with me!
http://members.easyspace.com/u235/th...unds/jocko.wav

Last edited by skypirate : 12-18-2004 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Switched web hosts and needed to fix a link. Sorry.
skypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2004, 07:59 AM   #14
Houki

Well I am 23 and I totally don't act my age. No one really care about age, I think the older the person the better because one year I saw a 86 old lady come as Rikku from Final Fantasy. It was great!
Heather Dean *Silent Hill 3* 90%[/color]

**Con Line up**
Katsucon '11
Dragoncon '11
Houki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #15
Fire Elemental
ManChii

i'll be 17 by the time a-kon comes up