Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 12-07-2004, 10:09 PM   #1
kitsunered

Non-Ninja Naruto Shoes (i.e. Jiraiya & Tsunade)

There's another thread about Naruto shoes but, unfortunately, the two characters' shoes I need aren't covered. I'm making a Tsunade costume for myself and a Jiraiya costume for someone else and I need the shoes for both. I wish I had a good reference picture of either of them, but I haven't been able to find any so far. Once finals end, maybe I'll take screencaps of various episodes. Anyway, does anyone know where I could get shoes for either character? Or even *make* shoes for Jiraiya?

-K

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2004, 10:26 PM   #2
ZakuKitty
Don't die, Lloyd.

I forget what they're called but I have seen those types of shoes on the internet in various places. Hopefully somebody else knows what I am referring to. Good luck. ^^

ZakuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2004, 10:56 PM   #3
Tranquility

Jiraiya's shoes are geta sandals..I don't know a site for them but you can probably find one with google. Tsunade's would probably be harder to find. You would have to look for black dress shoes that are similar.
Unread 12-07-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Can't for the life of me remember what Tsunade's shoes look like, but I'm more than sure that you can find Jiraiya's geta sandals online. You can google search them to find an online store, or they're almost always available on Ebay.

Next Convention: Youmacon
2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Amy the Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 05:17 AM   #5
Crucifixation
Dark Amaranth

Tsunade's shoes are easy to find. Basically high-heeled with ankle straps. You can find similar ones at most shoe stores, I think. The design is quite common.
Crucifixation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2004, 07:03 AM   #6
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

You can try The Geta Page for shoes; they might have something. They probably also have instructions for making your own, too.

I've attached a photo of Tsunade's shoes from the manga. They are actually quite easy to find (well, something similar, at least). In the winter it might not be as easy, but you might find something somewhere.

Tsunade_pants image has a more straight on shot, but it's from the anime. I think in the anime her shoes are solid on the bottom, not a separate heel (that's how my little gashopon statuette is, anyway).

Some online shoe stores to try (aside from places like payless, jc penney, sears, the bay, etc; these places usually have funkier shoes):
http://www.howcool.com/
http://www.electriqueboutique.com/

Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manga_shoes.jpg (59.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg tsunade_pants.jpg (54.8 KB, 0 views)

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!

Last edited by Eleryth : 12-08-2004 at 07:07 AM.
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2004, 06:28 PM   #7
kitsunered

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who responded with shoe suggestions. I didn't even know what geta sandals were called, so that helped immensely. After doing some searching, it looks like we have to make those after all, since the person I'm making the costume for has average guy-sized feet and all the guy sized getas we could find were way, way out of our price range.

I *did* manage to find nearly perfect Tsunade shoes though. Take a look.

Now it's time to go looking for patterns!

-K

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

If you goto Ebay and search for "Tsunade Shoes" it'll bring up this one store that sells shoes that are perfect for Tsunade made by Rocket Dog, I just bought a pair from them myself.

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Alexia Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #9
calen383
mendacity to the max

I found mine at Payless, though I got them last year. They originally had flowers on them, but I ripped them off and they are relatively perfect. It still has a black strap on the toe part from the flowers, but you don't really notice them. Good luck!
Cons planned: Otakon 11 - NYCC 11 - AnimeBoston 12
calen383 is offline   Reply With Quote