Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 01-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Cosplay gathering/trip?

Wheee!!! Using the random cosplay section, YAY!!

Okay, there was all sorts of talk about photoshoots and stuff in the fall and before x-mas, and most of it has turned to dead threads.

Bowling's still a few day's off and I'm already thinking about the next one.

Does anyone else feel the need for some sort of gathering or trip that we can do in costume? P Mall turned into a lack of cosplay type random gathering, and from reading the skating thread, not many seem that thrilled at venturing out onto the ice in costume.

How about a photoshoot at one of the locations previous discussed (like the indoor garden thingie), or we go and take over P Mall and Dreamland in full (but comfortable and mobile) cosplay style?

Anyone else itching to break out a costume and go make asses of ourselves?

EDIT: Looks like lots of people are willing to go make asses of themselves w/ me. ^^;;

Here's the info:

REQUIREMENT: MUST dress up somehow. Doesn't have to be full costume (even though some of us will be), but no regular everyday street clothes. Even just a tail or a wig would do.

Date: Saturday February 26, 2005
Destination: Pacific Mall/Market Village
Map Location: Northeast corner of Steeles and Kennedy Road (Markham)

Pacific Mall meet up info:

Location: Orbit arcade entrance, 2nd floor of Pacific Mall (look for the freaks in costume)
Time: 12:00pm Noon (we will wait for a little bit until we think everyone has arrived)

TTC Station meet up info (2 meet ups):

Location: Kennedy Station, ground floor @ the 43 Kennedy bus platform (right beside the mini-convenience store)
Time: 11:00am

OR

Location: Finch Station, gound floor @ the 53 Steeles East bus platform
Time: 11:00am

NOTE: Show up EARLY. Once 11am has arrived, we will take the first bus from each location to Pacific Mall. If you're late, just ask the bus driver if the bus will go to Pacific Mall and meet up at the 12pm meet up location. The bus ride should take about 40-45 minutes to reach P Mall, no transfers required from either location.

Dinner

Dinner will be at Sci Fi, located at Duffrin and Steeles, a theme restaurant that's also a sci-fi store. Great burgers!

Chibik3r0 and SomethingCatchy are being nice enough to offer rides to upto 8-9 people beside themselves from P Mall to Sci Fi. Car ride arrangements will be determined at P Mall and who gets a ride will be determined by our nice drivers since it's their cars.

Everyone who wants to go to Sci Fi, but miss out on the car rides will need to take the bus. Long bus rides aren't too fun, but it's a good chance to scare more people with the strange costumes. ^^

Next Convention: Youmacon
2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...

Last edited by Amy the Yu : 02-07-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Amy the Yu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
Seed-chan
{ S I N N E R }

DREAMLAND! YAY!

...and that concludes my comments =D You know I'm in...

"Never trust anyone."
Seed-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 09:53 PM   #3
Katsuyuki_Shiro
A Retired Mr. Zelos

XD Dreamland~!! It would be so funny to go there for a photoshoot... We can probably circle around the roulette game again! XD... P-mall's also right beside Market Square where Dreamland is so.. It's all good ^^
Katsuyuki_Shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 09:56 PM   #4
Edgar Strife
Thinking & Planning....

Hum........another gathering event? Sounds like a great plan, but it depends on what day its going be on and where its going to take place. This time I may be able to cosplay that is if I'm able to make on that day.
Edgar Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki_Shiro
P-mall's also right beside Market Square where Dreamland is so.. It's all good ^^
Pst! It's Market Village.

We can invade the arcade in P Mall again and get it on all sweaty and stinky with some cosplay DDR-ing and play some more Super Bishi Bashi Champ. XD

2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:17 PM   #6
Katsuyuki_Shiro
A Retired Mr. Zelos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy the Yu
Pst! It's Market Village.

We can invade the arcade in P Mall again and get it on all sweaty and stinky with some cosplay DDR-ing and play some more Super Bishi Bashi Champ. XD
<.< >.>... I wonder where "Square" came from... ^^;;.. Probably because I went to Metro Square today...

