Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ohayocon

Unread 12-26-2004, 11:45 PM   #1
Sakana_Janai

But why Saturday, WHY?!

I'm a bit miffed.

I just found out that one of my boyfriend's best friends (who I know as well) is getting married on the Saturday of Ohayocon! We knew it was in January, but that day out of all days! Ugg, why would *anyone* get married on a con weekend!!

Now I have to miss out on all the fun events that Saturday (afternoon at least) is sure to bring, as well as maybe the Cowboy Bebop photoshoot which I helped bring to life! ahhh, its so frusterating! I was so excited about going all 3 days and finally being a true "congoer" (since we usually just go one day) but now we're probably going down there on Friday, driving home on Saturday, depending on how long we're at the reception driving back down on Saturday and hopefully still going to the con, then con-going Sunday then driving back up. ::sigh::

So I've promised myself, when I get married, I'm going to make sure that there isn't a con that weekend! Anyways, has anyone else run into a problem like this???

Unread 12-26-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
Tia

Why not save the mess and just get married at a con? Roy and Amy did...
Unread 12-27-2004, 12:36 AM   #3
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

Aww I'm sorry about that. Well Ohayocon is a 24 hour con, so there's bound to be events going on when you get back. I'd rather get married in the spring and summer, maybe early fall so I wouldn't have to worry about all the cold and snow in Ohio.

I'm sure I'll get to see you though! =)
Unread 12-28-2004, 02:29 PM   #4
ArsenalFierce13
Resident Goddess

That's so disappointing. I remember at my first con, my friends and I wanted to be in the masquerade, but it ended up being the same night as our school talent show, which we were also in. So we had to miss most of the Sat. con stuff ourselves.

So I guess this means you won't be able to do a Bebop skit, huh? I had PMed you about doing one after I saw your post on the Bebop thread.

Costumes, costumes, la la la! http://www.chicagocostume.com

Cosplay wish list: Faye Valentine masquerade gown (Cowboy Bebop), Lehas (Magna Carta), Gaara (Naruto), Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko),Setsuka (Soul Calibur III), Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors 5)
ArsenalFierce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2004, 02:32 PM   #5
MemoriesofYuna
The Lonely Princess

heh. to avoid problems that might conflict like this we would TOTALLY get married right at the con. im sorry you have to miss it. i can't attend at all. -Aseret yuna
Unread 12-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #6
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

I think everyone is assuming that Sakana's boyfriend's friend would want to get married at an anime con. I don't know if she mentioned if he is even into anime or not. So I don't know... Not everyone would want to do that though. I love anime conventions, but I personally, would never get married at one. It's just too otaku for me. I'll take a nice church any day. Though if I ever do get married, I'm sure I'll find a way to toss cosplay into it. I've been thinking of doing a variation between Garnet's gown and Yuna's wedding dress. But that's a long ways off, if ever. so... yeah. =P
Unread 12-28-2004, 03:47 PM   #7
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

Yeah, I think if I were to ever get married the design of my gown would definately be anime inspired. I'm all about lacy sparkly things! ^_^
I wouldn't get married at a con either....Bobbi is right...it's way too otaku. (hates being called that) I want a garden wedding personally!

I'm so sorry you can't make it Sakana! But at least we'll be able to catch you later in the weekend right?
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #8
Protodoll
rocketpunched!

This reminds me of an article in the Onion a long while back. It was written by a guy (well, not really "written", just... you know how the Onion is. XD;; ) very much like The comic book Guy in the Simpsons who wouldn't attend his best friend's wedding because of a weekend-long marathon of his favourite show. So, at first I thought Sakana was going to say that they wouldn't be going to the wedding. Which would be so rude.
So good for you, Sakana! Never let fandom come before the feelings of someone important!
Protodoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2004, 11:47 PM   #9
Sakana_Janai

aww thanks you guys! I prolly won't be in a skit now, sorry, esp if the cosplay would be like last time I went to one and it took all day. :frown:: but I'll definately come and watch if I get there on time!!

Yeah I'm going to go to his wedding, or course. Although I don't know him as well as the boyfriend does, I do know him a little and think he's a nice guy, and his fiance is nice too. He likes anime, of course not as much as my boyfriend and I do, but I don't see him getting married at the con!

I don't think I personally would get married at a con... even though both my boyfriend and I really like anime, I really want a traditional- big white dress- tuxes- and lots of flowers wedding. Maybe getting engaged or something of that sort I'd be into- but not a wedding. Maybe a wedding *party*... hehe

Otherwise I'm really excited about the con! I got the weekend off, so I'm ready to PARTY!!!
Unread 01-05-2005, 05:17 PM   #10
Rameana
Space Lion

Are we still doing this? Because I still need to pick up a few things.. but if we are unble to let me know.
Rameana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 05:31 PM   #11
NecromanticChii
Mishikotoko

I think it would be very interesting to get married at a con. ^_^ Go as a couple out of someting and get married. Awwwwwwww
Deunan Knute- Appleseed- 30% done
Custom Rave outfit- 60% Done
NecromanticChii is offline   Reply With Quote