Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > SNK

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-17-2004, 01:00 PM   #31
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Hawk
Also, we need to get working on building a MOBS Mobile Satelite Defense Unit, and a boxing glove on a spring.
Well, the Punching glove/spring thing seems feesible...but how are we going to have the MOBS attached to us?

By the way, on that site, realt toy guns, I saw that they had a "Make a tank" competiton...We should email those kids that won, see if we can make ourselves a Super Vehicle 001 metal SLug out of a golf cart...or maybe a lawn mower....
Cyan Bloodbane is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2004, 12:23 AM   #32
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Having such a...general thread is confusing as hell...
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2004, 12:33 AM   #33
Fallen_Magician
Bang bang! You alive?

Renegade Pocky: I agree....but you can't blame them....not TOO much, at least...he he

"In the end, We still rock."

Moogle Creator Center, open for business.
Contact me via E-Mail, AIM, or PM.
Fallen_Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2004, 12:52 AM   #34
cactusmomma
Let's play!

I wonder..

Anyone think Admin would be ok with separating the game forum into little subdivisions of forums by company? That could alleviate a bit of 'where'd that damn thread go?'
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
Unread 12-18-2004, 01:13 AM   #35
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I think that'd be too much. The only reason there's a seperate FF forum is because we used to be absolutely overloaded with FF cosplay questions in the general video game forum. x_X;

It's not that confusing. I don't even understand why it is. If some people are talking about Metal Slug cosplay and you don't follow, just scroll past and talk about KOF or something. ^^;; You guys just made three totally off-topic posts, y'know, and it's starting to turn into the old thread. :P That is exactly what I was trying to avoid by making this. I made this so we could have an organized thread that wasn't cluttered by off-topic stuff, because the old KOF thread was barely even on topic and was really lengthy. x_x; The one before that one was pretty good, but it got lost.. and there was even another before that, I think. Oi!

Anyway. It looks like we'll have a rather varied turnout for the SNK vs Capcom gathering at AX next year. ^^ I think a thread for the gathering in the AX forum might be made rather soon, hehe. More Metal Slug characters have shown up in the fighting games made by SNK in recent years (before we had Fio as a striker in KOF, and now Marco as a major character in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum) so it's a fitting time to have a group of MS cosplayers show up with the rest. Sounds good to me.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Central in Rosemont, IL (May 16-18)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2004, 01:40 AM   #36
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi
Anyway. It looks like we'll have a rather varied turnout for the SNK vs Capcom gathering at AX next year. ^^ I think a thread for the gathering in the AX forum might be made rather soon, hehe. More Metal Slug characters have shown up in the fighting games made by SNK in recent years (before we had Fio as a striker in KOF, and now Marco as a major character in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum) so it's a fitting time to have a group of MS cosplayers show up with the rest. Sounds good to me.
Speaking of which, most of the MS crew will be in SNK's new fighter, "SNK Battle Colleseum".

Anyways, a MOBS would be kinda hard to carry around I think. The punching glove, while a good idea, has to be weighted properly. Otherwise, it'll just drag on the ground, or break off the spring/slinky. whatever we use, anyways.

Last edited by Cyan Bloodbane : 12-18-2004 at 03:38 AM.
Unread 12-18-2004, 02:52 AM   #37
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan Bloodbane
Speaking of which, most of the MS crew will be in SNK's new fighter, "SNK Battle Colleseum".
Err I said in my post that Marco is going to be in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. I don't remember any other Metal Slug characters. ^^; And there is no SNK Battle Coliseum. XD;

By the way, I made threads for SNK/KOF gatherings at both major cons this year if anyone is interested. ^^

Anime Expo: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=49963
Otakon: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=49964

Unread 12-18-2004, 03:40 AM   #38
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Quote:
Err I said in my post that Marco is going to be in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. I don't remember any other Metal Slug characters. ^^; And there is no SNK Battle Coliseum. XD;
Neo Geo/SNK...Same difference.

So far, only Marco has been confirmed, but i'm usre I've heard that either Eri or Fio will be in the game as well...maybe they'll put the martian back in.
Unread 12-18-2004, 05:41 AM   #39
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Actually, there's a big difference. :P Especially when defining things for cosplay purposes, because a lot of people get confused easily (as I was saying earlier). Neo Geo is a gaming system, and SNK is a company. There are non-SNK characters in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, because they're from games that were simply on the Neo Geo. @_@; So it's not exactly an SNK equivalent of Capcom Fighting Evolution or anything. ^^; I'm surprised they didn't put more non-SNK Neo Geo fighters in there though.

Unread 12-18-2004, 11:50 AM   #40
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Quote:
Actually, there's a big difference. :P Especially when defining things for cosplay purposes, because a lot of people get confused easily (as I was saying earlier). Neo Geo is a gaming system, and SNK is a company. There are non-SNK characters in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, because they're from games that were simply on the Neo Geo. @_@; So it's not exactly an SNK equivalent of Capcom Fighting Evolution or anything. ^^; I'm surprised they didn't put more non-SNK Neo Geo fighters in there though.
Yes but, the Neo Geo system was made by SNK. it's there baby. Just like my Neo Geo pocket colour, which is made by SNK. It's the same company.

woops, getting off topic. sorry.
Unread 12-18-2004, 02:15 PM   #41
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Speaking of the Battle Colesseum, more artwork of the different characters are going up now http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/n...ery/index.html
Shiki is so awesome...anyone have any recommendations for body paint?

I DARE someone to do Mudman! XD
Unread 12-18-2004, 03:33 PM   #42
G-Hawk
Metal Slug Cosplayer #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan Bloodbane
Well, the Punching glove/spring thing seems feesible...but how are we going to have the MOBS attached to us?
You have pliers? Even if you don't, I do. I also have a lot of wire coat hangers willing to sacrifice themselves. I should draw plans...you have paint, don't you? Let's get some empty soup cans, tape and glue and make a satellite already.
Unread 12-18-2004, 09:09 PM   #43
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Hawk
You have pliers? Even if you don't, I do. I also have a lot of wire coat hangers willing to sacrifice themselves. I should draw plans...you have paint, don't you? Let's get some empty soup cans, tape and glue and make a satellite already.
Do you have a hot glue gun? That'd be a real help. So soup cans, some soda cans (cut those up I guess).
Unread 12-19-2004, 12:06 AM   #44
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

Mmmmmmm.... I want to cosplay Asura (or Yuda) so badly, but I think the costume would be incredibly hard to create... and where's Charlotte in all of this? Why does every compilation game have to cut out my honey?

Also... I believe that "Mudman" is in actuality a woman... though I'm not sure, because s/he comes from a crappy crappy game.
Unread 12-19-2004, 12:51 AM   #45
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic_Catboy
Also... I believe that "Mudman" is in actuality a woman... though I'm not sure, because s/he comes from a crappy crappy game.
It's an excuse to walk around with a ginormous tiki mask! What's not to love about that?