Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > SNK

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

SNK Cosplay

So...

In the past we had a "SNK and KOF Cosplay" thread, but that got eaten up by other threads... Then we had "King of Fighters Cosplay", but that kinda got off-topic a lot and is really hard to find anything in anymore. We've got threads that've popped up and sorta died for games like Samurai Shodown or Last Blade, and I think it's just about time we made one big thread to encompass all SNK game cosplay. ^^

Let's try to keep this on topic with SNK cosplay. For discussion of the games, you can post to this thread here: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=911412

Thanks! ^_^

SNK is most well known currently for The King of Fighters series, but before that their big series was Fatal Fury. They're also responsible for Art of Fighting, Samurai Shodown, The Last Blade, Metal Slug, and more. So if you've cosplayed from any of these (or others!) or plan to, feel free to post here. ^^

To get things started again... What are everyone's plans for 2005? I mentioned in the other KOF thread that I finally want to get Yuri and at least one version of Athena done next year. I also wanna get back into making Mai costumes, but I want to make her earlier ones that people don't really know about instead of going back to KOF again (well, except for the new blue KOF version I plan to make at the request of my boyfriend). I have ideas from just about every SNK fighting game but there's too many of them to get all of them done anytime soon. I'm sorry, SamSho and Last Blade ideas~~ ^_^;;

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-14-2004, 11:53 AM   #2
makio
resident slacker

Offhand, I only have Alba Meira(KOF:MI)planned as my SNK costume for 2005... though I'm sure 'LoneWolf or even the local peeps here might talk me into something else since the Metal Slug group fell through this year.
makio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #3
cactusmomma
Let's play!

I have Mai's alternate from KoFMax Impact almost finished as well as a whole splay of King's different years (wig time! ><)...a friend wants me to do Shiki from SamSho, but I dunnnnno...get me someone who can draw snakes well!
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2004, 05:06 PM   #4
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

I'll be wearing my Charlotte costume with the massive armour as always.
Unread 12-14-2004, 07:01 PM   #5
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Gothic Catboy ~ Wearing it where, though? :P

RenegadePocky ~ Mmm Shiki. *_* I thought of cosplaying her a couple of years back. I'd want it to be perfect, though, and doing a bodysuit with the designed painted on looks weird to me. x_x; But it's not like it's very smart to do it where you're actually painting it on your body. XD; Dammit. Oh well. When my computer finally gets here from California (hopefully before the end of the month) I think I still have some GREAT references of Shiki that I could send you. ^^ We'll see. I might have deleted them. ^^;;

Unread 12-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #6
HealerKou
A Leaf on the Wind

*comes into thread and dances around*

Eventually there will be more SNK cosplay, but I think I'm taking a break. After a couple years straight of having at least one costume at every con from KOF, Last Blade, or Samurai Shodown (but especially KOF), I'm tapped out. I still want to make Leona, Rimiruru (at the request of my friend who wants to be Nakoruru), and Fio from Metal Slug at the request of my fiance (OrochiSerge on here) who already cosplayed as Marco, but he's a dinkus and will just have to wear it again.

For my own benefit, I would also love to finally make Blue Mary, and CHAOS version Athena. Since those are easy, they're much more likely. But since I'm cutting back on cons by like half, I don't know when I'd wear them. XD

P.S. On the subject of Shiki, one of my friends did get her full tattoo. It's actually just the outline right now, because the coloring will be mucho expensive to finish, but it's pretty impressive. After she's done, she'll be making the costume.

Last edited by HealerKou : 12-14-2004 at 08:15 PM.
HealerKou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
evilchii
amirite?

i made a Vanessa costume that i <3 very much despite the inaccuracies. i hope to wear it again eventually but first i must find a better wig, my old one is just embarassing.

as for other characters, i would really like to take a shot at Blue Mary or Whip sometime ^^
evilchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 12:26 AM   #8
Seraphims
You don't Nyo me

I have my Angel costume I'm going to wear at OhayoCon and then my Mignon 2nd player costume for Anime Detour, should be fun:-)