XD!! Bishi Bashi~!! TT.TT I stopped playing it because my friend kept on beating me in it... But!! I will be one of those people who will cosplay and be DDR-ing! XD... I'll also play Initial D... That is.. If I ever get around to it... <.<
Katsuyuki_Shiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #7
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki_Shiro
<.< >.>... I wonder where "Square" came from... ^^;;.. Probably because I went to Metro Square today...

XD!! Bishi Bashi~!! TT.TT I stopped playing it because my friend kept on beating me in it... But!! I will be one of those people who will cosplay and be DDR-ing! XD... I'll also play Initial D... That is.. If I ever get around to it... <.<
I'm up for more hand numbing (literally) Bishi Bashi. It's one of the few games I've come across that doesn't give me anxiety attacks when I play cause it's so simple and the tasks are so pointless (re: bride throwing a pie into the pews).

I'd be up for trying another suck ass try at DDR as well, but there being so many people at the arcade all the time and me sucking so badly, I don't have guts to go play.

Unread 01-04-2005, 10:31 PM   #8
hikarilight
Finder of Truth

Since I missed the random Pmall invasion, I've been itching for the next one to come up Plus this gives me a chance to stop by Curry's, an art store in the same area ^^
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:44 PM   #9
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarilight
Since I missed the random Pmall invasion, I've been itching for the next one to come up Plus this gives me a chance to stop by Curry's, an art store in the same area ^^
Yay! Come with, come with. Curry's actually part of the plaza section of Market Village.

I think we all felt naked going out w/o costumes or something. After all the talk about how inappropriate costumes would be for P Mall and stuff, people were regretting not cosplaying...except for Mekou who semi-cosplayed.

Unread 01-04-2005, 10:57 PM   #10
hikarilight
Finder of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy the Yu
Yay! Come with, come with. Curry's actually part of the plaza section of Market Village.

I think we all felt naked going out w/o costumes or something. After all the talk about how inappropriate costumes would be for P Mall and stuff, people were regretting not cosplaying...except for Mekou who semi-cosplayed.
Yea, that's what I meant ^^;; *feels loved* <3~
Unread 01-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #11
Mekou
Meow~

>> play some more Super Bishi Bashi Champ.

Someone should bring a bucket of ice for the players then. XD

>> people were regretting not cosplaying...except for Mekou who semi-cosplayed.

XD Yay for semi-cosplay!

I should have an upgraded Neji done sometime soon. Or I could wear Chouji. ^_^ Rawr! :B

Anime North 2013
- Fionna (Adventure Time)
- GT Jade (Homestuck)

--
Con/Event Photos / CosplayLab / DeviantArt / Tumblr
Mekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 12:05 AM   #12
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

Forgive my ignorance .... Dreamland? o_O?

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 12:22 AM   #13
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia
Forgive my ignorance .... Dreamland? o_O?
The kiddie arcade in Market Village.

It's like Chuck E Cheese, but with a more gambler feel and all Asian-ized. =D

Chef went nuts in there (as did Paul) and got cute little souvenirs for everyone that went with his winnings. ^^ Gotta love the monkeys.

We wanted to all pile into the little rides they had there for some photo ops, but there was a weight limit and stuff, so we couldn't...

Unread 01-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #14
Wing_Goddess
• • Zetsuboushita!!! • •

Any estimate time as to when this will be? it sounds like fun ^_^

ANIME NORTH 2O11 • CNA 2O11
★ Hannah Anafeloz [Kuroshitsuji] ★
Wing_Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 01:30 AM   #15
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

I just came up with the idea randomly and wanted to drag a few people down with me while cosplaying in public.

Anyone have a timeline to suggest? I don't think anything's really going on at the end of January. University students are still just getting into the winter term and high school students should have just barely finished exams. Sound good maybe?