Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 01-05-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Danielle Devill
Danielle Deville

Exclamation CN Anime 2003 Masquerade Video??

Just wondering...does ANYONE out there have a copy of the CN Anime 2003 Masquerade on video (not the one that just passed (2004), but the *2003* one)???

If anyone can help that would be great!! Please PLEASE email me at: fourballoons@hotmail.com

We can talk about how to handle this/payment/shipping/whatever in email.

Thank you in advance...

Last edited by Danielle Devill : 01-06-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Danielle Devill is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #2
Kia
Queen of Tacky Costumes

A tape of the 2003 CN masquerade has never turned up. At least not one *I've* personally seen ... or heard word of. Last discussion of this was here:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=19631
and here: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=23634

I actually haven't seen one of this past year either, but at least I don't think it's for the same reason as in 2003.

Good Luck with your search though. Let me know if anything comes of it. ^_^

[Kia's 2012 Convention Season:]
[Con-G - Ad Astra 31 - Anime North - Polaris 26]

[Planned costumes for 2012:]
[NEW: Suki/Lily/Mime]
[TO FINISH: Sakura/Ayumi
]
Kia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
Danielle Devill
Danielle Deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kia
A tape of the 2003 CN masquerade has never turned up. At least not one *I've* personally seen ... or heard word of. Last discussion of this was here:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=19631
and here: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=23634

I actually haven't seen one of this past year either, but at least I don't think it's for the same reason as in 2003.

Good Luck with your search though. Let me know if anything comes of it. ^_^

Oh wow..seems others are looking for the same thing and I'm not alone...

Well hopefully something has surfaced by now...

Last edited by Danielle Devill : 01-06-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Danielle Devill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
JustinCredible
FunPloyee Of The Year!

I certainly would like a copy of last years (2004) and the year before (what you have of it). I too haven't heard of someone with the latter half. Sorry
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
shdwstrm
SAKURA Member #1

Thats all you're gonna get for the 2003 masq video. About halfway through the show, the managers of the theatre had a cow that we were taping the masq on the Canadian Idol stage. (The logo is painted on the stage and because hobbystar is not affiliated with Canadian Idol or CTV, it would be copyright infringement) Apparently video clearance wasn't discussed prior to the masq and consequently, the video got shut down. Thats the backstory. Stupid Canadian Idol Guys! Unless Hobbystar wants to pay a crapload to cover royalties and keeping the head honchos at Canadian Idol and CTV happy, I'm afraid you won't see any more CnAnime masq videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Devill
Just wondering...does ANYONE out there have a copy of the CN Anime 2003 Masquerade on video (not the one that just passed (2004), but the *2003* one)???

I'm desperately searching for a complete version. The only copy I have is merely up to entry #30 (which is only HALF of the entire show)....so I'm desperately looking for the last half of it...

If anyone can help that would be great!! Please PLEASE email me at: fourballoons@hotmail.com

We can talk about how to handle this/payment/shipping/whatever in email. We can even do a swap if you need to (I have the first half if you need it, as well as copies of several other Toronto masquerades)...

Thank you in advance...
shdwstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwstrm
Thats all you're gonna get for the 2003 masq video. About halfway through the show, the managers of the theatre had a cow that we were taping the masq on the Canadian Idol stage. (The logo is painted on the stage and because hobbystar is not affiliated with Canadian Idol or CTV, it would be copyright infringement) Apparently video clearance wasn't discussed prior to the masq and consequently, the video got shut down. Thats the backstory. Stupid Canadian Idol Guys! Unless Hobbystar wants to pay a crapload to cover royalties and keeping the head honchos at Canadian Idol and CTV happy, I'm afraid you won't see any more CnAnime masq videos.
I know the official videographer and actually videography clearance WAS discussed previous to the Masquerade and we were told that everything was fine for people to go ahead and tape.

A Canadian Idol, 'somebody' suddenly did a flip-flop and decided to be a pain in our ass, primarily because they didn't want our cosplay identified with Canadian Idol in any way. (Makes you feel special doesn't it?).

Representitives of Hobbystar were just as suprised at the sudden turn around as we were, as they had originally handed down the green light.

Canadian Idol even made certain people sign depositions that they wouldn't circulate thier tapes. They have threatened to prosecute anyone circulating tapes of that show. With that in mind I'd suggest taking any discussions of that nature to email.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2005, 10:52 PM   #7
JustinCredible
FunPloyee Of The Year!

Quote:
A Canadian Idol, 'somebody' suddenly did a flip-flop and decided to be a pain in our ass, primarily because they didn't want our cosplay identified with Canadian Idol in any way. (Makes you feel special doesn't it?).
Well although I wasn't on stage, I know personaly I wouldn't want to be identified with Canadian Idol... I get laughed at enough as it is!
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote