Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Virginia Cosplay Society

Unread 01-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #1
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Summer Gathering 2005

I was thinking that maybe we should do a non-convention gathering over the summer. Those of us that are in school should be out and it'll give us time to play dress up with our fellow VA cosplayers.

I think the next gathering for the Cville folks was going to be themed. It was either for the Cville people or for VA cosplayers as a whole, not sure. Also we had an idea to do a Alice in Wonderland reenactment. Open to ideas really.

Also, giving enough heads-up would let us decide on a location where most of us could probably meet. I don't mind doing a little road trip just as long as it's not across the state.

I would really like to push for a giant VA cosplayer gathering since I may be going to school out-of-state next year.

Thoughts?

Side note: Happy New Year everybody! Maybe next year (*cough* this year) we should have a New Year's Eve party!

Last edited by Riji : 01-01-2005 at 01:15 AM.
Riji is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2005, 01:41 AM   #2
bigwil
Photo Pirate Yarr!

Talking

Happy New Years!!!...cons apenty..Hmmm..sound like a plan in progress...More ppls to get a solid plan..on where,when...why(lol)...alice in wonderland...I'll do the cheschire cat..or a card guy...just a thought... ..more input...more input...bzzzzttt!

Taking Pitures,check'em out!...wanna shoot,pm here or therehttp://www.facebook.com/TGPhotographyAndArt

Cosplays:Serious Bizness Kabuki,Various civilian Kamen Rider and Sentai and AbareRed(Abarangers/Dino thunder)
Upcomin' projects:
Possibles:
Cons 2014
Katsucon
Rofcon?
Anime Mid Atlantic
Animazement
Otakon
AWA?
A-USA?
Nekocon
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
sorachan

I think a gathering would be awesome! I'm not sure what's really a convenient place for everyone to meet. I guess C'ville has the plus of being right off of 64. Although maybe somewhere like DC would be better--there would be a wider variety of places to gather. Or Richmond, perhaps? Since it's right in the middle of the state, basically....

I'm just throwing stuff out there, cause I would love to meet some other Va cosplayers, esp. C'ville cosplayers. I don't actually know anyone from my home town who cosplays ^_^.

Also, if there is going to be a theme, it should probably be kind of open, or loose, since not everyone will have watched the same stuff etc.
sorachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #4
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

We could do a picnic since it would be summer and all! I mean the blue ridge parkway/ skyline drive (or somewhere else) is beautiful and would make a great place to get pics of everyone in costume! and also can i suggest we do it on a sat that way I can come? b/c I work during the week but if we do it on a weekend I can get off at least one day and come down for a long weekend!(since i go to college in NC I live w/ my parents and work there for half the summer so Ill probaly be there when theres a gathering!)

*edit- and I was gonna mention the blue ridge picnic thing for the c-ville cosplay thing so either way i think its a good idea and i had someone e-mail me saying they would love to come and take pics if we do have gatherings, but they havnt gotten back to me on that yet.

Last edited by Star_Angel : 01-02-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
Riji
Everybody Go Go

*cough*

I'm planning to have a formal teaparty for my birthday this year, which falls in early June, so that's another opportunity for a gathering. I need an excuse to make a really good egl dress.

Maybe to have two gatherings over the summer, counting my birthday party?
Unread 01-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #6
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
*cough*

I'm planning to have a formal teaparty for my birthday this year, which falls in early June, so that's another opportunity for a gathering. I need an excuse to make a really good egl dress.

Maybe to have two gatherings over the summer, counting my birthday party?
Ooooo I have a secret that im gonna do for your b-day but before it b/c I might not (Might but I may) be home on your b-day b/c it's also my dads b-day! but I will see you at Az (hmm maybe that could be this before your b-day time???) ok I'll stop taunting you! lol
Unread 01-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #7
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Angel
Ooooo I have a secret that im gonna do for your b-day but before it b/c I might not (Might but I may) be home on your b-day b/c it's also my dads b-day! but I will see you at Az (hmm maybe that could be this before your b-day time???) ok I'll stop taunting you! lol
Aww, do I even get a hint? ^__^

Thanks for the thought!
Unread 01-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #8
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
Aww, do I even get a hint? ^__^

Thanks for the thought!
Nope no hint for you!! lol, you'll just have to find out in May! (a whole 4 months away, bwa-hahaha!)
Unread 02-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #9
zekitty
Come along to rainbowland

Wellz, I think a Summer Gathering would be t3h awesomeoness! ^-^ (Yesh, I have (a very crappy) access to the 'Net here in Texas, I'll be heading home tomorrow and will start posting from home again on Thursday.) Unfortunately, I don't think my parents would let me go... >.> They're here in the room with me and I asked them if it would be possble for me to make a trip to Cville during the Summer after school lets out. They don't really like the idea... >.>

Send me pictures of it when it comes around! XDD
San (Princess Mononoke)
Mamimi Samejima (FLCL)
Mika Itoh (Bible Black) -- maybe
Incredibly rainbowy raver

zekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2005, 07:25 AM   #10
gargoylekitty
fallen and can't get up

A summer get together would definately be something worth looking into. Summertime's always so boring for me and this would be just the thing to spruce it up.
gargoylekitty is offline   Reply With Quote