Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Unread 01-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #1
AngelicSorrow
Returning to the past

Unhappy Need some for Naruto shoes!

I really need some help since well...Yep...I am going to Katsucon and I need tips on how to make them so they actually look good...Yep...I'm a pretty good rusher...And I really don't care about the cost I just need them done...
I was thinking about buying some boots, adding some buckles and painting it blue...and maybe hacking them up to make them look like the Naruto shoes/sandels.
Any better ideas? PLEASE HELP ME?!!!
~Niko
AngelicSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #2
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Take some thick stretchy blue fabric and sew them onto a pair of fabric slippers with the top cut off. The fabric on the slippers will give you something to sew onto and the soles won't look huge and thick like boot soles are.

I haven't watched any Naruto lately, but from what I remember, the characters' shoes don't have buckles on them. They just seem kinda "plush" at the toe and around the top, so you can just use a little strip of quilt batting or just fold up some random fabric and stuff it with that to get the same effect.

You'd also probably get more replies if you posted in the anime/manga section since most people know it for the anime/manga rather than the games.

Next Convention: Youmacon
2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Amy the Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #3
StarDustShadow
Touch fuzzy get dizzy

There are quite a few threads about the naruto sandals around, try typing Naruto shoes or Naruto sandals into the search, and in the Naruto thread, someone posted a amazingly helpful pattern to use (name escapes me as to who, but they're totally my hero).

I second Amy the Yu too, i just watched Naruto yesterday for hours, and thier sandals don't have any buckles on them ^_^ Good luck with them though, and i'll probably be seeing you around at Katsucon!

**Taking wig commissions! =D PM for details <3**
StarDustShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 07:30 AM   #4
AngelicSorrow
Returning to the past

Really? The boots don't have any buckles? Hmmm... Maybe the picture that I found of INo was a fan made one...That must explain it...Thank you!

Hehehe...Whoops! Sorry! I guess I wasn't paying attention to when I put this up I'll go ask an administrator right away to move it, and thank you again for the help!
~Niko
AngelicSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 07:27 PM   #5
ArimaSoichiro
I want a mechanical torii

I don't know if many people know of this but I thought I'd just say this. If you have the money and the patience (geh, don't know if I spelled that right). The site http//:http://www.****.com/ is about to make their REALLY good sandals again. You should really check it out, although I don't know the quality of it myself, it looks pretty good. Currently they aren't taking orders so soon, but Later on they will. I plan on getting my Sandals from there. So what does everyone else think? But remember money though, so if you want to make your own feel free to do so, but if you're lazy and have the money try this site out. Well the **** is Konoha Imports. I guess I broke some rule or did something wrong... SORRY! Didn't mean to. -_-

Last edited by ArimaSoichiro : 01-05-2005 at 07:32 PM.
ArimaSoichiro is offline   Reply With Quote