Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 12-11-2004, 06:32 AM   #1
the only vash
Official Computer Dude

First time at A-Kon

Well, how the title says, this will actually be my first time at A-Kon. And my second anime convention at that, my first being Oni-Con 1. Well getting back on topic, I have heard some great things about A-Kon, and I waned to know, what can I expect from A-Kon? And also, what were your first times there like?

Unread 12-11-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Tenya Muyo
Mad as a Hatter XD

I had the good fortune of A-kon 11 being my first ever convention (i didn't even know there were such cons back in my anime newbie days). A-kon can be a sensory overload, but in a good way. It's big, so expect TONS of people! You'll probably end up making tons of new friends. There will be so many events and stuff going on, you won't know what to do first. A-kon pulls in some really good guest and music (Psycho Le Cemu......need i say more ^_^). Dealer room............well this where i usually go broke if i don't excersise some control! It's huge!! Generaly, A-kon's just some great fun. And it's better now that it's in a bigger venue (my god, we have space!!) NEWayz..... i think you'll have a great time there! Hope this helped a little.

Wait..... why IS a raven like a writing desk....
Tenya Muyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #3
Ryo Ikari
Random Modnar? ur pick.

A-kon15 was i 1st con ever and i had so much fun there. ^_^
Ryo Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2004, 04:41 PM   #4
Rip_The_Hunter
Vampire

A-Kon 14 was my first and it was lots of fun. Especially when it came to the Cosplay Contest It was a great experiance!
Rip_The_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #5
ZakuKitty
Don't die, Lloyd.

My first con was UshiCon 2 ^___^ That makes five cons total for me so far.

A-Kon is a big con but it's fun. I hope you have a good time. ^^

ZakuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2004, 07:04 PM   #6
the only vash
Official Computer Dude

thanks for the infor guys, i'll be expecting great things for a-kon 16 then.
Unread 12-30-2004, 09:13 PM   #7
ElvishBoi
Elven Cosplayer Dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the only vash
thanks for the infor guys, i'll be expecting great things for a-kon 16 then.
Hey! That's pretty cool this will be your first Akon... I'm plannin on going to it this 2005 myself, and I haven't been to Akon before! Maybe I'll bump into some of the people from this thread, anyway.. the con sounds like it'll be fun
Unread 01-02-2005, 08:06 AM   #8
AoKoneko
Banned

My first A-kon was A-kon12. But my first Anime kon was in Colorado when I was 8. I think it was a mix though of Treeky & anime. Still fun though ^_^
If this is going to be anyone's first Project A-kon. Contact me. My friends and I can get pretty wild & we make sure we do just about everything the kon has to offer & also everything out side the kon.
Please do take care
*waves* bai te bais c ya at A-kon16 ^.~ja
~AK~
AoKoneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2005, 09:31 PM   #9
n00bdragon

I am planning on going this year with a friend. He went last year and had so much fun I thought I would go this year as well. I have never been to a con before but if you see an Umbreon around don't forget to say hi! ^_^
n00bdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #10
Fallen)x(Angel
[[{J-rocker}]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the only vash
Well, how the title says, this will actually be my first time at A-Kon. And my second anime convention at that, my first being Oni-Con 1. Well getting back on topic, I have heard some great things about A-Kon, and I waned to know, what can I expect from A-Kon? And also, what were your first times there like?
Exact same with me. Oni-con was my first, and A-kon will be my second. And this is my first A-kon too! ^_^
Fallen)x(Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2005, 06:55 PM   #11
AkitoSohma
I am predator and prey...

A-Kon 15 was my first con and aside from a few setbacks it was a blast! I was lovingly accosted by someone who recognized the character I was cosplaying and got lots of hugs and pictures taken with her and her friends. I met a few people there that I saw again at Oni-Con 2004 and we had a lot of fun...until I got sick, which is another story entirely. Needless to say, I enjoyed A-Kon a thousand times more than Oni-Con, but through no fault of the Oni-Con organizers. It was just a bit claustophobic to me and to top it off I got sick and only got to go the first day ~_~

Well, hope to see you at A-kon! Have fun and bring friends!

You're a Houstonian, too, huh? Coolness. ^_^

A-Kon 2008:
L/Ryuzaki -- Death Note
Beyond Birthday/B.B. -- Death Note: Another Note
Akito Sohma -- Fruits Basket (anime)
AkitoSohma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2005, 08:38 PM   #12
Anime_Otaku_Mel

A-Kon 16 will be my first real con. I wanted to go to Oni-Con like crazy, but couldn't. I can't quite remember why I didn't go. I think it was that I didn't have enough money, and I gave my parents too short of a notice. But anyway... I am really excited but yet really nervous... I'm not quite sure what to expect other than lots of people. I pray someone comes up to me and says they recognize me from Cosplay.com... ^^ I know I'll recognize a bunch of people... Anyway, I'll hopefully see you all there!

~LARUKU LOVER!!~

Costume Progress for Oni-Con
???
???
???
Anime_Otaku_Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2005, 09:32 PM   #13
Mitchi
Resident Malkavian

Wow, i see A-kon is possibly gonna be great.

This will be my first con over here, since my frist ever con was in teh philippines and was a total and utter dissapointment..i mean, the darn room was...let's jsut say small for what you may expect. XD
Unread 02-03-2005, 07:58 AM   #14
kodiak33
COBRAAAAAAAAA

Akon 13 was my first and I must say for someone who doesnt own traditional Anime costumes the fans that turned out were extremely nice and accepting. I got lots o pics with everyone and I was very impressed with the high level of craftmanship of some of the other costumes. I didnt win any costume contests but I had a great time! Speaking of costume contests I just wanted to give all the Texas folks a heads up about All-Con www.all-con.org which is this weekend (Feb. 4-6) in Dallas. There is alot of entertainment lined up for the event including COSTUME CONTESTS, a MASQUERADE/MARDI GRAS BALL, and a MRS. STAR WARS CONTEST. There are lots of cool prizes to be given away including an authentic Princess Leia replica belt and Han Solo holster ( a combined value of over $500). This is a great chance to get in on the ground floor of an annual event. Come help support a local fan run convention! I look forward to seeing everyone there!
kodiak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 08:22 AM   #15
Fire Elemental
ManChii

This be my first A-Kon too, and my very first con was Oni-Con also, lol. Who are you going as? I try to see if i can meet up w/ you or somethin