Gothic Catboy: Are you gonna wear Charolette to Anime Detour also? cause I'd be willing to help you make better shoulder arm if you wanna try ametheyst angels method.
We need to jam at anime detour this year
Seraphims is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 12:58 AM   #9
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Oh dammit, now I gotta try making it to Ohayocon for at least one day.... >< I'd bring the Mai alt or attempt a quick dye job back to King XD I love this shampoo I have, it's a dye prep that gives me copper red hair Easy to go from light to dark with it (They'd prolly make me put something on under that Mai....)
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
Unread 12-15-2004, 01:01 AM   #10
videogamefanboy
The one and only

Who I have gone as

I have been Kensou, and Joe. For 2005 I am going to try K', Joe and Andy Bogard. Also a dream cosplay for me to do would be Hanso my avatiar.
Unread 12-15-2004, 01:09 AM   #11
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Hmm. I should start trying to gather SNK/KOF groups for future cons. >_> If only I could decide exactly what I'm wearing to future cons. ;-; I want to do lots of SNK stuff, but my other ideas keep getting in the way. Right now we're focused on Guilty Gear. =/ Nyar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealerKou
CHAOS version Athena.
It's really just "Athena" version Athena. XD It's how she first looked in 1986. I have some great oldschool artwork of her from then in a couple of my artbooks. Haha. The only real major difference between the Athena version and SVC Chaos version is that the SVC one is a little bit more spruced up. She doesn't have that red double ribbon thing with the purple stripes at the end in Athena, nor does she have the additional wrap around things on her upper thighs... Not like anyone would really know. T_T

Okay, I know you didn't ask for any comparison but I couldn't help myself. XD I love the outfit. I still wanna do it myself. ><

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealerKou
P.S. On the subject of Shiki, one of my friends did get her full tattoo. It's actually just the outline right now, because the coloring will be mucho expensive to finish, but it's pretty impressive. After she's done, she'll be making the costume.
That is insane. Like, in the amazingly awesome sort of way of being insane. That's major dedication; I'd love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadePocky
(They'd prolly make me put something on under that Mai....)
Yeah, they probably will. ^_^; I've only had problems at one con with any of my Mais... but.. x_X Is there any way you can add anything to the length? ;-;

Unread 12-15-2004, 02:15 AM   #12
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi
Yeah, they probably will. ^_^; I've only had problems at one con with any of my Mais... but.. x_X Is there any way you can add anything to the length? ;-;
Tights and spankies...Ah well........people have worn less and gotten away with it...
Unread 12-15-2004, 03:39 AM   #13
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadePocky
I have Mai's alternate from KoFMax Impact almost finished as well as a whole splay of King's different years (wig time! ><)...a friend wants me to do Shiki from SamSho, but I dunnnnno...get me someone who can draw snakes well!
Gah, Mai's my best character in most of SNK's fighters! ( I used to be a real Capcom diehard, but over the past few years, SNk has been alluring me over to their side.) Mai not only fit my style of play beautifully, she's also great for suprise attacks on opponents (especially the ariel moves)

Promise you'll let me take pics!

Anyhoo, I'll be going with a group this year as the cast of Metal Slug. I'll be going as "Marco Dennis Rossi", we've got a Tarma Roving the III, Fio, and an Eri. Still hoping to get ourselves a Nadia. (No Trevors...Trevor sucked almost as much as Metal Slug 4. Lol)
Cyan Bloodbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 07:48 AM   #14
Basara-kun

Thumbs up

That's cool
I want to make some SNK characters for next year... as I said in the old KOF post, I want to do Billy Kane , k9999 and make a 2000-2001 team, with an Iori, a Vanessa, a Seth and I as Ramon, will be go with a friends to make this team for some cosplay

And about another SNK chars, until now I want to recicle Basara (see him here) to make a mini SS team with a friend who goes as Gaira

Whose turn is it??
Basara-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 09:51 AM   #15
Eriol
Chiaroscuro

Too bad nearly none of the other SNK games outside of Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Last Blade, and Metal Slug were very memorable. heh

Maybe I'll do Elta from Magician Lord. XP

2012 Convention Schedule
Steampunk Worlds Fair | Otakon
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote