Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Virginia Cosplay Society

Unread 01-09-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
zekitty
Come along to rainbowland

VCS Katsucon '05 T-shirts??

I wasn't sure if I could post this in the "Get together at Katsu '05?" thread or make a new thread... So I flipped a coin and Coin Sensei told me to make a new topic. XD Seriously.

Anyways, I've been moping around this site: http://www.zazzle.com. You can design your own t-shirts, and you can get a major discount for ordering more than one! For example:

The price of one shirt is $13.45. The price of 2-11 shirts is $12.78. The price of 12-49 shirts is $12.11. The price of 50-99 shirts $11.17. (But I don't think we'll go that high. XD)

So yeah! I was thinking (we don't have to do it) that we could design a shirt specifically for the VCS members that attend Katsu, order them, and then pass them out at the gathering on Saturday! :3 So that way we can remember that day when we realized we're not alone! XD

*dansu dansu* Whatcha thinkie everyone?? I'm all for it!!
San (Princess Mononoke)
Mamimi Samejima (FLCL)
Mika Itoh (Bible Black) -- maybe
Incredibly rainbowy raver

zekitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
bigwil
Photo Pirate Yarr!

Sounds interesting....*bows to Coin sensei*+_+

Taking Pitures,check'em out!...wanna shoot,pm here or therehttp://www.facebook.com/TGPhotographyAndArt

Cosplays:Serious Bizness Kabuki,Various civilian Kamen Rider and Sentai and AbareRed(Abarangers/Dino thunder)
Upcomin' projects:
Possibles:
Cons 2014
Katsucon
Rofcon?
Anime Mid Atlantic
Animazement
Otakon
AWA?
A-USA?
Nekocon
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #3
Wakusei
Kaizoku no Oujisama

Why not find a place offline? An online place may only have certain design choices, but in my own opinion the shirt might mean a bit more by letting members of the VCS design one. We could then compile the designs and therein have a completed t-shirt design. Doing that would make it more personal, but that's just my opinion.

A funny thing...
Before you posted this topic I was batting the idea of creating T-shirts for my group. I came across such a plan because when I was in South Hill (attending an anime club meeting) across from the gas station I saw a printers.
Wakusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #4
Riji
Everybody Go Go

I know there are two places in Cville that do custom printing. My old high school's cheerleading squad used one on one occasion. I remember when the girl got off the phone with them, she said the prices were really high. I think they were around $20 a shirt.
Unread 01-10-2005, 05:22 AM   #5
zekitty

Wakusei: You can make your own designs on zazzle, there are absolutely no pre-made designs. You can upload a pic from your computer, decide the colour of your t-shirt, decide the STYLE of your t-shirt, choose from hundreds of fonts, etc. I've already designed three shirts but haven't ordered them yet. They're so kawaii...! *huggles them*

Riji: I know of a few places nearby that do shirts. One is my Graphics Communications teacher/yearbook advisor, but the problem with that is that the only shirts we could silk screen onto will be these crappy practically-see-through white t-shirts. *grumble mumble* There's two places by my church that I used to go to as well. They charge for the t-shirt and also charge for how much ink you'll use, where you want the design to be, etc. The prices just add up... I called there last night and practically fell off my chair. They said they did "high quality printing," but I think that's just a ripoff. If you know of a better place then please look into it!

What I like about zazzle.com is that you only pay $12.78 for 2-11 shirts, whereas if you order offline, it costs a lot more for 2-11 shirts. But let's look into our options here, ne? :3
San (Princess Mononoke)
Mamimi Samejima (FLCL)

Unread 01-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
bag0k
Sailor srs >:|

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekitty
Wakusei: You can make your own designs on zazzle, there are absolutely no pre-made designs. You can upload a pic from your computer, decide the colour of your t-shirt, decide the STYLE of your t-shirt, choose from hundreds of fonts, etc. I've already designed three shirts but haven't ordered them yet. They're so kawaii...! *huggles them*

Riji: I know of a few places nearby that do shirts. One is my Graphics Communications teacher/yearbook advisor, but the problem with that is that the only shirts we could silk screen onto will be these crappy practically-see-through white t-shirts. *grumble mumble* There's two places by my church that I used to go to as well. They charge for the t-shirt and also charge for how much ink you'll use, where you want the design to be, etc. The prices just add up... I called there last night and practically fell off my chair. They said they did "high quality printing," but I think that's just a ripoff. If you know of a better place then please look into it!

What I like about zazzle.com is that you only pay $12.78 for 2-11 shirts, whereas if you order offline, it costs a lot more for 2-11 shirts. But let's look into our options here, ne? :3
*raises hand* how would we pay for the shirts? Would you or someone else pay for 'em all and we pay you back when we receive them? I just want that cleared up...
But I'm all for it! Les go T-shirts!

I've gotten a custom T-shirt done at a local T-shirt place and boy was it ever overpriced... I think like, $25. But it was embroidery. (sp?) Can you possibly link to the shirts you've designed so far? I'd like to see 'em!
Unread 01-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
Riji
Everybody Go Go

I'd love to see your designs too!

I've been messing around a bit with zazzle and I agree with you guys that it's better than getting it done in a local shop. I thought you'd only be able to get white t-shirts through zazzle but you can get other colors/styles! It's so exciting! XD
Unread 01-11-2005, 01:40 AM   #8
bigwil
Photo Pirate Yarr!

Lightbulb

Finally my input..Can anybody say good mascots and shirt designs....would change the TC to VA...someone*cough*..zekitty... with a good colorin' program could help with colorin maybe.put circle or some geometric shape around it and virginia cosplay society around and blam bling and ba-da-boom we got ourselves a good lookin' shirt...whattcha all think..

Taking Pitures,check'em out!...wanna shoot,pm here or therehttp://www.facebook.com/TGPhotographyAndArt

Cosplays:Serious Bizness Kabuki,Various civilian Kamen Rider and Sentai and AbareRed(Abarangers/Dino thunder)
Upcomin' projects:
Possibles:
Cons 2014
Katsucon
Rofcon?
Anime Mid Atlantic
Animazement
Otakon
AWA?
A-USA?
Nekocon

Last edited by bigwil : 12-01-2005 at 06:48 AM.
Unread 01-11-2005, 12:22 PM   #9
Wakusei
Kaizoku no Oujisama

I'll post my design on here as soon as I can get over to my dad's house and scan it in. I don't have a scanner here.

I am intrigued by your designs, Wil. Maybe we can combine efforts and have 1 female and 1 male. Since you've already shown a couple girls I'll sketch up a couple guys. Nobody ever uses guys or a group of both, so we could really stand apart.
Wakusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2005, 05:58 PM   #10
bigwil
Photo Pirate Yarr!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakusei
I'll post my design on here as soon as I can get over to my dad's house and scan it in. I don't have a scanner here.

I am intrigued by your designs, Wil. Maybe we can combine efforts and have 1 female and 1 male. Since you've already shown a couple girls I'll sketch up a couple guys. Nobody ever uses guys or a group of both, so we could really stand apart.
I kinda funny we have go thru same thing with da scannin and all...Sounds like a creative fusion in process!! ..Artist represent!!!

Upcomin' projects:
Possibles:
Cons 2014
Katsucon
Rofcon?
Anime Mid Atlantic
Animazement
Otakon
AWA?
A-USA?
Nekocon
Unread 01-11-2005, 09:08 PM   #11
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil
I kinda funny we have go thru same thing with da scannin and all...Sounds like a creative fusion in process!! ..Artist represent!!!
I think that it would look so awesome together! and it will be completely the VCS 's original desighn.

Last edited by Star_Angel : 01-11-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Star_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2005, 05:00 AM   #12
zekitty

Buaha, ph34r t3h VCS!! *ninja*

I'd post my t-shirt designs, but they're not THAT great. Though...there is one funny one. XDD I'll post it here sometime afterschool today - I got the fabric for my Cait Sith PJs and I've been going crazy making them. XD
San (Princess Mononoke)
Mamimi Samejima (FLCL)

Unread 01-13-2005, 05:38 AM   #13
zekitty

Bah-ness. I can't post them. >.< It'll let me view the shirts but won't let me take them. Grr.

Anyways... So what's te master plan then??
San (Princess Mononoke)
Mamimi Samejima (FLCL)

Unread 02-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #14
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Um, we could be ghetto and buy UVA shirts that just say Virginia on them and write Cosplayers underneath it in fabric marker. XD

Then again, it could probably end up looking like the attachment if we can't find said shirts. ^^
Attached Images
File Type: gif vacosplayers.gif (8.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Riji : 02-04-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Riji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2005, 02:27 AM   #15
bigwil
Photo Pirate Yarr!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
Um, we could be ghetto and buy UVA shirts that just say Virginia on them and write Cosplayers underneath it in fabric marker. XD

Then again, it could probably end up looking like the attachment if we can't find said shirts. ^^
Well hopefully it won't come to that...lol^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekitty
Anyways... So what's te master plan then??
Well I was waitin on Wakusei's input....then we ,plan,then finialize it.....put some color to it maybe...and the get the t-shirt process goin'.......well other than that

VIVA LA KATSU!!!!!:japan:

Upcomin' projects:
Possibles:
Cons 2014
Katsucon
Rofcon?
Anime Mid Atlantic
Animazement
Otakon
AWA?
A-USA?
Nekocon