Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 01-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #1
Usagi1818
Behold The Power Of Chiis

Idea for a Duo Cosplay

Well, I finally bagged me a boyfriend who goes to cons and doesn't mind cosplaying! However, I can't seem to come up with two characters similar to us we can cosplay as a duo for. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some ideas.

Basically here's what we look like:

He's 6'2" and has a strong build

I'm 5'2" (yeah, a whole FOOT shorter) and a small build

The characters I've cosplayed that I've resembled the most were Chii and Rikku (I'm small and blonde). He...hmm... I dunno. Most of the male characters I can think of are tall but kinda scrawny. He has very broad shoulders and a strong build (think somewhere along the lines of Auron from FFX, where he's tall but he's not skinny). So I dunno, it's really hard for me to think of anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Usagi1818 : 01-01-2005 at 04:57 PM.
Usagi1818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Would you be against a Mamoru and Usagi or Tuxedo Kamen and Sailor Moon couple? You have the heights for it. Rikku and Auron, your own example, would be great. Maybe he can be Hideki to your Chii? Hideki isn't that scrawny that it'd look bad if he was built. ^^

A lot of anime guys are lanky, but some of them wouldn't look bad if they were done by guys that weren't exactly sticks. Something like Touga and Utena from Shoujo Kakumei Utena would probably work, for example, or even Akio with Utena... or since you're blonde, Touga and Nanami. ^_^;

CLAMP guys are good for tall guys. They're usually lanky looking, but have broad shoulders. Like the Utena guys. For CLAMP couples, well... Hikaru in Rayearth is known for being short, and she gets paired up with both Eagle and Lantis in the second series. They're both much taller than her. There's also Emeraude and Zagato in the first series, which is perfect since Emeraude is a tiny blonde. ^^; Primera and Lantis would work too if you wanna be a fairy. XD Primera is only a few inches tall so being really short is good.

Arrrgh I'm blanking out for now. Maybe more later. ^^;

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
topleka
The Tin Dog

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=49987
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=47088
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=31358

^-^ You might find these threads interesting.

Last edited by topleka : 01-01-2005 at 06:44 PM.
topleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 12:36 AM   #4
Usagi1818
Behold The Power Of Chiis

Oooh interesting suggestions.

I guess my main concern is my bf. I'm short and slender so I'm pretty much 1/2 of the female anime characters out there lol. But he's so tall and so... not skinny lol. Come to think about it Rikku and Auron is not that bad, however I do want to try something different for myself as well.
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:13 AM   #5
MercilessHeart
Devious Dresser

My boyfriend and I were thinking of Integra and Alucard from Hellsing. The coat could be a good choice for your boyfriend if he's not too skinny. Or maybe a good old fashioned Kagome and Inuyasha... those clothes are baggy as well. Of course, if he doesn't like squating he might not like Inu. xD Oh and Miyu and Larva is a good choice as well. Anyway good luck, couples are fun!

.::. Walk Among the Dead .::.
MercilessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:40 AM   #6
Natchan
Dare to Live

I'm going to agree with the clamp couples because the men are usually tall and the girls are typically short. You could go as Sorata and Arashee, Useriya and Mr.Kusenagi, Kanoe and Yuuto, Kamui and Kotor(X), Hideki and Chii(Chobits), Esmeralde and Lagato, Eagle and Hikaru, Umi and Asscot(Rayearth). Or you guys could go as Tamahome and Miaka, Hotohori and Miaka, Hotohori and Hoki, ohohoh or Nakago and Yui, Nakago and Soy(Fushigi Yugi). There is also Samanosuke and Ms. Megumi, or Aoshi and Ms. Misao(Kenshin). You can also go as Orphen and Cleo(Orphen). Well here are some ideas I hope you enjoy them, and I hope they help.
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 02:00 AM   #7
Tia

You know, it might be cool to see somebody do Rikku and Auron as a couple. I've seen a lot of people who support that pairing. It could be really cute ^_^
Unread 01-02-2005, 02:05 AM   #8
Natchan
Dare to Live

Hey yeah Rikku and Auron would be cute, I would approve of that set up.
Natchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #9
AnimegirlParnaz
Persian Cosplayer

How about Excel and Illpalazzo( I might of mispelled his name) from Excel Saga, Usagi1818 ?
AnimegirlParnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:15 PM   #10
Tia

Or that dying chick, maybe.
Unread 01-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #11
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia
Or that dying chick, maybe.
You mean Hyatt.

Shinigami Photos