Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > SNK

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-29-2004, 12:06 AM   #61
Eikjen
Lupine Poet

Could anyone help me with a cosplay outfit for Clark Still? I only really need help with the vest, like what material to use. I'm thinking about going to a con in july so there is no hurry. Also if someone is willing to make it I'll pay depending on the cost. I'm new at cosplay so if I sound too newbish please feel free to flame me (ok maybe not but hey). I'll be greatful for any help. The image I'm looking at is here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o/clarkweb.jpg Thanks in advanced!
Eikjen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2004, 02:04 AM   #62
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Have you checked ebay or any army surplus store? They usually have things like that there.
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2004, 02:00 PM   #63
Eikjen
Lupine Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadePocky
Have you checked ebay or any army surplus store? They usually have things like that there.
I hadn't thought of that . Forgive me as it was 1 AM when I posted. Thanks.

edit------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I'll ask my bro if he has any of his old stuff from the army... army surplus store are expensive... at least online.

Last edited by Eikjen : 12-29-2004 at 03:14 PM. Reason: avoiding double post
Unread 12-29-2004, 09:57 PM   #64
cactusmomma
Let's play!

No prob. I know the feeling well ~_~ (Daughter's been teething and nights have run late XD)

Anyways...anyone know where I could prolly find a jingle type bell that's bigger than 3 inches? Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Michael's and Ebay have turned up nada :\
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
Unread 12-30-2004, 02:09 PM   #65
Eikjen
Lupine Poet

Well, even If I cant get a hold on what I need. I can still do Ryo. I have about 3 spare gis in my house from karate... Just need to dye one orange. and I can order an embroidered black belt. one question though, are the kanji on his belt his name or what? :::wishes he could read kanji better:::
Unread 12-30-2004, 02:52 PM   #66
cactusmomma
Let's play!

I'll ask someone tonight..by the by..what area do you live in? XP
Unread 12-30-2004, 09:38 PM   #67
Eikjen
Lupine Poet

Indiana, I'm hoping to go to Ikasucon in Ohio... I hope I can, cause I've only been to C-kon in South Bend, IN last year (2003, not 2004 just in case your in 2005 already).
Unread 12-30-2004, 09:55 PM   #68
cactusmomma
Let's play!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHICH PART? XD

(I need an excuse to die my hair blonde again..boyfriend isn't taking lone King cosplaying as a good answer. I need people to play with in the snow!)

By the by...screw the Mai bell...found a big gold plastic Christmas ornament..an awl and some wire cutters are doing the trick just lovely ~_~

And cause I'm sorta new to the midwest....when is C-kon? South Bend isn't too far away....

Last edited by cactusmomma : 12-30-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Unread 12-30-2004, 10:18 PM   #69
Eikjen
Lupine Poet

well its sponsered by the local college's anime club and it didnt happen this year, although I dont know why. It was really small. I live in Carmel which has a big stereotype with it... which I hate with a passion (people known for being rich and snobby). btw... isnt mai's hair brown?
Unread 12-31-2004, 04:03 PM   #70
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Yes, Mai's hair is brown ('cept for some alternates @_@) but RenegadePocky first cosplayed King.. and does so more often and well.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2004, 04:12 PM   #71
Eikjen
Lupine Poet

by chance would you know a an online store that sells military items for cheap? I dont care if its real or costume. I can't find any place that sells a vest like Clark wears for less than $25, and eBay is notorious for having people sell poor quality stuff in the military category. Otherwise I'm gonna do Ryo cause I have %85 of the costume ready.
Unread 12-31-2004, 04:49 PM   #72
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Sankyu Michi <3

Eikjen: Aside from ebay..the only thing I can think of is google, jeeves, whatever your favorite search engine may be..even check the classifieds of local newspapers..

Anyways...my Mai alternate is finished.. http://images.cosplay.com/showgaller...36&userid=7126 Just gotta figure out how to support the tail better....
edit: Anyone know where to find flesh colored tights? XD

Last edited by cactusmomma : 12-31-2004 at 04:57 PM.
Unread 01-01-2005, 10:37 PM   #73
Eikjen
Lupine Poet

it looks cool!
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:08 AM   #74
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Maybe you can make a stronger base for the tail that can be hidden under the obi?

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 03:53 AM   #75
cactusmomma
Let's play!

The tail tucks into a little hole so it can be supported around my waist...I'm thinking quilting safety pins might work just as well though..gonna try it once I get this bell (cracked and went commission lol)..that way it won't lose much form since the thing is so formfitting and snug >: