Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > SNK

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:00 AM   #16
HealerKou
A Leaf on the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi

It's really just "Athena" version Athena. XD It's how she first looked in 1986. I have some great oldschool artwork of her from then in a couple of my artbooks. Haha. The only real major difference between the Athena version and SVC Chaos version is that the SVC one is a little bit more spruced up. She doesn't have that red double ribbon thing with the purple stripes at the end in Athena, nor does she have the additional wrap around things on her upper thighs... Not like anyone would really know. T_T

Okay, I know you didn't ask for any comparison but I couldn't help myself. XD I love the outfit. I still wanna do it myself. ><
Yeah, that's actually what I meant because despite the differences being small, I like the CHAOS version better than the original, which to me was just plain and boring. Like she's fighting in a regular bathing suit. I actually have a gashapon of the original design.

We are...BATHING SUIT FIGHTERS! *flex*
HealerKou is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-15-2004, 10:01 AM   #17
HealerKou
A Leaf on the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriol
Too bad nearly none of the other SNK games outside of Samurai Shodown, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, Last Blade, and Metal Slug were very memorable. heh
Guerilla War, babeee!! XD
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:34 AM   #18
Eriol
Chiaroscuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealerKou
Guerilla War, babeee!! XD
Ok, can your boyfriend cosplay as one othe characters from Ikari Warriors!
XP

Hmm, Crystalis might be worthy, if I can figure out why the main characters have purple outfits. XP

2012 Convention Schedule
Steampunk Worlds Fair | Otakon
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #19
Seraphims
You don't Nyo me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadePocky
Oh dammit, now I gotta try making it to Ohayocon for at least one day.... >< I'd bring the Mai alt or attempt a quick dye job back to King XD I love this shampoo I have, it's a dye prep that gives me copper red hair Easy to go from light to dark with it (They'd prolly make me put something on under that Mai....)
Hehe, drop me a pm if you decide to go and I'll have to meet up with you for pictures, By Fiancee is going a K9999 also, so it'll be hot and fun:-)
Seraphims is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #20
HealerKou
A Leaf on the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriol
Ok, can your boyfriend cosplay as one othe characters from Ikari Warriors! XP
He COULD, but it would be really funny. XD Maybe someday! But hopefully not.

Quote:
Hmm, Crystalis might be worthy, if I can figure out why the main characters have purple outfits. XP
I can think of a reason! *cough*SUCK*cough*
Unread 12-15-2004, 12:55 PM   #21
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphims
Hehe, drop me a pm if you decide to go and I'll have to meet up with you for pictures, By Fiancee is going a K9999 also, so it'll be hot and fun:-)
I don't know if I can go or not, my boyfriend's 21st birthday is coming up and I wanna get him tickets to something rather fun in Chicago (can't say what in case he decides to hover behind me and sees this), but I'm in Portage, IN (right at the bottom of Lake Michigan)..if you guys take 80/90/94 to get back home, maybe we can meetup or something for lunch and random fun? (This place is too small for people ~_~ We have ONE main crossstreet ><)
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 09:06 PM   #22
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan Bloodbane
Anyhoo, I'll be going with a group this year as the cast of Metal Slug. I'll be going as "Marco Dennis Rossi", we've got a Tarma Roving the III, Fio, and an Eri. Still hoping to get ourselves a Nadia. (No Trevors...Trevor sucked almost as much as Metal Slug 4. Lol)
You mean the AX gathering? ^^; It'd be nice to see some Metal Slug characters among all the fighters. I haven't decided what I'm bringing to AX yet, at least not SNK wise. ><

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:05 PM   #23
Fallen_Magician
Bang bang! You alive?

For SNK I've done Marco Rossi, Kim Kap Hwan, Kyo Kusanagi(KOF2003 Costume) and Chris. I'm working on Kensou, Orochi Chris, and Hisame Shizumaru. I also have a bunch of others, but I'll reveal those later. ^_^

"In the end, We still rock."

Moogle Creator Center, open for business.
Contact me via E-Mail, AIM, or PM.
Fallen_Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:15 PM   #24
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Bah! >< The baby hit her 9 month growth spurt last week so I have to put off finishing her cos up till that's done with...so it looks like I'll have completed Mai pics up sooner than thought
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2004, 03:35 AM   #25
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

I'll be wearing it to AD this upcoming year... and I also don't know what other cons I'll be going to. As for the armour, I managed to fix the shoulders for halloween and they held fine... The chest piece was another story. That shouldn't take long to fix though... I'm thinking magnets.

Anyways, I don't know how much time I can spend fixing up the Charlotte costume as I have another costume in the works to debut at Anime Detour.

Plus I can't walk quickly in heels... that's a man for you.

Oh, and a fighting game character nobody knows about (It may be SNK, maybe not... it's that obscure.) Roomi. I'm going to try to pursuede those affiliated with me to make that costume and to be the "hero of the con," so to say. If you don't know what she looks like, do a google picture search for it.
Unread 12-16-2004, 11:53 AM   #26
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi
You mean the AX gathering? ^^; It'd be nice to see some Metal Slug characters among all the fighters. I haven't decided what I'm bringing to AX yet, at least not SNK wise. ><
Yep, the AX gathering. oh, and a little update, We'll also have a General Morden with us! (though, my friend who's going as Tarma is doing morden as well, so you'll never see them both at the same time)

Last edited by Cyan Bloodbane : 12-16-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Cyan Bloodbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2004, 03:14 PM   #27
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic_Catboy
Oh, and a fighting game character nobody knows about (It may be SNK, maybe not... it's that obscure.) Roomi. I'm going to try to pursuede those affiliated with me to make that costume and to be the "hero of the con," so to say. If you don't know what she looks like, do a google picture search for it.
Roomi's from a Neo Geo game called Galaxy Fight, but it's not by SNK. It's by Sunsoft, the people behind the funny fighting game Waku Waku 7. There's a lot of Neo Geo games that people tend to think are made by SNK just for being on the system, but that's not always true. ><

Unread 12-16-2004, 11:31 PM   #28
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

Ahhh! So someone else knows of this game! I really didn't know where the game came from, but that game only has one thing to offer... SNK or not... it's Roomi.
Unread 12-16-2004, 11:54 PM   #29
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I haven't played it but I'm familiar with it. I really loved Waku Waku 7 though. XD; Though I did hear the only good thing about Galaxy Fight was Roomi, haha.

As for SNK related stuff... Even though she isn't exactly an SNK character she's still KOF, but I really wanna cosplay Habana Moe from KOF EX. ;_; I forgot about her for a while, but I've wanted to be her since I saw her design. I love KOF EX and I really wanna get EX 2.. and Moe was one of the characters I remembered I could do perfectly when I got my bellybutton pierced.. XD and it's pierced now, so woot. I'll need another piercing in one ear before I match her, though. It's just finding a wig will be kinda hard. ><

Unread 12-17-2004, 12:16 AM   #30
G-Hawk
Metal Slug Cosplayer #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan Bloodbane
Yep, the AX gathering. oh, and a little update, We'll also have a General Morden with us! (though, my friend who's going as Tarma is doing morden as well, so you'll never see them both at the same time)
Hey now, as much as I like to believe I have General Morden ready to go, I don't. I know PARTS of what I need to get done to get him going, and I really want to do it....here's hoping.

Also, we need to get working on building a MOBS Mobile Satelite Defense Unit, and a boxing glove on a spring.